DScruggy729

North American Pro Soccer 2014

I really wouldn't mind if the Republic were to buy Chivas USA and moved them to Sacramento.

I know Garber is seemingly stubborn about keeping the team in LA but this wouldn't be a bad backup if that doesn't work.

These LA Galaxy posters are pretty special.

I'm excited to see what they come up with for the big upcoming Sounders match.

Unknown-648.jpeg

Maybe Colossus Donovan fights Godzilla, and the lizard uses the Space Needle as a weapon.

Indy's been doing that all season as well:

http://indyeleven.tumblr.com/post/97810716222/pictured-here-are-all-of-the-indy-eleven-game

http://indyeleven.tumblr.com/post/97811905952/pictured-here-are-all-of-the-indy-eleven-game

2 are mine, Means did one, andrewharrington is doing the next one against Minnesota. All others were by local Indy artists.

Amazing job on all the posters!

Indy's been doing that all season as well:

http://indyeleven.tumblr.com/post/97810716222/pictured-here-are-all-of-the-indy-eleven-game

http://indyeleven.tumblr.com/post/97811905952/pictured-here-are-all-of-the-indy-eleven-game

2 are mine, Means did one, andrewharrington is doing the next one against Minnesota. All others were by local Indy artists.

"Mike Ambersley: The Target" really sums up the Eleven's season, doesn't it? <_<

But also your Open Cup poster is still the best of the lot. Staring at it in my dorm room as we speak.

A red card to whom?

Given that the Cosmos supporters fight each other, I have no doubt they'd have issues with the other NY clubs.

I have never heard that happening, not even on r/mls who would at least have a thread on that kind of thing.

It happened at the Monday night game against Minnesota; we watched from the other end of the field as some cops literally scaled the wall to break it up. Talking to some of the Cross Island Crew while waiting for our train, it seems that they and La Banda aren't really on speaking terms. (From what I can tell, most of the aggression comes from the La Banda side, but I'm not very connected to the whole thing.)

"Mike Ambersley: The Target" really sums up the Eleven's season, doesn't it? <_<

:lol:

-----

In news that I'm not sure I entirely buy, ESPNFC reports that Minnesota United's Miguel Ibarra might be invited to the October USMNT camp.

Sigh, why doesn't the league just let them move to Sac, and give the new LA owners an expansion franchise in two years?

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014/9/29/6868929/chivas-usa-sale-final-hiatus

From various reports, there's an owner willing to pay $100 million to the league for it, but has to keep the team in LA, along with having a new stadium. Logical choice would be to do renovations to the Cal State Fullerton Stadium.

I still don't understand why anyone would do that. $100 million for JUST the team? They still need a new stadium and will still have to wait two full years to begin play. It seems like it would actually end up being on par with, or even cheaper than, just getting an expansion franchise.

#MoveThemToWinnipeg

I still don't understand why anyone would do that. $100 million for JUST the team? They still need a new stadium and will still have to wait two full years to begin play. It seems like it would actually end up being on par with, or even cheaper than, just getting an expansion franchise.

An expansion franchise in LA would almost certainly cost $100M. That was the fee for New York City.

An expansion franchise in LA would almost certainly cost $100M. That was the fee for New York City.

Yup. Plus you get a ready-made academy setup to go with it.

There's no value in Chivas USA, and I'm not convinced there's so much value in a second LA franchise.

The Galaxy have huge stars, are probably the best team in MLS, and are averaging 20,000 in a 27,000-person stadium. Short of adding David Beckham again, or maybe Messi, you can't have a better team than what they have now. Where are the people? Where's the support? What is justifying a second LA franchise?

I'm hoping Erick Torres ends up somewhere great, and in the Eastern Conference. Maybe Toronto? He's such a good player and I'm rooting for him. Dan Kennedy should get a run with a good team too; he's too good to have suffered with Chivas for as long as he has.

Yep. As much as they can be, the Galaxy are Los Angeles' soccer team. If you're an MLS fan in Los Angeles, you're a Galaxy fan.

Chivas is/has been nonexistent. They don't appeal to the Hispanic fan base like they wanted due to the previous Liga MX ties. The focus on the Hispanic fans drove away the other fans. And they've sucked for a good portion of time in the Galaxy's stadium. Rebooting them in a new stadium isn't going to change the soccer landscape in Los Angeles. Especially if they have to take two years off. You don't think the Galaxy will try hard to scoop up any unclaimed MLS fan in that time?

It's not even a NYCFC/Red Bulls situation or a Dodgers/Angels situation where the teams represent different areas or different anything. Building a stadium at Exposition park isn't going to change that. Unless they try moving to Fullerton like someone suggested (and cutting into the USL's OC Blues, who play at UC-Irvine) and market themselves to Orange County, they're going to be going after the same demos as the Galaxy (especially if they presumedly drop the Hispanic-centric marketing) and they aren't going to make a dent.

Just kill it and move it. It's not worth the effort.

Looks like Chivas isn't really being put on hiatus as we were originally told. They're folding them after this month and LA2 will be a completely new franchise when it begins play. Also they have their new ownership group which includes the Warriors/Dodgers part owners Peter Guber and Tan from Cardiff City.

http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-futbol/2014/09/30/chivas-usa-ownership-mls-vincent-tan-henry-nguyen-peter-guber-tom-penn-la

Vincent Tan is involved?

Oh, :censored: this. This can't end well.

Let's hope LA2 part deux doesn't go with the world football branding, no CD, no AC, no FC, no AFC, no United.

I still say they should tap into the Southern Cal car culture and go with a car name.