North American Pro Soccer 2014

DS729

I have a funny feeling the I-4 rivalry will be coming to an end for the time being between Tampa Bay and Orlando City. I fully support the whole supporter group culture and creating an atmosphere at matches (including tifo, chants, songs, a little pyro doesn't hurt when used correctly) but there are always thugs and losers in SG who just want to ruin it for everyone. And unfortunately, the few ruined it for the many in The Ruckus. I see The Ruckus getting many home and travelling bans because of this stupidity last night. Here's hoping Orlando City SC and the NASL are swift with this in their actions.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Traveling bans? Oh, it's cute when you get all faux-British.

There's really no such thing here. Hell, I'd be surprised if most teams could enforce a home ban.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Actually there are travelling bans in North American soccer. San Jose's Ultras 1906 had a two match travelling ban earlier this season. As well, they had a one match home ban. And yes, clubs could enforce a home ban if they wanted to.

Why the hatred toward using English football lingo?

As the president of a SG, albeit a brand-new one, the club could absolutely shut us out. They're reserving a section for us, they know who our members are (and which season-ticket accounts are associated with our members).

We've already been consulted on behavior and told what the league will and won't allow. None of this nonsense even came up; they have more faith in us than the OC groups apparently deserve.

I too am the president of an independent SG and I follow Gotham's sentiment. My club would absolutely shut us out. Yes we are in the USL PDL but that's not an excuse. Just like Gotham's situation, my club has given us an entire supporters group section, they know who are the members because we are the most vocal group and we make up a large amount of season ticket holders. I know we have an open dialogue with the FO and I have brought up suggestions with tifo, pyro, smoke bombs (light versions). We have the ear of the owner and general manager as well as the coaching staff. Hell the owner of the club comes into our section all the time to sing and support his club. They fully support us because we bring that amazing atmosphere to the matches. And the players on the pitch love the passion we bring for them. But we know that if we :censored: up, we could face being shut out of even disbanded by the club. That is something that I nor any other SG member here in Victoria lose.

I do consider myself an Orlando City fan, but yeah, I cannot stand our supporters groups. They cause crap wherever they go and I have a hard time thinking of a more entitled and dickish group than them.

Any SJ Earthquakes supporting group
Utter nonsense.

I do consider myself an Orlando City fan, but yeah, I cannot stand our supporters groups. They cause crap wherever they go and I have a hard time thinking of a more entitled and dickish group than them.

Utter nonsense.
Not nonsense to those who have seen it.

I wholeheartedly agree that Tampa - Orlando matches need to stop being scheduled. You're just inviting trouble. They have literally the only group who have ever trouble, why keep bringing them back?

Utter nonsense.

I wholeheartedly agree that Tampa - Orlando matches need to stop being scheduled. You're just inviting trouble. They have literally the only group who have ever trouble, why keep bringing them back?

I don't condone violence of any kind at sporting events but it is utter nonsense to label all Earthquakes supporter groups like dbadefense1990 did.

1906 Ultras are the only Earthquakes SG that have acted anything like The Ruckus. I agree with Dark Journey with zero violence at sporting events.

I believe dbaddefense1990 doesn't have the complete picture or grasp all that is going on in NA football

Utter nonsense.

I don't condone violence of any kind at sporting events but it is utter nonsense to label all Earthquakes supporter groups like dbadefense1990 did.

My apologies. I thought your "not nonsense" post I quoted was in reference to Orlando not being dicks, not to to SJ, whom I don't know enough about to comment on. Again, my mistake and my apologies.

How about this. If you put "Ultras" in the stationary, you're banned. Instantly.

There is no room in sports for the Ultra subculture.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Utter nonsense.

My apologies. I thought your "not nonsense" post I quoted was in reference to Orlando not being dicks, not to to SJ, whom I don't know enough about to comment on. Again, my mistake and my apologies.

No need to apologize. I kind of figured you thought I was talking about Orlando instead of San Jose. I was really steamed at dbadefense1990 for calling out all Earthqaukes supporter groups as thugs. Ultras 1906 are a stain on Earthquakes fans unfortunately.

The league will have to force Orlando City to rein in the morons.

As they should.

As someone who is excited about having an MLS team in my city next year, they better. It makes it really hard for me to root for this team sometimes. I know most OCSC fans are fine, but a few can spoil the whole bunch and I am sick of the attitude we have to deal with at the games. It's humiliating.

niagaraq.png

I know most OCSC fans are fine, but a few can spoil the whole bunch and I am sick of the attitude we have to deal with at the games. It's humiliating.

Most fans are fine. The issue is how those people (and especially the team) deal with the few bad ones.

If the team doesn't come down hard on these thugs, then OCSC will deserve their bad reputation.

Archived