All Purpose Stadium Thread

kw11333

Busch:

523e2aa822c30.preview-620.jpg

also, could've sworn that the astros played at a football stadium this year

Is that the best configuration they could fit: foul pole to foul pole? That looks absolutely horrible and makes the majority of grandstand seating nigh useless/way too far from the action. Then again, looks like they have

Anyone have any pics of the Pats at Fenway? (Or was it another team? I know football was played at Fenway)

Here's football at the Old Stadium: Home of the New York Football Giants, the Greatest Game Ever Played, and Knute Rockne's Gipper Speech...

1930Dec15th.jpg

2535471368_6fb354fbc0_z.jpg?zz=1

And soccer at the New Stadium...

0,,10268~11821608,00.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not the best configuration they could do at Busch (see the soccer set up a few posts before) but it was during the baseball season and it really tore the field up as is, so much so their groundkeeper was fired over his speaking out against the game. Had they gone the same direction as the soccer games it would have tore up the infield, much more difficult to work with.

A few more:

Soccer at Lucas Oil Stadium

ChelseaInterGameAction.jpg

Basketball at Lucas Oil Stadium:

trv_g_lucasoil2_576.jpg

Basketball setups in stadiums designed for football or baseball always intrigue me. They're horrible, but not in a Barclays Centre hockey configuration way. More in a "they did that? huh..." way.

Basketball setups in stadiums designed for football or baseball always intrigue me. They're horrible, but not in a Barclays Centre hockey configuration way. More in a "they did that? huh..." way.

Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis has the same issues...which is one of the many reasons why Indy probably won't get an NHL team anytime soon (large pic):

GOPR2029.jpg

AT&T Park home of the San Francisco Giants hosting the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl. To me this is unique due to the fact that both teams are on the same sideline during the game.

3145080117_5837616263_b-750x563.jpg

Thank God this was the final Bowl Season that game will be played there. It's moving to Levis Stadium next year. The doubled up sideline was necessitated by one of the things that made that configuration terrible (and why baseball parks should never host football). The "prime" seats for baseball have absolutely terrible views for football and soccer (the San Jose Earthquakes opened their season at AT&T Park last year).

910111_2012-03-19-195911-1264435.jpg

AT&T Park home of the San Francisco Giants hosting the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl. To me this is unique due to the fact that both teams are on the same sideline during the game.

3145080117_5837616263_b-750x563.jpg

wtf? that should never happen, it makes it harder to make substitutions depending on which side of the field they are playing on.

Milwaukee County Stadium

2610781801_0d1dcb09bc_o_d.jpg

The Packers had the same setup at County Stadium. Teams on both sides. They played a few games there up until 1994.

iq5b7nF.png

whatevs-20110916202653.jpg

Another odd configuration in the Bay Area. Soccer being played at the Oakland Coliseum by the San Jose Earthquakes again (in 2008 and 9), but while the stadium is in the baseball configuration rather than the football config as has also been done for several international friendlies.

summer08040xz6.jpg

Archived