Thrift Store Gems 2014

johnnysama

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really "thrift store" gems, but was cleaning my basement and found the following jerseys in a bin.

- Replica ProPlayer Florida Panthers White jersey

- Replica Nashville Predators Mustard Alternate with Legwand stitched and numbers

- Pro-Weight Dallas Starts "Mooterus" jersey

Totally forgot I had these. Are authentic Mooterus' in demand like ol' Islanders ones?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Not really "thrift store" gems, but was cleaning my basement and found the following jerseys in a bin.

- Replica ProPlayer Florida Panthers White jersey

- Replica Nashville Predators Mustard Alternate with Legwand stitched and numbers

- Pro-Weight Dallas Starts "Mooterus" jersey

Totally forgot I had these. Are authentic Mooterus' in demand like ol' Islanders ones?

Mooterus is not quite a fisherman, but it definitely should bring a good amount on ebay.

Here's mine, grabbed for $12.99 on shopgoodwill.

hzhLZ1Zl.jpg

eM1DDyml.jpg

ALykGdZ.png

A Marshall's just opened by my house, and I decided to check it out. This store is amazing. Saw four NFL replicas for $20 (just picked one up; pics to come) and four Vancouver Whitecaps replicas for $26. I think I know where I'll be spending my Saturday afternoons from now on. B)

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

A Marshall's just opened by my house, and I decided to check it out. This store is amazing. Saw four NFL replicas for $20 (just picked one up; pics to come) and four Vancouver Whitecaps replicas for $26. I think I know where I'll be spending my Saturday afternoons from now on. B)

My Marshalls is garbage. I've never seen a jersey there.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It isn't a thrift store per say, but a few weeks ago I was in Old Orchard Beach, Maine on a business trip. Stopped by one of the many souvenir shops on the beach. Place was named Dy-No-Mite. Anyhow, there they had a huge rack full of Keyshawn Johnson blue Panther jerseys and the aqua Dolphin Daunte Culpepper jerseys. Everything on the Dolphin jersey was stitched on, and all but the Panther logo was stitched on the Johnson one. They ran $19 a pop. I kick myself for not picking one up each.

Texas.gif

Based on my understanding of Panthers jerseys the logo should be screened. While I've never owned one, many discussions on other jersey boards point to a stitched logo being THE telltale sign of a fake.

100% correct in my experiences. Most of my friends are big Panthers fans, and I've never seen an authentic with a stitched sleeve logo or a fake with a screened one.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Not a "thrift store gem," but I thought I'd offer this up to anyone who's interested. I work at a Lids Outlet and we get a lot of stuff in that I'd definitely be interested in... if it were one of my teams. We usually get northeastern teams in (NY, Boston, Philly, Pittsburgh, etc), but sometimes it's a crapshoot. Some of these hats aren't available on Lids.com, so just in case someone is looking for them, here's a good chunk of the on-field stuff we currently have:

2013 Memorial Day 5950 (camo with camo bill): Mets, Rangers, Phillies, Yankees, Reds, Pirates - $25 (assorted sizes)

2013 Stars & Stripes 5950 (NL white with red bill, AL gray with blue bill): Reds, Pirates, Mets, Yankees, Phillies, Red Sox - $25 (assorted sizes)

Yankees Diamond Era BP 5950 (navy with white bill, Mariano Rivera patch) - $30 (7 3/8, 7 3/4, 8)

2012 Yankees 100th Anniversary of Fenway Park TBTC 5950 (gray, navy bill, navy logo) - $20 (assorted sizes)

2012 Red Sox 100th Anniversary of Fenway Park TBTC 5950 (blank off-white, no logo) - $20 (assorted sizes)

Mets 50th Anniversary 5950 (royal, orange logo, patch on back) - $20 (assorted sizes)

Red Sox 2013 WS Champs 3930 - $15 (OSFA)

Lakewood BlueClaws (MiLB) alt 5950 (white with navy bill) - $25 (7 1/2)

World Baseball Classic 5950: Chinese Taipei, USA, Cuba, Italy, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Mexico - $25 (assorted sizes)

2013 Red Sox ASG side patch 5950 - $35 (7)

NY Giants 3930 (blue, red bill, white logo) - $15 (assorted sizes)

We have a ton more "fashion" hats that I haven't listed (Yankees in every color combination ever, etc.) but if you're looking for something in particular, I can check for you. Unfortunately I can't offer any discounts beyond what's posted, but if anyone is interested in anything, I'll definitely see what I can do.

7C07CB07-8AD5-403A-BE1F-039C179BD0EA_zps

1ACBAC2D-E271-4EED-9452-BC925B590C10_zps

Got the Owens one for $13 at Value Village a few weeks ago, and the Roethlisberger (sp?) jersey for $20 at my aforementioned Marshall's run.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Not a "thrift store gem," but I thought I'd offer this up to anyone who's interested. I work at a Lids Outlet and we get a lot of stuff in that I'd definitely be interested in... if it were one of my teams. We usually get northeastern teams in (NY, Boston, Philly, Pittsburgh, etc), but sometimes it's a crapshoot. Some of these hats aren't available on Lids.com, so just in case someone is looking for them, here's a good chunk of the on-field stuff we currently have:

2013 Memorial Day 5950 (camo with camo bill): Mets, Rangers, Phillies, Yankees, Reds, Pirates - $25 (assorted sizes)

2013 Stars & Stripes 5950 (NL white with red bill, AL gray with blue bill): Reds, Pirates, Mets, Yankees, Phillies, Red Sox - $25 (assorted sizes)

Yankees Diamond Era BP 5950 (navy with white bill, Mariano Rivera patch) - $30 (7 3/8, 7 3/4, 8)

2012 Yankees 100th Anniversary of Fenway Park TBTC 5950 (gray, navy bill, navy logo) - $20 (assorted sizes)

2012 Red Sox 100th Anniversary of Fenway Park TBTC 5950 (blank off-white, no logo) - $20 (assorted sizes)

Mets 50th Anniversary 5950 (royal, orange logo, patch on back) - $20 (assorted sizes)

Red Sox 2013 WS Champs 3930 - $15 (OSFA)

Lakewood BlueClaws (MiLB) alt 5950 (white with navy bill) - $25 (7 1/2)

World Baseball Classic 5950: Chinese Taipei, USA, Cuba, Italy, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Mexico - $25 (assorted sizes)

2013 Red Sox ASG side patch 5950 - $35 (7)

NY Giants 3930 (blue, red bill, white logo) - $15 (assorted sizes)

We have a ton more "fashion" hats that I haven't listed (Yankees in every color combination ever, etc.) but if you're looking for something in particular, I can check for you. Unfortunately I can't offer any discounts beyond what's posted, but if anyone is interested in anything, I'll definitely see what I can do.

I wonder if lids has different prices in different areas.

Those WBC hats are 15 bucks each down here in every size and team, while the MLB one offs are between 15-20 each.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Miami, FL.

I guess the prices can vary by district or region then. My first guess was that the price differences would be due to higher overhead costs in one area vs. another, but that's kind of irrelevant here because Miami definitely isn't cheap!

Got these for $10 total at a flea market this weekend.

2014-09-15130928_zpsb2cdc79d.jpg

Any help in putting a date on these? Michigan State was still "Michigan State University of Agriculture and Applied Science" until 1955 - that's about all I've got. Looking into the history of the seals of Notre Dame and Maryland to try to narrow it down further. Also, anyone know what's up with the maroon and gold colors on the Michigan State pennant?

edit: This site contends that the "Established 1857" date on the Michigan State pennant dates it to pre-1934.

• Note: Artifacts bearing an MSC logo with "Established 1857" indicate that the item was marketed before 1934 when MSC decided to use 1855, not 1857, as the year the school was established. Today, the official seal of MSU shows "Established 1855" at the center."

washington-nationals-2009-2010-stars-and On field authentic for $15 at Marshalls

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived