NFL - 32 animal logos

STL_ArchMadness

alright so correct me if im wrong, but i believe there are 14 teams in the NFL that are not named after animals? i am going to try to make logos for those 14 without animal names. I've tried to give different names to these teams that are appropriate to the city or the organization. I would love for you guys to join in and make some for yourselves. Feel free to keep the teams same colors or change it as you feel.

I have changed a few due to your guy's great ideas

The names i am going to dry to design logos for are:

- New Orleans Saints = New Orleans Nightwings

- San Francisco 49ers = San Francisco Skates (popular stingray species in SF)

- Cleveland Browns = Cleveland Dawgs

- Oakland Raiders = Oakland Snaps

- Kansas City Chiefs = Kansas City Nightwings

- New York Giants = New York Rhinos

- New York Jets = New York Leopards

- Green Bay Packers = Green Bay Beavers

- New England Patriots = New England Foxes

- Dallas Cowboys = Dallas Rattlers

- Pittsburgh Steelers = Pittsburgh Owls

- Houston Texans = Houston Toros

- Tennessee Titans = Tennessee Tuskers

- Minnesota Vikings = Minnesota Whitetails

- Washington Redskins = Washington Rails (type of bird / i really liked their bright red beaks, and the team can keep their red "R" alternate logo)

- Tampa Bay Bucs = Tampa Bay Barracudas

Here's my first one,

The Washington Rails

Primary logo - 2ibna1k.jpg

Secondary logo -

21mep9s.jpg

Type Font -

del66p.jpg

Logo and Typre font -

2q1c6zc.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm...script seems a bit throwback and old school to me while the logo seems modern. I would switch up the script and give it some sharper angles, and less round. I like the bird logo though!

give sharper angles to the font or the logo? ill do either because I was kind of just messing around with a random font

- New Orleans Saints = New Orleans Crocs

"Crocs" makes no sense for New Orleans. Gators? Yes. But not Crocs. However, I suggest staying away from the reptiles altogether and going with a Saint Bernard dog. In fact, the Saints already have a Saint Bernard mascot: Gumbo.

new+orleans+saints+gumbo+mascot.jpg

gYH2mW9.png

The San Diego chargers are not on the list

Charger I believe is a type of horse. They do have a horse logo too.

Charger isn't a horse, I looked it up, and the horse logo is long gone, don't get me wrong, I know what your thinking. :upside:
Actually, "Charger" was a term in medieval times used for war horses. So, yes, Charger can be a horse. This explains why so many high schools in the US called "Chargers" use horse logos.

gYH2mW9.png

Charger isn't a horse, I looked it up, and the horse logo is long gone, don't get me wrong, I know what your thinking. :upside:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_horse_breeds#Archaic_types it says Charger as another name for an Archaic type of horse.

Charger isn't a horse, and the horse logo is from the 60's and 70's, don't get me wrong they use to have a horse alternate but charger itself, is not a horse.

Just another one to back up my last link :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destrier

third paragraph states the three types of horses were known as Chargers. So the breed may not be known as a Charger, but their nicknames if you will is Chargers

Also, maybe change the Houston one a bit, sounds to close to Bills (Buffalo)

Use Toros for Houston, that's the origin of the bull head logo because they were pushing the name Toros before deciding on Texans.

FsQiF2W.png

Archived