North American Pro Soccer 2014

DS729

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Urbanites? :blink:

I agree, though, that there's no call to ban supporters groups. They can be a great force for good, organizing a fanbase and raising money for charity. But anybody who thinks the "ultras" image is in any way cool shouldn't be allowed to run one.

This is exactly it.

Violence, breaking stadium rules just to be "cool" or "anti-authority" and, excessive swearing is not necessary to support a team (and trust me, I do not care if people swear).

Banners, flags, singing, supporting the growth of the game and, giving back to your community are ways to support.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I agree, though, that there's no call to ban supporters groups. They can be a great force for good, organizing a fanbase and raising money for charity. But anybody who thinks the "ultras" image is in any way cool shouldn't be allowed to run one.

This is exactly it.

Violence, breaking stadium rules just to be "cool" or "anti-authority" and, excessive swearing is not necessary to support a team (and trust me, I do not care if people swear).

Banners, flags, singing, supporting the growth of the game and, giving back to your community are ways to support.

I agree with you all on the "ultras" stance. Banners, flag waving, singing, chanting, supporting growth of the game and giving back to the community are always a way to support the community. The SG I am part of here in Victoria, we sing wave flags ancd banner and yes sometimes swear during matches but nothing more. Property damage isn't on the agenda sorry.

And that's exactly where I'd draw the line between supporters and ultras.

I don't think people in North America understand the whole ultras personna. They see it on TV from Italy, eastern European and South American countries thinking it's acceptable. It isn't by the least. European and South American FAs are clamping down on the ultras in those leagues. But in some instances, the ultras have a real pwoer stranglehold on certain clubs.

If they can't police their own groups they should be gone. Tell the urbanites to create their own traditions.

Bad groups should be gone, I agree, we are just saying that not all N. American groups are like that. In fact the violent ones are in the extreme minority.

Gothamite, don't give rams too much :censored: for the urbanite word. I was the one who stated it first because that is what I see in these SGs most of the time (met a lot of people in the 5 Points and a few in the NYCFC SG).

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

This is exactly it.

Absolutely.

Hell, the Batallion had 2,000 people last Saturday night. And one of the overwhelming responses I saw on Twitter from other fans?

"Can we get people down here to lead cheers, too?" I'm not convinced that soccer's going to stick long-term in this country without supporters groups that create an atmosphere. It's not a sport engrained in the culture and without the groups, yeah, a lot of people'll think matches are boring.

6fQjS3M.png

Supporter groups is what makes the atmosphere at the matches. Talking to players from Victoria Highlanders FC after matches, they said that hearing the signing, chanting and seeing the flags waving actually boosts their spirits and playing. Plus we have gotten alot of the hockey fans that come to matches (fans that just sit the entire match) standing up and signing with us. It spreads like wildfire...

Supporter groups is what makes the atmosphere at the matches. Talking to players from Victoria Highlanders FC after matches, they said that hearing the signing, chanting and seeing the flags waving actually boosts their spirits and playing. Plus we have gotten alot of the hockey fans that come to matches (fans that just sit the entire match) standing up and signing with us. It spreads like wildfire...

But do you need an organized group with a name to create that atmosphere?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Possibly. A lot of this stuff needs coordination.

BiRGKDBIYAA8nFl.jpg

I don't think anyone really opposes groups, just those more interested in mayhem than anything else.

At a certain point, yes.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

You don't need to be part of a SG to create an atmosphere at a match but when you have an organized group it becomes more coordinated and people take notice.

The SG I am part of here in Victoria

DBcm8Ta.jpg

Yes REALLY! :P

How is that any different from a student section at a college football or basketball game? In both cases, most of the individuals involved follow the rules. The few bad apples need to be weeded out but that's no reason to remove the whole bunch.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived