Thrift Store Gems 2014

johnnysama

A flea market in my hometown had a few caps being sold for $10 each, but they were all half-off; as a result, I got two older California Angels and Montreal Expos adjustable caps for $10.

And this may not be sports-related, but I found a Luigi cap for $4 @ my local Value Village. :)

As an aside, the Angels cap was their 1993-96 style, with the 'CA' halo.

UBwef0L.png

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I've gone back to TJ Maxx twice now and they're all sold out of the LSU Nike gloves, which is crazy considering just how many they had of those just a couple of weeks ago. As of Saturday though they did have 3 pair of the NFL October breast cancer awareness gloves, size L, XL, and XXL for $12.99 each.

98Falcons.png

Hey there thrift fanatics. I'm not sure if you folks consider e-bay to be thrifing, but I just picked up a great find. A 80's/90's Pittsburgh Pirates satin dugout jacket. It has the 87-96 diamond pirate head for the logo. This thing must have been hermetically sealed because even without tags there's no smell or sign of wear on it.

http://mail.aol.com/38702-111/aol-6/en-us/mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=28533960&folder=NewMail&partId=3

http://mail.aol.com/38702-111/aol-6/en-us/mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=28533960&folder=NewMail&partId=4

IFI8izO.gif

If you're in Canada, check out Army & Navy stores this week. NBA jerseys for $10.

I only had change with me, but still had enough for this Stoudemire jersey. Def doing back

I am guessing they're so cheap because the new replicas are coming in soon, and they won't have the NBA logo on them

NBA-New-York-Knicks--231-Amar-27e-Stoude

Only found two things @ the Buffalo Exchange in Seattle: The 1970s Atlanta Braves cap and late-1990s Anaheim Angels caps for $14 combined. They were half-off.

UPDATE: OK, the Braves cap is a bit too big for me; it is a size 7 5/8.

UBwef0L.png

The Bellingham Value Village netted me a Tim Tebow Jets jersey, a Chad Johnson Bengals jersey and a L.A. Angels BP cap all for $18, discounted from $26 thanks to a 30% off coupon. :) None of what I got today is for sale from me, however. :)

UBwef0L.png

• 2 weeks later...

Was in Montreal yesterday, and a sports collectible store in a mall downtown had "traded players" NHL replicas at 2/$70.

He had Sens' Spezza, Sabres' Miller, Devils' Kovalchuk, Oilers' Paajarvi and Hemsky, Habs' Gorges, Sharks' Thornton (not traded).

Too bad wife was with me :therock:

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Hello I'm new to this forum. I was wondering if this is a vintage Champion Joe Montana Niners jersey I saw today at a flea market. I should of picked it up if it is. How do you add pics.

Try www.anony.ws , it's easy to use and I use it I. My phone when needed. No sign up.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

If you're in Canada, check out Army & Navy stores this week. NBA jerseys for $10.

I only had change with me, but still had enough for this Stoudemire jersey. Def doing back

I am guessing they're so cheap because the new replicas are coming in soon, and they won't have the NBA logo on them

NBA-New-York-Knicks--231-Amar-27e-Stoude

Damn, wish they had those stores out here in Nova Scotia. Would be buying so many NBA jerseys.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Walked into Marshall's today to find another good buy. They had former player jerseys, the ones Nike sells for $250 for $20. Picked up a Richardson one.

Nice pickup. If anyone sees any 49ers traded player jerseys (Smith, Moss, etc) I'd definitely be interested. Size 44/48. Have PayPal $ ready to go!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

ALMOST picked up a Miles Austin Cowboys jersey Friday night..... this place, too was having a traded players sale.

Understand that I have No love for the Cowboys or Austin, but I almost dropped the $40 just to have another 19 in my collection.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

If anyone ever sees Theo Fleury Flames jerseys or t-shirts, I'd be interested in acquiring them, because he's one of my favorite hockey players of all time, and I don't really feel like spending $200 on one of those custom throwback jersey websites.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Archived