kw11333

All Purpose Stadium Thread

Compare that to this pre-renovation concert setup at the Oakland Coliseum.

Day-on-the-Green.jpg

The Day On The Green concerts were always fun & legendary. They ran from 1973-1992 at the Coliseum.

Fenway Park has been hosting enormous concerts for several years now with the stage out in center field.

fenway2.jpg

062912-the-wall.jpg

However Fenway also sometimes hosts smaller concerts with the stage set up atop the bullpens, facing the bleacher seats. They've done it with classical shows and the Dropkick Murphys a few years back and will be doing it for Jack White later this year. This appears to be a much nicer setup.

CLASS071610_Fenway_main.jpg

dropkick01.jpg

Indoor soccer at the Kingdome during the NASL indoor period:

2001436362.jpg

And even at the Tacoma Dome. The MISL's Tacoma Stars played there for several seasons.

These are Georgia State's plans for the Turner Field site. Turner Filed would be converted into a football stadium keeping the original part from the Olympic Stadium intact. Also the site of the old Fulton County Stadium would be used for baseball.

turner-field-gsu-concept-1*600.jpg

These are Georgia State's plans for the Turner Field site. Turner Filed would be converted into a football stadium keeping the original part from the Olympic Stadium intact. Also the site of the old Fulton County Stadium would be used for baseball.

turner-field-gsu-concept-1*600.jpg

Financed by private donations?

Seems backwards to me to turn a baseball stadium into a football one, only to then build a new baseball stadium nextdoor

Oh I get the logistics of why they're doing it, it just strikes me as an odd sequence of events

Even more when you realized when originally built it it was for track & field.

Track & Field > Baseball > Football

Baseball/Football > Parking Lot > Baseball

Well, kinda, it was built for track track and field, but the full intention was to be re-purposed into a baseball park.

Seems backwards to me to turn a baseball stadium into a football one, only to then build a new baseball stadium nextdoor

This is atlanta and the state of georgia we're talking about here. They've never encountered a sports facility proposal that they didn't want to throw tens of millions of taxpayer dollars at. Logic be damned just build it because profit!

It looks like the new baseball field will be on the site of old Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium so that the site of Hank Aaron's home run is preserved. Or that's what I'd assume

Who will play here? Not worth the cash if you can't bring in the a$$...es

Its the athletics village for Georgia State football and baseball. GA State just moved to the Sun Belt Conf in 2013 I think.

Well, kinda, it was built for track track and field, but the full intention was to be re-purposed into a baseball park.

I know, just funny the same stadium that was never built to be "multipurpose" will be used for 3 completely different sports.

WNBA at Arthur Ashe Stadium:

19liberty.600.jpg

Since the U.S. Open is wrapping up tomorrow, what exactly goes on here the other 50 weeks of the year?

Candlestick Park in 1971.

BxhluYJCQAAtubm.jpg

What MCU Park looks like with a football field. Thought I'd put this up since Brooklyn Bolts of the new FXFL debuted this week.

NY-DG510_SP_FOO_G_20141016172822.jpg