Crusaders Cagliari logos redesign, opinions

BAT-77

Hello, indeed ciao, my name is Battista and i'm italian are a big fan of graphics and football. Sorry for my bad english, and if there are errors depend on google traslator ;-).
My old football team asked me to redesign their logo, I'd get some of your opinions.
Thank you very much.
old logo

8fku.jpg
new logo

1lf6.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Put the Cagliari on top of the sword (overlapping, so not within the sword) and stretch it so it fits between the middle of the S and the middle of the R of CRUSADERS. Also, I would put the C of your wordmark design (including the black outline) on his heart instead of the extra cross (the helmet already has one). I know the Templars wore a Maltese cross on their chest but three crosses in one logo is a bit too much, I think. Otherwise it is a great update of a very nice logo! Forza Cagliari!

Thanks for the advice and impressions.

I want to share the mark by the logotype.

We propose three different version of the cross and the addition of chain mail.

I enclose also the test with the "C" in the chest, but it seems to me that deviates too much from the old mark that I want to remember as much as possible.

Comments?

1d8d.jpg

mmcb.jpg

This is already an improvement from the original, but I think it could be even better.

The helmet looks a bit wonky. It doesn't appear to be round at the top, and the lines don't really line up as well as they could with the nose piece. I also think that the "sideburn" part of the helmet should come up a bit more to cover more of the cheek. Right now it seems like the helmet is too big/heavy, and is tilting forward on his head because of where these "sideburn" parts are landing.

There are a lot of thin lines in this illustration. I would take the time and re-trace some of the lines. There should be more line width variation throughout. Too many lines that stay the same width, and some lines are just a bit wonky.

The lines on the neck look out of place, like they were just made with a round brush. Make those pointier.

You should be free tracing all of your outlines with the pen tool rather than using strokes. Tracing them gives you much more control over line width.

The ball also looks a bit like clip art. Doesn't match the style of the rest of the logo. Perhaps make the ball more stylized.

Excited to see where this can go.

Picture21.png

This is already an improvement from the original, but I think it could be even better.

The helmet looks a bit wonky. It doesn't appear to be round at the top, and the lines don't really line up as well as they could with the nose piece. I also think that the "sideburn" part of the helmet should come up a bit more to cover more of the cheek. Right now it seems like the helmet is too big/heavy, and is tilting forward on his head because of where these "sideburn" parts are landing.

There are a lot of thin lines in this illustration. I would take the time and re-trace some of the lines. There should be more line width variation throughout. Too many lines that stay the same width, and some lines are just a bit wonky.

The lines on the neck look out of place, like they were just made with a round brush. Make those pointier.

You should be free tracing all of your outlines with the pen tool rather than using strokes. Tracing them gives you much more control over line width.

The ball also looks a bit like clip art. Doesn't match the style of the rest of the logo. Perhaps make the ball more stylized.

Excited to see where this can go.

thanks for the advice precise and careful. Definitely will draw back the marks on his neck and try to align the lines. But the helmet should be as similar as possible to the old man to have continuity with the old logo, but it will draw better.

I've got a weird suggestion: Is there any striping on the teams helmet? If so, try to mimic that striping on the helmet, because right now you have a great idea with the stripes, but they look kinda plain.

The strips were present in the old mark and I wanted to put in the new.

Hi guys, newbie here. I'm a friend of OP Battista and I'm trying to help him with his logo. Here's my try:

WWm6fcx.png

I know it's different from the original one, but I'm trying something different...

C&C always welcome!

Hi guys, newbie here. I'm a friend of OP Battista and I'm trying to help him with his logo. Here's my try:

WWm6fcx.png

I know it's different from the original one, but I'm trying something different...

C&C always welcome!

Interestingly, a little thin but interesting. I try to do a mix of the two marks. ;)

Archived