Immaculate NFL Helmet Redesigns

Immaculate

I have been working for a few weeks to figure out how to use Inkscape and how to work with templates and whatnot. I had a lot of trouble with putting logos in, but a helpful fellow by the name of bkknight95 has been sending me some logos to use. (The ones i found on the internet were either not svgs or un-openable in Inkscape) So, i have begun a series of some helmets from the NFL and possibly some time in the future i may even go as far as uniforms. (What's holding me back on that is the template i downloaded freezes up my Inkscape or makes it awfully slow so it's just helmets for the time being)

p3h1.png

For the bills i wanted to keep the red helmets because i thought they looked neat. I decided to make the line coming across the logo to be white as a bit of a chance from the past. I tried making a white outline to ease the transition between the blue and the red, but it didn't look right in the horn area, so i scrapped it.

owdx.png

With the browns helmet there's not a ton you can do, and i wanted to keep the logo-lessness as per tradition. As with any redesign, the inclusion of some new idea was necessary, and i went with a cream colored facemask because somewhere on these forums i saw a brilliant concept for the Browns that included Cream as a major color.

xxvg.png

From a young age i remember really liking the color of the Cowboys' pants. That shade of metallic blue was incredible and i wanted to make it more prominent in this redesign by adding it to the helmet shell.

tt5z.png

When the dolphins unveiled their new logo and uniforms i was blown away. They really have a well-designed logo but to me it seemed a little dark so i wanted to brighten up the teal a bit. (after all their jerseys look really bright, but that may just be the lighting in the stadiums) Here's the dilemma: If i make both shades of teal light, the helmet looks way too bright. If i make them both darker, it looks very unexciting and looks too much like the old dolphins' colors. If i make the shades both different, it seems like they are way too far apart. What should i do to get the shades to look pleasing?

imtm.png

Jacksonville is in my opinion, my best work by far. Again, i was inspired by someone else on the forums who changed the Jaguars teal to kelly green. I also reverted to this older logo because i think it looks more intimidating. (The presence of too much white on the new one doesn't look great) I think this is much better than the poorly designed gradient helmet they have now.

I have a few more to post that i am still tinkering with, stay tuned. Also feel free to make suggestions on changes for the completed designs. I like them all, but if you have a good idea, i'll try to take a look at it in Inkscape and see if the adjustment looks good.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love your color switch on the bills, whites good too, but the red is always great. I would agree with the white on the browns, cowboys and dolphins aren't hugely different and that's ok. I would suggest maybe trying a teal helmet for the jags. Someone should try it, instead of black.

Here are a few thoughts:

Bills-Some people may have a bit of trouble seeing the logo or the logo may "jump" for those who may be colorblind. I'd bring the white outline around the logo back.

Browns-The helmet alone is good but you'd have to make the numbers on the brown jerseys cream and make the road jerseys cream to make it work with the rest of the uniform.

Cowboys-The change to the blue-silver is great! However, I prefer the silver facemasks or maybe blue ones instead of the white you have.

Dolphins-I really like the return of the aqua facemask (the Dolphins switched them to white when they changed uniforms). As for your question, go ahead and match whatever aqua is on the uniform.

Jaguars-The old logo may be more intimidating, but kelly green isn't. Make the helmet solid black or go back to that subtle black/teal gradient the old helmets had.

Bills-needs the white outline

Cowboys-grey face mask or silver-blue

Dolphins-great as is but all of these need the stripes.

Jaguars-not digging the old logo on Kelly Green so much(but that could also be due to my severe dislike of the Riddell helmets)....maybe Hunter Green and a Vegas Gold mask.

Browns-also great as is but needing the stripe....the white wouldn't necessarily have to completely disappear from the unis though. I'd hope by this time that the team and fans could agree on a helmet logo.

Elijah mentioned a Pats helmet....I'd like to see them flip the switch and go to either red or blue helmets without the Flying Elvis logo.

Wow thank you for all of the feedback! I will be turning the first page into sort of a "gallery" that has all of the up-to-date redesigns for each team on it.

Also, regarding the stripes, the side view i had chosen makes it difficult to accurately portray striping. If and when i move on to full uniform concepts, i will certainly include a front view to show the stripes for the helmets. Also, two things before i dive into the updates: 1. Are the images too big? I am considering posting the helmets with a smaller size so those with slower browsers do not have trouble loading the image heavy posts. Let me know if i should post the helmets smaller. 2. Feel free to let me know which team you want to see next. I have recently received many logos from bkknight95 so i can do any team at this point. (That wasn't the case for the last few weeks, i was only able to do the simplest logos that can be converted through the trace bitmap tool in inkscape.

Here are the changes i made to each helmet:

zouq.png

As requested, i included the outline and i have to say it looks better and easier on the eyes. I think before this when i initially tried the outline before i made the thread, i was making it too thick and it looked cartoonish. I think the thinner outline looks pretty good.

0tkr.png

I went ahead and made the facemask white and moved the cream to the little plastic parts on the rear and underneath where the facemask screws onto the helmet. For those of you wondering if a logo will be included on the helmet, it will be a no. However, if i do uniform concepts, I'll include the logo separate from the helmet and it will likely be a cream version of the browns "football" logo with the B in the center.

ibon.png

Dallas remained unchanged.

4wdj.png

Althouth the feedback for Miami was generally in agreement that it looks good, i changed the facemask to the brighter shade of aqua. I think it looks more vibrant.

x8jl.png

I agree with everyone else, the kelly green is not the right fit. I changed their helmet to teal although this is a bit different from their traditional teal. This design is by no means finished. I have a lot of ideas i'm going to play around with for jacksonville which could be: white facemask, black facemask, red eyes, grey helmet and teal facemask combo, darker shade of teal, maybe throwing in some orange/red orange as a secondary color if i decide to make full uniform concepts.

As i said before, feel free to suggest which team i do next, if you want to see one of your favorites or you're dying to see a fresher version of a certain team, let me know in the comments.

Bills : Good ...
Browns : Good...
Cowboys : Good, but I really like the Road "combo" , and a "Silver Green" helmet would ruin it, especially if the pants were changed from silver to SG ...
Dolphins : Another good one...
Jags : Looks great, but in my opinion, it would look better with a black facemask ...

KbC0Lt6.png

Wow thank you for all of the feedback! I will be turning the first page into sort of a "gallery" that has all of the up-to-date redesigns for each team on it.

Also, regarding the stripes, the side view i had chosen makes it difficult to accurately portray striping. If and when i move on to full uniform concepts, i will certainly include a front view to show the stripes for the helmets. Also, two things before i dive into the updates: 1. Are the images too big? I am considering posting the helmets with a smaller size so those with slower browsers do not have trouble loading the image heavy posts. Let me know if i should post the helmets smaller. 2. Feel free to let me know which team you want to see next. I have recently received many logos from bkknight95 so i can do any team at this point. (That wasn't the case for the last few weeks, i was only able to do the simplest logos that can be converted through the trace bitmap tool in inkscape.

Here are the changes i made to each helmet:

As requested, i included the outline and i have to say it looks better and easier on the eyes. I think before this when i initially tried the outline before i made the thread, i was making it too thick and it looked cartoonish. I think the thinner outline looks pretty good.

I went ahead and made the facemask white and moved the cream to the little plastic parts on the rear and underneath where the facemask screws onto the helmet. For those of you wondering if a logo will be included on the helmet, it will be a no. However, if i do uniform concepts, I'll include the logo separate from the helmet and it will likely be a cream version of the browns "football" logo with the B in the center.

Dallas remained unchanged.

Althouth the feedback for Miami was generally in agreement that it looks good, i changed the facemask to the brighter shade of aqua. I think it looks more vibrant.

x8jl.png

I agree with everyone else, the kelly green is not the right fit. I changed their helmet to teal although this is a bit different from their traditional teal. This design is by no means finished. I have a lot of ideas i'm going to play around with for jacksonville which could be: white facemask, black facemask, red eyes, grey helmet and teal facemask combo, darker shade of teal, maybe throwing in some orange/red orange as a secondary color if i decide to make full uniform concepts.

As i said before, feel free to suggest which team i do next, if you want to see one of your favorites or you're dying to see a fresher version of a certain team, let me know in the comments.

The more I look at this the more I like it. Teal and gold was a huge improvement over kelly green and gold. That looked like something that could have come from the old WLAF. The teal looks more like the Jaguars.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Ok so here is the deal for this moving forward

I will eventually move on to full uniform concepts once i find a template that i like.

But for the time being, i will be making 2 variations of each helmet, and posting them to be "voted" on. They may vary as little as just a facemask change or as much as a whole new color combination.

Bills

gxfi.png

vs

qbms.png

(I fixed the outlines for the first bills concept and i am i love with what i did, it just looks so clean and brilliant. For the second one, i was just messing around with different color schemes and this one sort of has elements of the past with the red buffalo from their earlier logo.)

Browns

1tne.png

vs

367t.png

(For the first one, i went back to the white facemask and included just a few hints of cream. For the second one, the cream became much more dominant, and much to traditional browns uniform fans, a logo has found it's way on the helmet as well.I'm not sure about this one yet.)

More coming up soon! Let me know which you think is better of each pair. Instead of making just a minor tweak between the two, i try to have a different identity along with each one.

Archived