Minimalist Players - NFL Playoffs being done

OlavoP

I havent posted anything on a really long time so I decided to start a new topic here. I've been doing those minimalist arts (mostly on soccer) for a long time and decided to open a thread to show my work. Since this is a mostrly american forum, I decided to start doing some QB's from the NFL, precisely the ones that currently classified to the playoffs, on the order of the games.

Following that order we have the first game to be played, KC Chiefs x Indianapolis Colts, or Alex Smith x Andrew Luck

2h7qek5.png

31647ja.png

PS: There is a lot of small details to be fixed, and those will be fixed when I finish everything. If you find any, fell free to point it out

I like the idea and can't wait to see one for the Seahawks, but I think these are more pseudo-minimalist than anything. They've got brand logos, patches, all the relevant uniform elements. I'd be interested in seeing something more radically minimalist. For what your concept is, I appreciate it, although for the Chiefs one why is the red background not the same color as the uniform's red? The whole object blending into background is what makes these kinds of things work for me, like with your Colts one.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Thanks for the compliments. And yes, I know this isn't exact minimalism, but I just didn't knew how to call it.

About the Chiefs one, I thought that the same red looked bad, but I don't know, trying it with the logo on the helmet and the stripes on the pants it didn't looked bad at all. What do you think?

http://prntscr.com/2fsbb8

I understand your anxieties since we're dealing with the Chiefs primary color vs. the Colts having all that white to balance the blue in your image, but I think the Chiefs version with the same red as the background looks better and pulls off that pseudo-minimalist feel more

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I guess Nike would love to produce t-shirts with these images on it. They look very nice.

I actually plan doing one Super Bowl myself, the thing is I'm brazilian, I live in Brazil and I'll be in NYC on the game week, so I just don't know how to since I wont't be home and won't know the teams that will play on it

I guess Nike would love to produce t-shirts with these images on it. They look very nice.

They already are:

http://m.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/player-silhouette-seahawks-marshawn-lynch-t-shirt/pid-925569/pgid-931996

I had never seen those before, it is quite frustating honestly. Anyway work goes on, Drew Brees should be out today

i think it's a great idea but you need to be more minimal about it. where you are using 2 different gold in the Brees version or 2 different reds in Smith, you should only use 1 color. i also suggest removing the NFL logos and special patches on the uniform and the team/playoff logos from the corners of the page. unless you use them at a much smaller scale. and dont put them right on the edge of the page, thats horrible! tangents!

your line work needs to be more precise too. not sure what program you are using but try harder to get clean, smooth lines.

adjust your palette for more contrast. Brees's flesh tone is blending too much with the background and Luck's face mask isnt gray enough

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i think it's a great idea but you need to be more minimal about it. where you are using 2 different gold in the Brees version or 2 different reds in Smith, you should only use 1 color. i also suggest removing the NFL logos and special patches on the uniform and the team/playoff logos from the corners of the page. unless you use them at a much smaller scale. and dont put them right on the edge of the page, thats horrible! tangents!

your line work needs to be more precise too. not sure what program you are using but try harder to get clean, smooth lines.

adjust your palette for more contrast. Brees's flesh tone is blending too much with the background and Luck's face mask isnt gray enough

Don't listen to this guy. I like the use of the two different reds and the two different golds. It shows the reality that is the NFL. The colors never match perfect on the helmets with the cleats or the jerseys with the helmets. It works just fine and your line work looks just fine.

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

Great work. Waiting for Aaron Rodgers version :)

E daí se a Nike já fez ?? Vai fazendo... E, pelo que eu já vi do tranalho, eu compraria a do Rodgers, mesmo sem ter visto.. E por no mínimo Cinquentão ( o q p/ mim é muita grana... )

( Eu estou com preguiça de ler o tópico todo... Vc faria , caso aparecesse um pedido ou outro, de outros jogadores ?? )

( PS : BR HUE BR ... No..... )

KbC0Lt6.png

Let's answer everyone

The idea it's not to be extremely and religiously minimal, but I just had no name to call it. Chiefs 2 tones will be fixed but the Saints one really had to be there, and it's only on the foot, It would look really weird without it. The logos on the uniform and patches are there because they really are there, altough I really liked how Brees looked with just the front number and the NFL logo with the bg color. About the logos on the corner, I dont't know why you want me to get rid of them but I won't because it supose to look like an poster or something like dat, it just looks good to me. About colors and lines, I will fresh all images up when I finish the playoffs, I'm posting to get feedback just like the one you just gave. Thanks for your opinions.

Don't listen to this guy. I like the use of the two different reds and the two different golds. It shows the reality that is the NFL. The colors never match perfect on the helmets with the cleats or the jerseys with the helmets. It works just fine and your line work looks just fine.

I have to, because It's good to listen others feedback on your work to improve it. Thanks for the compliments.

Great art! love the colors blending in with the minimalist. After the playoffs, do you think you could do the rest?

Great art! love the colors blending in with the minimalist. After the playoffs, do you think you could do the rest?

Yeah we'd love to get a Falcons one haha

As a Bucs fan, I shure wil, hahaha.

Glad you guys like it

Let's go Colts!

:)

I'd go with a gold background on the Chiefs... or perhaps a silver one.

With the photo I used I though that the red did better. I'll see what I will do with that one when I start to fresh things up. Thanks.

Great work. Waiting for Aaron Rodgers version :)

E daí se a Nike já fez ?? Vai fazendo... E, pelo que eu já vi do tranalho, eu compraria a do Rodgers, mesmo sem ter visto.. E por no mínimo Cinquentão ( o q p/ mim é muita grana... )

( Eu estou com preguiça de ler o tópico todo... Vc faria , caso aparecesse um pedido ou outro, de outros jogadores ?? )

( PS : BR HUE BR ... No..... )

Não vou parar porque a Nike fez, como dito no facebook, a FM é melhor que a Nike, kkk. E sim, aceito pedidos mas meu foco é acabar os playoffs, e vou ainda dar um tapa nas imagens pra deixar mais "smooth". E valeu mano, tu sabe que um elogio desses vindo de tu é sempre muito bem vindo.
(PS: Brasil >>>)

That's it, now back to the Eagles

Archived