2014 NFL Offseason

Kramerica Industries

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And according to Schefter, there was interest in him when the Eagles shopped him around. Is there any benefit to outright cutting him over dealing him for even a low draft pick? That's a legitimate question. Or maybe I'm misinterpreting Schefter when he says they shopped him and there was interest.

IUe6Hvh.png

This news about the Eagles cutting Jackson cus of gang ties is really troubling to me. There's no way a team just cuts a playmaker like Desean Jackson for the :censored: of it, if you really wanted to get rid of him you'd let him go for the best trade offer given and be done with him if it was a team chemistry thing or coach/player chemistry thing.

First thing I heard when he was cut was "Patriots probably gonna sign him" iunno... "May be connected to gang members with 2 potential homicides in the LA area' sounds a bit to eerily similar to what the Patriots just went through lol.

TYBG

Indo get rolled up like car windows,
Avoiding the policeman them Carl Winslows

This news about the Eagles cutting Jackson cus of gang ties is really troubling to me. There's no way a team just cuts a playmaker like Desean Jackson for the :censored: of it, if you really wanted to get rid of him you'd let him go for the best trade offer given and be done with him if it was a team chemistry thing or coach/player chemistry thing.

First thing I heard when he was cut was "Patriots probably gonna sign him" iunno... "May be connected to gang members with 2 potential homicides in the LA area' sounds a bit to eerily similar to what the Patriots just went through lol.

I don't think the Patriots would touch him right now. Depends on how legitimate the gang rumors are, I guess.

IUe6Hvh.png

I don't think the Patriots would touch him right now. Depends on how legitimate the gang rumors are, I guess.

Agreed. The Patriots are still trying to get over that mess. Jackson is too much baggage for the limited production that he gives you.

He has a big cap number this year I think, but despite what most of the idiot fans think, the eagles aren't cheap and gave plenty of cap room, so he and/or his new agent most have really pissed them off. Of course new agent doesn't get a cut of old contract so there's that motivation too.

SEA established their own market for Harvin who is younger than Jackson. Personally, I would take the younger player. PHI still needs McCoy under a reasonable contract until they find their QB.

This is a very WR deep draft.

I can't claim that I've seen a lot of Harvin, but from what I've seen, I don't see any way he's worth more than Jackson.

I can't believe that no team offered anything for him, just to get him without having to bid on him in FA. Or if teams did offer anything, why the Eagles wouldn't take it.

Morals? Maybe they have inside knowledge that he did something and is going to be suspended and didn't want to screw over another team (since they wouldn't be allowed to disclose that info if it's still an investigation).

I don't get it - there is no team that is better without Deshawn Jackson than with him. Even if just as a PR. As I said before, I don't think it's cap related. He's a pain in the butt, but doesn't seem like the kind of guy who can tear a team apart. Not like a McNabb or TO.

Either Chip Kelly simply doesn't want any discontent in his lockerroom, or they know the hammer is about to come down hard on him. My guess is the latter.

EDIT: According to a beat writer, the Eagles decided over a month ago to part ways, and started shopping him to other teams on 3/1. They then felt that it wasn't appropriate to deal him to another team without knowing the full story about the gang thing. So I guess it was morals after all. Apparently the gang thing was the final straw, not the main one.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I hope he doesn't go to New England or Oakland. He might be a good fit for the Packers or Broncos. Great, Philadelphia doesn't have any receivers!

The Eagles would rather sacrifice depth at the WR position than to have a possible cancer in Jackson. Great move by the Eagles despite losing talent.

I don't know...something seems off about this Jackson thing. These teams do their homework on players before they draft them and I can't imagine they didn't know at the very least he knew someone that was affiliated considering where he's from. Knowing someone that is affiliated and being affiliated are two different things and it's not hard to assume the Eagles were ok with what info they had. I find it odd that this just pops up.

Aaron Hernandez will always come up whenever something like this happens, but to my earlier point, teams do their homework. The Pats knew he had a shady past but took him anyway. Unlike Hernandez I don't think Jackson has actually been in trouble with the law. So there's that.

To me it just seems more convinient to release a guy with a gang affiliation than to release a guy because they paid him too much and have a hard time trading him. A fan base would definitely get behind the decision more if it was the former. Easier to accept losing your favorite player because he is a known thug, and not because the team is just cheap.

He was a second round pic due to character concerns, so yeah they knew he was a risk. But that's a risk you take to get first round talent in mid second round.

More stuff is coming out, including some things that didn't turn in to charges, but could have. I think they were serious about parting ways even without the gang story. It just turned a trade into a release

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/derrick-ward-goes-on-twitter-rampage-against-nfl-espn-more-032814

Derrick Ward ranted about the Desean Jackson thing and he made A LOT of very solid point. Whether you like his approach or not you can't deny he laid out quite a few valid points.

(If someone posted it my bad, if not enjoy the read, theres definitely no lack of truth being pointed out there)

TYBG

Indo get rolled up like car windows,
Avoiding the policeman them Carl Winslows

I think he's from around there. That could be disastrous as far as keeping him out of trouble goes.

His teammates are not sticking up for him either. To a man, they have wished him well but also essentially conceded that it had to happen. Nobody really upset.

The 76ers thank the Eagles for deflecting attention away from them for a few hours...

There's no attention on the 76ers. If the Sixers won a game, that would attract negative attention, since they're having an incredibly successful season.

Archived