kw11333

All Purpose Stadium Thread

Soccer at the renovated Yankee Stadium in 1976.

BmVOfZ7CQAAkZ2I.jpg

The short shorts, The American styled kits, the malboro sponsor in the back, can this photo get any more beautiful?

Soccer at the renovated Yankee Stadium in 1976.

BmVOfZ7CQAAkZ2I.jpg

The short shorts, The American styled kits, the malboro sponsor in the back, can this photo get any more beautiful?

Short shorts, soccer being played on dirt, soccer being played in a stadium that has no business hosting the sport, and that goofy freaking ball... Doesn't get much worse.

Plus, the bleachers behind the bullpens weren't finished yet.

Miller Park, soccer layout.

international-soccer-seat-map-press-rele

Miller Park, soccer layout.

international-soccer-seat-map-press-rele

Shoulda faced it the other way. The right field fence is flatter, and would allow for a better view. I guess they did it this way though, because there would be more seats on the left side of the soccer field though.

Miller Park, soccer layout.international-soccer-seat-map-press-rele

Shoulda faced it the other way. The right field fence is flatter, and would allow for a better view. I guess they did it this way though, because there would be more seats on the left side of the soccer field though.

And the Friday's restaurant is just over the left field fence.

Paul McCartney to play Candlestick Park's last concert August 14.

Oakland Coliseum is mentioned in the new version of Godzilla as a refugee center, but the scenes that were supposed to take place there are clearly another stadium. Red and gray seats, wavy roof. At first I thought it was Candlestick, but it's clearly not. Turns out it was BC Place in Vancouver:

Screen-shot-2013-05-20-at-7.21.37-PM-640

god-fema-bc-place.jpg

I noticed that too! It was bugging me until I realized where I saw that seat pattern before.

US soccer played at Candlestick tonight, their first game in San Francisco since they played at AT&T field.

AT&T Park. In a world where there is a AT&T Center (NBA) and AT&T Stadium, (NFL) it's important to note the distinction.

From the Baseball Fever user 'DeltaBoy' B.C. Place in 1983. I never saw it from this angle. With the scoreboard, I wonder if it's able to host baseball anymore.

BowWm5ACYAAwJhs.jpg

From the Baseball Fever user 'DeltaBoy' B.C. Place in 1983. I never saw it from this angle. With the scoreboard, I wonder if it's able to host baseball anymore.

BowWm5ACYAAwJhs.jpg

If that ad doesn't scream "make us an MLB expansion team now," I'm not sure what does.

I guess this goes here since I think someone posted a picture of old Connie Mack Stadium (Shibe Park) in football mode.

Here was the view from the rooftops across the street before the Phila A's put up a large fence to block the view in 1937. That's a F load of people up there!

10390411_722289417833999_115350106706167

I guess this goes here since I think someone posted a picture of old Connie Mack Stadium (Shibe Park) in football mode.

Here was the view from the rooftops across the street before the Phila A's put up a large fence to block the view in 1937. That's a F load of people up there!

10390411_722289417833999_115350106706167

Where in Philly is that?

21st and Lehigh in north philly. Not exactly a thriving part of the city.

Very true, as is most of North Philly.

BowWm5ACYAAwJhs.jpg

I am pretty sure the renovations from a few years back got rid of the baseball configuration, but a member from that area can confirm it for sure.

BowWm5ACYAAwJhs.jpg

I am pretty sure the renovations from a few years back got rid of the baseball configuration, but a member from that area can confirm it for sure.
I think the seats can still be retracted and sliding pits installed, I think the only obstacle would be the scoreboard.