All Purpose Stadium Thread

kw11333

To be honest, I wouldn't be shocked if the Hounds and Calvary were DOA. The stadium was supposed to open this year, but both teams have been pushed back another year and I think they might have lost the naming deal for the stadium. This is the second or third time the Hounds have been pushed back I believe.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Louisville Slugger Field could soon be the new home for the Orlando City USL Pro team.

5632674163_2d62e5e5c8_z.jpg

This is the proposed layout of the field.

sluggersoccer_zps385b2dd6.png

If you don't mind me asking what is Orlando City doing playing 700 miles to the Northwest? Are they moving or just barnstorming?

If you don't mind me asking what is Orlando City doing playing 700 miles to the Northwest? Are they moving or just barnstorming?

Orlando City FC of Louisville.

*DUCKS*

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Yeah I think it'd be pretty dumb to play in a occupied minor league baseball stadium. Its better what Virginia is doing (if its actually made but still not ideal) but with the layout shown you'll have a dirt infield in one box, and be kicking corner kicks off the warning track at the other end. Not really ideal.

I think I'd rather see half empty football stadiums than full baseball stadiums for soccer. Experience has to be better for the fans and players.

Louisville would be a great town for a soccer club, not sure about splitting a stadium with a baseball team tho. I say renovate a vacant Cardinal Stadium, and pay me for the logo I made in my 2030 series.

Cardinal Stadium will be torn down. Not sure if they ever condemned it, but they no longer allow the public into the stands for safety reasons.

Correction, its exactly the same as Virginia is doing. So they both are bad ideas unless they have someway of getting rid of the dirt infield...

They'll do the same thing NFL stadia do...put sod over the infield.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived