North American Pro Soccer 2014

DS729

Wasn't this the entire plan with Cesar though? Loaning him out up until the World Cup and then recalling him for the start of QPR's next campaign was what I thought the plan was all along.

Yeah it was.

I always understood it was just a loan to keep his fitness up for the World Cup. Just so happens that Ryan Nelsen played with QPR and Cesar so he was given the inside track on that loan.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of teams are preparing to make moves before the transfer window closes on August 8th. It seems like FCD and the Galaxy are about to sign some players through the allocation process.

I could see Sacha Kljestan going to the Galaxy on a non-DP contract, but then why wouldn't Dallas or Columbus want to sign him? I doubt LA will acquire another DP since we probably won't sell Omar now.

Sounds like every MLS team has a major announcement coming tomorrow... I just saw Jermaine Jones linked to Chicago....

Really? That'd be something. And smart for the World Cup heroes to cash in on MLS DP contracts now if they can. The fire is hot now, the only sport besides baseball is NFL training camps, and ESPN is committed to broadcasting MLS games.

This is a really fun time to be following MLS.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

According to Soccer By Ives, the player that the Galaxy are looking to acquire is Sacha Kljestan. The move would be a six month loan, meaning he would not be regarded as a DP.

That's kind of funny considering he was the face of Chivas USA during the only time in that team's history when they were a threat to the Galaxy.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I'm going to the Sounders-Quakes game on Saturday, should be fun.

I'm very intrigued how an MLS game will look at the new Levi's Stadium. Heck, this game could be a benchmark in determining the livelity of Santa Clara eventually hosting a FIFA World Cup game.

“I don’t want to say names, but I got a call yesterday about a guy who wanted to specifically come to Columbus,” Berhalter said. “A big national team player, and I thought that was interesting. All of a sudden we’re getting calls where people are coming to us.”

“We can get anyone,” Berhalter said. “As long as ownership says let’s do it, we can get anyone. We’re in the position. We play good enough football that anyone would want to come play with us. I think that spot is very valuable to us for that reason. To say that we’re just a placeholder in that, that’s not true.”

The Crew have the top spot in the allocation order.

Should be a good viewing experience at Levi's Stadium, lets see if the supporters turn up in the numbers they are hoping.

They had 50,000 show up for Man City/Liverpool at Yankee Stadium last night.

Well of course 50,000 people are going to show up for a football matchup of two of the EPL's most storied teams in New York City (closer British hub to England than if the game were anywhere else in America). We're talking about Major League Soccer here. Yes, Seattle is involved but they're the road team. The game will be in California, a solid market in America for this football but not as closely-followed as the Cascadian region. It's a newly-opened stadium designed primarily for the NFL, so we're all skeptical to see if Earthquake and Sounder affiliates will pack the place for Saturday.

But it should be a good one to observe.

Archived