kw11333

All Purpose Stadium Thread

Nice, the foul area is very large but there is nothing they can do about that

They could have played the game in Arizona.

Nice, the foul area is very large but there is nothing they can do about that

They could have played the game in Arizona.

[mod redacted]

Edited by Mockba
Chill.

MOD EDIT

Edited by LMU

Another interesting use of BC Place: Playdome, Canada's largest indoor carnival.

playdome.jpg

Montreal Olympic Stadium getting ready for baseball this weekend

Bjq97omCMAAflSH.jpg

Soccer:

Olympic%20Stadium.jpg

Canadian Football

08_mtl_mtl_scene_CrowdBigOCP1730.jpg

Bjq97omCMAAflSH.jpg

Okay that's awesome and kinda sad that they're putting the Expos script behind home plate.

Bjq97omCMAAflSH.jpg

Okay that's awesome and kinda sad that they're putting the Expos script behind home plate.

I got chills seeing that.

This begs the question, is there even a remote possibility that the Jays wear Expos unis??

Bjq97omCMAAflSH.jpg

I got chills seeing that.

This begs the question, is there even a remote possibility that the Jays wear Expos unis??

I thought the exact same thing. I doubt it, but it'd be awesome if they at least wore a patch.

What would it say? "Thanks for expelling your anglophones so that your team moved and ours didn't"? I'm not good enough in Illustrator to make all that text fit :(

EDIT: especially in both languages, hence the relocation in the first place :( / le :(

It's kinda funny how the Jays have done more to remember the Expos that the Nationals.

sZLF3h5.jpg

needs improvement

Logo of the day?

LOTD?

Sorry, your opinion is invalid, as you're not a member of the Magnificent 17, the official authority on Logo of the Day awards. Carry on.

It's kinda funny how the Jays have done more to remember the Expos that the Nationals.

It's not funny at all, it's the way things should be. The Nationals don't play in Montreal, they play in Washington. It's not up to Washington to keep alive the legacy of a team from a city that primarily doesn't even speak the same language or have the same culture.

The Expos are basically dormant until Montreal makes the conscious choice to do what it takes to bring them back, which is what Washington eventually did after 34 years of hardheadedness and incompetence. Hopefully Montreal won't take that long to bring Nos Amours home. These exhibition games are certainly a nice first step, and the Montreal Baseball Project is also doing good work in that direction.