johnnysama

Thrift Store Gems 2014

Kenora Thistles 100th Anniversary of their Stanley Cup hat.

$1 at local thrift shop

P1520574_zpsaab0a56f.jpg

Just picked up an XL red Team Canada 2014 Olympic jersey from the Sears Outlet for $29.99. Not too shabby for something that was going for $140 two months ago. It was the only one they had in stock, which is too bad, cause I would have preferred the white one, but for thirty bucks, I'll take it.

Just found this $2 Birmingham Bolts t-shirt in the Big Saver Thrift Store on AL Hwy 75 in Roebuck, AL:DTiX4AP.jpg

Edited by RevNet

The most recent pickups at Marshalls was a fitted Mitchell & Ness Clippers cap, and at Ross was an onfield 5950 Chicago Cubs cap. Both were $7.99 each.

As for thrift store finds, I spotted a Brad Johnson Redskins jersey.

There's a massive new thrift shop that just opened around the corner from me, but everytime I go in I don't have enough time to browse properly as I'm with whining kids or whatever, but I spent a solid 45 minutes browsing the other day.

Spotted a Brett Favre Packers' home jersey the other day for $4. In decent shape....was a size too small plus I'm a Lions fan so it would almost be sacrilege.

I did get a Pistons Hardwood Classics tee, white with red trim...the old 80s-90s logo on front.

They had a whole bunch of those hats you get in cases of beer, some teams that I didn't already have, but the ones I have now are just sitting there so I left them for someone who would fully enjoy them.

There's a massive new thrift shop that just opened around the corner from me, but everytime I go in I don't have enough time to browse properly as I'm with whining kids or whatever, but I spent a solid 45 minutes browsing the other day.

Spotted a Brett Favre Packers' home jersey the other day for $4. In decent shape....was a size too small plus I'm a Lions fan so it would almost be sacrilege.

I did get a Pistons Hardwood Classics tee, white with red trim...the old 80s-90s logo on front.

They had a whole bunch of those hats you get in cases of beer, some teams that I didn't already have, but the ones I have now are just sitting there so I left them for someone who would fully enjoy them.

So, where is this place?

In Windsor (I work there and stay at my parents a couple nights a week when starting early); corner of Tecumseh and McDougall, literally 5 minutes from the tunnel.

On this May Day, I find a Grant Hill "horse" Pistons jersey for $4 @ my local Goodwill, then I find a Buffalo Bills Eric Moulds jersey for $6 (just so I'd have a jersey from all the teams in the AFC East) and a Yomiuri Giants cap for $5. :D

On this May Day, I find a Grant Hill "horse" Pistons jersey for $4 @ my local Goodwill, then I find a Buffalo Bills Eric Moulds jersey for $6 (just so I'd have a jersey from all the teams in the AFC East) and a Yomiuri Giants cap for $5. :D

That Grant Hill monstrosity of a jersey had better be only $4. Those were dark times for the Pistons.....

^ Correction: It was $5. My apologies for that mix-up.... oh, and with that Moulds jersey, I now own at least one jersey of all the AFC East teams. :)

That Grant Hill monstrosity of a jersey had better be only $4. Those were dark times for the Pistons.....

Which color? I hated the teal but that burnt red alternate they had I love. I own a Cedric Ceballos one.

^ Teal.

Oh, and I've outdone myself again: I found the New York Islanders "Fisherman" jersey for $20. It is NOT for sale by me, though!

A trip to both the Value Village and Ross in Bellingham yielded a Colorado Rockies BP jersey from the 1990s for $5, and a current-issue Texas Rangers BP cap for $6. :0

^ Teal.

Oh, and I've outdone myself again: I found the New York Islanders "Fisherman" jersey for $20. It is NOT for sale by me, though!

You win life.

Which color? I hated the teal but that burnt red alternate they had I love. I own a Cedric Ceballos one.

The teal was god-awful. And teal is my favorite color!

^ Teal.

You win life.
Now can we get an Anaheim Mighty Ducks “Wildwing" third jersey for that price?

I will post a pic of me wearing the jersey in the not-too-distant future, I promise! :D

^ Teal.

DING DING DING DING :(

Yet another fruitful day @ Seattle's Value Villages: I find an Edmonton Trappers jersey for $5, and three hats: A Las Vegas Stars, Boise Hawks and Kintetsu Buffalo hats, all for $10 combined. I love thrifting..... :)

Akili Smith (CIN) replica in great condition for $5