NFC

(7) Arizona at (2) Carolina

(6) New Orleans at (3) Philadelphia

(5) San Francisco at (4) Green Bay

Bye: Seattle

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People talk sh¡t about Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones being TERRIBLE owners, when all they want to do is WIN.

All Mike Brown ever wanted was profit. The Bengals won't ever be true contenders until he croaks or sells the team (which, let's face it: isn't going to happen.)

I don't know much about Synder except that he once sold old peanuts from a defunct airline to the people at FedEx Stadium, but with Jerry, he's all about the money. He wants to win as long as he's making money first. If he truly wanted a great team that consistently makes title runs, he'd step aside and let the football guys do football.

He's arguably the best business/marketing owner since Jerry Buss, but that does not make you a football genius. We have some amazing talent in the skill positions, but we completely lack talent in critical areas (namely our whole defense).

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Lovie introduced today as Bucs coach today.  Fans down there seem to be warming to him slightly, and after Schiano you can't blame them.  Let me warn you:

Lovie is a great coach when the team is winning.  He's loose, his players love him (almost too much), and when things are clicking it feels good.  When the team starts losing, however....

Get ready for some intensely painful press conferences where Lovie shovels a giant pile of fake laughter and dismissive answers onto the podium.  Prepare yourself for him being insulted at the media daring to ask hard questions or question his decisions.  Get ready for "Us (the team) vs. Them (the press, fans, and critics)" and all the wonderful things that occur when your franchise doesn't have an offense.  I also see the team gave Lovie complete power over the roster, so when your offense doesn't develop due to draft negligence, savor the flavor.

But hey, at least you'll get Devin Hester for a season or two.

This is all on the money. There are a lot of things Lovie does well, but for the things he doesn't, he needs someone to fill in those gaps for him. Making him de facto GM is like the exact opposite of how to be successful with him: he shouldn't be a coach with expanded control, he should have reduced control, namely over the offense. Like I said, the smartest thing the Bears could have done was to make Trestman their offensive coordinator and let Lovie continue to do his thing on the defensive/special teams side, where it's well understood that he excels. Now, the Bears are in the ignominious position of having fired a coach who went 10-6 only to finish 8-8 after blowing back-to-back playoff-clinching games, yet we're meant to believe that we upgraded at head coach.

Your argument plays into the "should've fired Lovie a year earlier" theory, but I feel any further analysis of Bears How/Why/Whens is going to give me colon cancer.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Also Browns fans will be happy to know that Josh McDaniels withdrew consideration for that position.

That's right, Cleveland: Josh freakin' McDaniels turned you down.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Lovie introduced today as Bucs coach today.  Fans down there seem to be warming to him slightly, and after Schiano you can't blame them.  Let me warn you:

Lovie is a great coach when the team is winning.  He's loose, his players love him (almost too much), and when things are clicking it feels good.  When the team starts losing, however....

Get ready for some intensely painful press conferences where Lovie shovels a giant pile of fake laughter and dismissive answers onto the podium.  Prepare yourself for him being insulted at the media daring to ask hard questions or question his decisions.  Get ready for "Us (the team) vs. Them (the press, fans, and critics)" and all the wonderful things that occur when your franchise doesn't have an offense.  I also see the team gave Lovie complete power over the roster, so when your offense doesn't develop due to draft negligence, savor the flavor.

But hey, at least you'll get Devin Hester for a season or two.

This is all on the money. There are a lot of things Lovie does well, but for the things he doesn't, he needs someone to fill in those gaps for him. Making him de facto GM is like the exact opposite of how to be successful with him: he shouldn't be a coach with expanded control, he should have reduced control, namely over the offense. Like I said, the smartest thing the Bears could have done was to make Trestman their offensive coordinator and let Lovie continue to do his thing on the defensive/special teams side, where it's well understood that he excels. Now, the Bears are in the ignominious position of having fired a coach who went 10-6 only to finish 8-8 after blowing back-to-back playoff-clinching games, yet we're meant to believe that we upgraded at head coach.

Sounds a lot like Andy Reid, but reversed - Lovie is black, Lovie is a defensive guy, Lovie is probably a good father. Other than that, the rest could be applied to Reid.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I had minor hypothermia from my battery dying and waiting 90 mins to get a jump start

The Dolphins better get a big name GM who hqas the freedom to change coach otherwise it will be the same ol BS 6-10 going nowhwere with a a nowhere QB and no hope of getting Jameis Winston.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

People talk sh¡t about Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones being TERRIBLE owners, when all they want to do is WIN.

All Mike Brown ever wanted was profit. The Bengals won't ever be true contenders until he croaks or sells the team (which, let's face it: isn't going to happen.)

I don't know much about Synder except that he once sold old peanuts from a defunct airline to the people at FedEx Stadium, but with Jerry, he's all about the money. He wants to win as long as he's making money first. If he truly wanted a great team that consistently makes title runs, he'd step aside and let the football guys do football.

He's arguably the best business/marketing owner since Jerry Buss, but that does not make you a football genius. We have some amazing talent in the skill positions, but we completely lack talent in critical areas (namely our whole defense).

it probably doesn't help that he continues to live in his disillusion of being a football genius which he got from raping Minnesota and turning the picks into 3 hall of fame players in exchange for a RB that was good. At least that was the selling point at the time of the trade. He fails to look at the reality that he isn't a football genius and since their last Super Bowl win/appearance, they are a mediocre .500 team.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Jay Gruden is the new head coach of the Redskins. That will be a complete disaster.

and Hue Jackson is the Bengals' new offensive coordinator. Don't know how I feel about that, but I'm leaning towards not liking it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Gruden just killed his coaching career. As for Hue Jackson being the new OC, maybe that is what the Bengals need. The Bengals need to start throwing a lot more. They have a ton of receivers with speed. Just need to make sure someone else is throwing the ball.

...Johnny Manziel will be the next Tim Tebow of the NFL. Three years and he will be on TV commentating College Football Games.

Gruden just killed his coaching career. As for Hue Jackson being the new OC, maybe that is what the Bengals need. The Bengals need to start throwing a lot more. They have a ton of receivers with speed. Just need to make sure someone else is throwing the ball.

...Johnny Manziel will be the next Tim Tebow of the NFL. Three years and he will be on TV commentating College Football Games.

or David Klingler, Jeff George....

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

If Houston picks Manziel over Bridgewater then they deserve to crash and burn.

What the Bengals need to do is trade Dalton to Cleveland for their 1st Rd Pick. ...and with that pick select a new QB. Let Josh Johnson run the show for a couple years and see what he does. Meanwhile, let the Rookie ride the pine and learn the system.

Jay Gruden is the new head coach of the Redskins. That will be a complete disaster.

and Hue Jackson is the Bengals' new offensive coordinator. Don't know how I feel about that, but I'm leaning towards not liking it.

michael-scott-no.gif

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Why does everyone feel that Manziel will be a bust in the NFL? Is there something that much wrong with his game, or is it more wishful hoping on your behalf that he fails?

Folks were saying the same thing about Cam Newton, and all he's done is gotten the Panthers a division championship and a 12-4 record in his third season.

For me its more of a gut feeling, but I've been proven wrong so many times about what I know when it comes to football I should just start ignoring my gut. Mobile QBs that rely on their legs as much or more than their arms seem to not last long in the NFL. Vick was an exception as is Cam Newton today.

You could probably make a good argument either way based on facts. But its so much more fun to let personal feelings get involved.

I actually like Manziel and I think he was an amazing college player that was entertaining to watch on the field and off. I just don't think its going to translate into long term NFL success.

I think Manziel will be great in the NFL. Sure dude will be under a microscope, but he works and he works hard. Jacksonville would probably be a horrible situation for him, so Cleveland or Minnesota, do it up!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Why does everyone feel that Manziel will be a bust in the NFL? Is there something that much wrong with his game, or is it more wishful hoping on your behalf that he fails?

Folks were saying the same thing about Cam Newton, and all he's done is gotten the Panthers a division championship and a 12-4 record in his third season.

Exactly my point. I think he's a stud, and so far he's proved everyone wrong at every turn, I think that most people's dead-set bias against him is a byproduct of that, it makes sense, if you don't like him, you don't think he'll do good in the NFL. I personally thought the same about Newton, Manziel was a great player on a team that would've gone 4-8 without him, with a horrendous defense. I think he's going to be a stud in the pros.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

michael-scott-no.gif

You can have your draft pick back this season in exchange for your next 4 first rounders.

EDIT-

Jay Gruden Everybody

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

or David Klingler, Jeff George....

Jeff George had a nice NFL career. Just not as good as should be expected from the top overall pick. If I remember reading Sports Illustrated after that draft, the pick kinda came out of nowhere, and only the Colts had him that high.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived