rvrdgsfn

Bumping for the schedule & a bit of a shocker this week...

First off the 2015 schedule....

1. March 5 – Australia
  2. March 29 – Malaysia
  3. April 5 – Bahrain
  4. April 19 – China
  5. May 10 – Spain
  6. May 24 – Monaco
  7. June 7 – Canada
  8. June 21 – Austria
  9. July 5 – Britain
  10. July 19 – Germany
  11. July 26 – Hungary
  12. August 23 – Belgium
  13. September 6 – Italy
  14. Sept. 20 – Singapore
  15. Sept. 27 – Japan
  16. October 11 – Russia
  17. Oct. 25 – United States
  18. November 1 – Mexico
  19. Nov. 15 – Brazil
  20. Nov. 29 – Abu Dhabi

Then of course, the big news from this week, Luca has said arrevadanci...

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/09/10/montezemolo-a-warm-farewell-this-is-the-end-of-an-era/

Luca di Montezemolo has ended the intense speculation about his future by announcing his departure as Ferrari’s long-time president.

In a media statement on Wednesday, the 67-year-old said it is the “end of an era” for Ferrari ahead of the floatation of the Fiat-Chrysler group in New York.

Montezemolo said: “This is the end of an era and so I have decided to leave my position as Chairman after almost 23 marvellous and unforgettable years in addition to those spent at Enzo Ferrari’s side in the 1970s,” said di Montezemolo.

“My thanks, first and foremost, to the exceptional Ferrari women and men from the factory, the offices, the race tracks and the markets across the world. They were the real architects of the company’s spectacular growth, its many unforgettable victories and its transformation into one of the world’s strongest brands.

Side note, in case anyone was interested, Formula E starts up this week.

baltimoreravens.png

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumping for the schedule & a bit of a shocker this week...

First off the 2015 schedule....

1. March 5 – Australia
  2. March 29 – Malaysia
  3. April 5 – Bahrain
  4. April 19 – China
  5. May 10 – Spain
  6. May 24 – Monaco
  7. June 7 – Canada
  8. June 21 – Austria
  9. July 5 – Britain
  10. July 19 – Germany
  11. July 26 – Hungary
  12. August 23 – Belgium
  13. September 6 – Italy
  14. Sept. 20 – Singapore
  15. Sept. 27 – Japan
  16. October 11 – Russia
  17. Oct. 25 – United States
  18. November 1 – Mexico
  19. Nov. 15 – Brazil
  20. Nov. 29 – Abu Dhabi

Then of course, the big news from this week, Luca has said arrevadanci...

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/09/10/montezemolo-a-warm-farewell-this-is-the-end-of-an-era/

Luca di Montezemolo has ended the intense speculation about his future by announcing his departure as Ferrari’s long-time president.

In a media statement on Wednesday, the 67-year-old said it is the “end of an era” for Ferrari ahead of the floatation of the Fiat-Chrysler group in New York.

Montezemolo said: “This is the end of an era and so I have decided to leave my position as Chairman after almost 23 marvellous and unforgettable years in addition to those spent at Enzo Ferrari’s side in the 1970s,” said di Montezemolo.

“My thanks, first and foremost, to the exceptional Ferrari women and men from the factory, the offices, the race tracks and the markets across the world. They were the real architects of the company’s spectacular growth, its many unforgettable victories and its transformation into one of the world’s strongest brands.

Side note, in case anyone was interested, Formula E starts up this week.

The 2015 schedule is basically the same, but it's great to see Mexico back on the schedule. Mexico has always done a great job in the past with hosting and the new track is suppose to take place through a street circuit style track. And Korea gets the boot for another season, which is a shame because it was a nicely combined technical and speed track.

As for Montezemolo leaving Ferrari, that definitely is an end of an era for the Italian giants. Which is a shame but hopefully sometime in the near future The Prancing Horse will be top of the F1 charts again.

Talking about Formula E, here is the results from Round 1 Beijing ePrix which ran today.

1. Lucas di Grassi (BRA)

2. Frank Montagny (FRA)

3. Sam Bird (GBR)

4. Charles Pic (FRA)

5. Karun Chandhok (IND)

6. Jerome d'Ambrosio (BEL)

7. Oriol Servia (ESP)

8. Nelson Piquet (BRA)

9. Stephane Sarrazin (FRA)

10. Daniel Abt (GER)

Huge accident in the final turn between Nick Heidfeld and Nico Prost. This series is full of previous and experienced F1 drivers (Takuma Sato, Charles Pic, Nelson Piquet, Jerome d'Ambrosio, Oriol Servia, Sebastien Buemi, Karun Chandhok, Bruno Senna, Jarno Trulli, Nick Heidfeld, and Jaime Alguersuari), and have two female drivers Michela Cerruti and Katherine Legge. And from this first race, this will be an entertaining series for sure.

Full Race

Highlights

http://youtu.be/D2y1hFuGDD8

Next up Putrajaya ePrix in Malaysia in 69 days.

http://www.fiaformulae.com/

Results from Singapore:

1. Hamilton (got the points lead with the win)

2. Vettel

3. Ricciardo

4. Alonso

5. Massa

6. Vergne

7. Perez

8. Raikkonen

9. Hulkenberg

10. Magnussen

It was a rough day for Rosberg, Button & both Sauber cars. With the win, Hamilton has a 3 point lead ahead of his teammate. Up next is one of my other favorite tracks, Japan! Although, it seems Honda has a motive for Japan as well...

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/09/21/honda-plan-alonso-charm-offensive-at-suzuka/

Even in the midst of Fernando Alonso’s anger and warnings, reports about his future just will not go away and it appears that Honda are still determined to lure the Spaniard to McLaren.

Speaking with foreign-language reporters on the eve of the Singapore Grand Prix weekend, the Spaniard flew into a rage when faced with the latest wild speculation about his impending Ferrari exit.

Hinting that the leaks are coming from within Maranello, Alonso had said on Thursday: “If I do say something, I will do it in a few weeks time and somebody will not like what it is.”

Still, the reports keep coming.

The latest are being heard from the Japanese corners of the paddock, just two weeks ahead of the country’s own Grand Prix at Suzuka.

Suzuka, of course, is owned by the Japanese manufacturer Honda, who have been repeatedly linked with a big-money effort to sign Alonso to McLaren for 2015 as the highly-anticipated works Formula 1 collaboration kicks off.

Speed Week reports that Japanese sources are saying Honda is prepared to ‘move mountains’ behind the scenes at Suzuka early next month to convince Alonso to leave Ferrari.

The report said Honda is apparently fully prepared to buy out the remainder of his lucrative Ferrari contract to make it happen.

It never ends does it?

baltimoreravens.png

Results from Singapore:

1. Hamilton (got the points lead with the win)

2. Vettel

3. Ricciardo

4. Alonso

5. Massa

6. Vergne

7. Perez

8. Raikkonen

9. Hulkenberg

10. Magnussen

It was a rough day for Rosberg, Button & both Sauber cars. With the win, Hamilton has a 3 point lead ahead of his teammate. Up next is one of my other favorite tracks, Japan! Although, it seems Honda has a motive for Japan as well...

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/09/21/honda-plan-alonso-charm-offensive-at-suzuka/

Even in the midst of Fernando Alonso’s anger and warnings, reports about his future just will not go away and it appears that Honda are still determined to lure the Spaniard to McLaren.

Speaking with foreign-language reporters on the eve of the Singapore Grand Prix weekend, the Spaniard flew into a rage when faced with the latest wild speculation about his impending Ferrari exit.

Hinting that the leaks are coming from within Maranello, Alonso had said on Thursday: “If I do say something, I will do it in a few weeks time and somebody will not like what it is.”

Still, the reports keep coming.

The latest are being heard from the Japanese corners of the paddock, just two weeks ahead of the country’s own Grand Prix at Suzuka.

Suzuka, of course, is owned by the Japanese manufacturer Honda, who have been repeatedly linked with a big-money effort to sign Alonso to McLaren for 2015 as the highly-anticipated works Formula 1 collaboration kicks off.

Speed Week reports that Japanese sources are saying Honda is prepared to ‘move mountains’ behind the scenes at Suzuka early next month to convince Alonso to leave Ferrari.

The report said Honda is apparently fully prepared to buy out the remainder of his lucrative Ferrari contract to make it happen.

It never ends does it?

I feel really bad for Rosberg in having reliability issues today and having giving up his 29 point lead in just two races. The German looked distraught and somewhat broken when he got out of his car in the Mercedes garage. Though it was nice to see Wolfe come over and give him some encouragement, trying to him up. Mercedes has two weeks to fix that electronic problem that has been creeping in and out of both cars the last three races. Was hoping for a little more out of Alonso today, maybe making it at least on the podium, especially after Ricciardo was struggling in the last third of the race with electronic issues as well.

I too am a fan of Suzuka, beautiful track layout and highly competitive track. Plus the fan turnout is massive. The Japanese love their F1 racing!

As for Alonso, I do see his contract getting bought out by Honda and going back to McLaren for the remainder of his F1 career. Though I don't know if McLaren would be a good fit for him. I believe he could still win world titles and being at the current team structure of McLaren might not let him express his true capabilities. Agreed Ferrari hasn't put a dominant car, let alone a car that can keep up with the top contenders, out in a number of years. But Alonso loves the Italian car giant. I think it will take a lot for him to leave his second home. I guess time will tell and if any announcement does come out about the proposed move to McLaren, it would be in two weeks.

With the paddock descending on Suzuka this weekend, Mercedes' Nico Rosberg's retirement from the Singapore Grand Prix was finally determined by their Brackley factory staff. It was caused by a freak substance contamination creating an electronics short circuit in his car.

"That intense forensic investigation revealed that the steering column electronics were contaminated with an unspecified foreign substance that is used during pre-event servicing procedures. The presence of the substance went undetected throughout the Singapore GP weekend and there had been no hint of any problems prior to Rosberg sitting in the car shortly before the start of the race. However, once the problem struck it produced an intermittent short circuit that meant Rosberg could not control the clutch or change engine settings...Mercedes is taking no risks from now on, however, and has elected to use completely fresh parts for the final five races of the season" In the end, Mercedes on Saturday ruled out foul play after completing investigation.

Strange to say the least... https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/formula-1-servicing-substance-stopped-rosberg-185137027--f1.html

Some news coming out the UK, David Brabham, son of Australian Sir Jack Brabham, targets Formula 1 as name returns to racing. The Brabham name will return to motorsport in 2015 and could feature in Formula 1 again in the future through open source funding by fans buying stakes in the team. Of course this is just speculation to them returning to F1 but they are competing in the World Endurance Championship next year.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/motorsport/29359694

I wouldn't be surprised, I think it will be an Alonso/Button team...

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/09/29/silly-season-alonso-to-mclaren-looks-a-done-deal/

In terms of feverish speculation about his future in Formula 1, the past week has been arguably the most intense in Fernando Alonso’s entire career and all indications are that he is heading out of Maranello with Woking being his likely destination.

Throughout the world of respected, influential and authoritative Formula 1 media sources, there have been countless reports but one obvious conclusion: the Spaniard’s future at Ferrari is in serious doubt.

Corriere dello Sport reports that Alonso looks set to move to Honda-powered McLaren next year with a pay-rise, following a reported announcement this week at the Japanese marque’s very own Suzuka circuit. Some, however, cannot believe the 33-year-old will actually reunite with Ron Dennis, where at Woking in 2007 the pair clashed spectacularly. But even Alonso’s career-long mentor Flavio Briatore has now told Auto Bild: “At McLaren it was not a perfect combination. But you never know – people can change.”

Indeed, it appears McLaren’s attitude may already have changed. In the past few days, McLaren has added a driver to the ‘heritage’ section of its official website that has never been featured or even mentioned before: Alonso.

It reads: “When the history books are written, Alonso’s name will be writ large as one of the sport’s all-time greats.”

So who thinks Das Wunderkid will go to Ferrari now?

baltimoreravens.png

I wouldn't be surprised, I think it will be an Alonso/Button team...

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/09/29/silly-season-alonso-to-mclaren-looks-a-done-deal/

In terms of feverish speculation about his future in Formula 1, the past week has been arguably the most intense in Fernando Alonso’s entire career and all indications are that he is heading out of Maranello with Woking being his likely destination.

Throughout the world of respected, influential and authoritative Formula 1 media sources, there have been countless reports but one obvious conclusion: the Spaniard’s future at Ferrari is in serious doubt.

Corriere dello Sport reports that Alonso looks set to move to Honda-powered McLaren next year with a pay-rise, following a reported announcement this week at the Japanese marque’s very own Suzuka circuit. Some, however, cannot believe the 33-year-old will actually reunite with Ron Dennis, where at Woking in 2007 the pair clashed spectacularly. But even Alonso’s career-long mentor Flavio Briatore has now told Auto Bild: “At McLaren it was not a perfect combination. But you never know – people can change.”

Indeed, it appears McLaren’s attitude may already have changed. In the past few days, McLaren has added a driver to the ‘heritage’ section of its official website that has never been featured or even mentioned before: Alonso.

It reads: “When the history books are written, Alonso’s name will be writ large as one of the sport’s all-time greats.”

So who thinks Das Wunderkid will go to Ferrari now?

From all that is being speculated, especially from the top writers in the F1 world, I can definitely see McLaren being in the 2015 onwards future for Alonso. Even more likely that he will retire from the sport at the Woking group. As for Das Winderkid moving to the Maranello group, that is a definitely a possibility. It all depends on the remaining 2014 season and how the points (as well as reliability issues) continue to roll his way or not. I do see some major shakeups at F1 teams before the start of the 2015 season. But shakeup is good for the sport.

Vettel has been quoted to say he wants to drive for Ferrari during his career plus he wanted to work with Kimi, so I think it'll happen.

Meanwhile in IndyCar...

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/109146-indycar-penske-confirms-pagenaud-for-2015

Team Penske announced today that, as exclusively predicted by RACER earlier this month, Frenchman Simon Pagenaud will join its ranks beginning with the 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series season.

The 30-year-old Pagenaud is a four-time race winner in the Verizon IndyCar Series and was one of the most sought-after talents in open-wheel racing this off-season. Under the terms of a multi-year agreement with Team Penske, Pagenaud will drive a Team Penske Dallara-Chevrolet beginning next season. With today's announcement, the most successful program in the history of North American open-wheel racing will field a formidable four-car lineup moving forward.

This is a huge deal for Penske

baltimoreravens.png

So, Suzuka this weekend for F1:

Best case scenario: Very wet weekend ending with a very wet race.

Worst case scenario: Race called off due to Typhoon Phanfone.

Going to be interesting for sure.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

So, Suzuka this weekend for F1:

Best case scenario: Very wet weekend ending with a very wet race.

Worst case scenario: Race called off due to Typhoon Phanfone.

Going to be interesting for sure.

Here's a link to the weather forecast for the next three days in Suzuka.

http://m.accuweather.com/en/jp/suzuka-shi/218916/weather-forecast/218916

As for the weekend, I think the typhoons will definitely suspend the race. Safety first I waoild say FIA and FOM would side on caution. But we will find out on Sunday.

BREAKING & A HUGE BOMBSHELL!!!!

http://www.infiniti-redbullracing.com/article/new-team-driver-line-2015

Sebastian Vettel has advised us that he will be leaving Infiniti Red Bull Racing at the end of the 2014 season.

We want to warmly thank Sebastian for the incredible role he has played at Infiniti Red Bull Racing for the last six years.

We're pleased to announce that Daniel will be joined in the team for 2015 by another rising star from the Junior Programme, Daniil Kvyat.

Either McLaren or Ferrari now.

baltimoreravens.png

BREAKING & A HUGE BOMBSHELL!!!!

http://www.infiniti-redbullracing.com/article/new-team-driver-line-2015

Sebastian Vettel has advised us that he will be leaving Infiniti Red Bull Racing at the end of the 2014 season.

We want to warmly thank Sebastian for the incredible role he has played at Infiniti Red Bull Racing for the last six years.

We're pleased to announce that Daniel will be joined in the team for 2015 by another rising star from the Junior Programme, Daniil Kvyat.

Either McLaren or Ferrari now.

I have a funny feeling that Vettel will be wearing red next season and having the Prancing Horse on his race coveralls. Just a prediction I made when all the rumors on Vettel was swarming. Kvyatt huh?

So it was just released as a report two hours ago, Vettel is to replace Alonso at Ferrari and Alonso to McLaren-Honda in 2015.

http://www.thescore.com/formula1/news/595430

The BBC's Andrew Benson broke the story stating that:

Alonso's decision to leave Ferrari has come because the double world champion has lost faith in Ferrari's ability to deliver him a title-winning car and believes McLaren and new engine partner Honda are a better bet. The deal is reportedly done between Alonso and McLaren. As well, Ferrari has had a long-standing agreement with the German that he would join them when he leaves Red Bull, who brought Vettel into F1 and took him to four world titles from 2010-13.

With Alonso joining McLaren-Honda, that would mean either Button or Magnussen would have to find another ride next season. Benson says that that all fingers are pointing toward a Button exit due to Magnussen out pacing and scoring the previous British World Champion.

Oh the complex merry go-round of Formula One!

Results from a rainy Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka (race called after 44 laps):

1. Hamilton

2. Rosberg

3. Vettel

4. Ricciardo

5. Button

6. Bottas

7. Massa

8. Hülkenberg

9. Vergne

10. Pérez

Bad crash by Jules Bianchi. He apparently hit a tractor that was recovering Sutil's car and was knocked unconscious. He was taken to a nearby hospital by ambulance. I am hoping for the best.

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

Bumping for the whole, who will go where fiasco?

I've read the following...

McLaren: Alonso

Ferrari: Vettel

Then there's these

Alonso to Mercedes

Hamilton back to McLaren

Vettel to McLaren

Vettel to Mercedes

Alonso to Lotus

Then there's the where did this come from?

Vettel & Alonso both to McLaren....

In all honesty, I can't see Vettel & Alonso on the same team. I just don't see it. Although Lewis going back to McLaren would be interesting. Thoughts?

baltimoreravens.png

Thoughts & prayers for Jules. Reports are coming out that he is out of surgery but in critical care.

All the drivers were shook up during the pre-Russian GP group interviews over the state of Bianchi's status. There is call's for the FIA and FOM to take immediate action to make things safer during incidents of the retrieval vehicle being close to the track removing cars. This includes suggestions of having the safety car deployed during times when the recovery vehicle needs to come to retrieve a car.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/29551563

As well, Claire Williams is calling for the possibility of enclosed cockpits in the future to prevent this from happening again.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/29546041

Either way you see it, it was a freak accident that Bianchi hydroplaned off the track and collided into the rear of the tractor. My thoughts go out to Jules and his family during this time. The French driver had surgery on Sunday and his family released details about the surgery, where Jules suffered a diffused axonal injury and is regard critical but stable. A diffused axonal injury is when the brain moves back and forth in the skull as a result of rapid acceleration or deceleration, such as in a car crash, damage can occur. The shearing action disrupts the brain's architecture and kills brain cells. In response to the injury, the brain swells and this increasing pressure can restrict blood flow, causing further brain damage. Assessing how much damage has occurred can take time - some damage may well be irreversible. He will be remaining in Tokyo until he improves.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/29521187

Marussia say they have not yet decided whether to replace the injured Jules Bianchi for the Russian Grand Prix. There are rumors that Marussia will only run one car this weekend in respect to Bianchi's condition

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/29558046

Bumping for the whole, who will go where fiasco?

I've read the following...

McLaren: Alonso

Ferrari: Vettel

Then there's these

Alonso to Mercedes

Hamilton back to McLaren

Vettel to McLaren

Vettel to Mercedes

Alonso to Lotus

Then there's the where did this come from?

Vettel & Alonso both to McLaren....

In all honesty, I can't see Vettel & Alonso on the same team. I just don't see it. Although Lewis going back to McLaren would be interesting. Thoughts?

I cannot see Vettel and Alonso both at McLaren. But Christian Horner has stated, when asked after the Japanese GP, that Alonso will not be going to Red Bull Racing. Hamilton will not be going back to McLaren due to current relationship between Hamilton and Denis. Hamilton left under bad terms when he signed with Mercedes and I don't see Denis allowing Hamilton returning with open arms.

2015 race seat predictions:

Vettel - Ferrari

Alonso - McLaren (the only other team that can afford him)

Hamilton and Rosberg - Mercedes

Results from Russia:

1. Hamilton

2. Rosberg

3. Bottas

4. Button

5. Magnussen

6. Alonso

7. Ricciardo

8. Vettel

9. Raikkonen

10. Perez

With that race, Mercedes won the constructor's championship. It is their first considering the Constructor's standings didn't take place until 1958. In all honesty, this is Lewis' championship to lose. Although Abu Dhabi may say otherwise. I also think that this is the end of Caterham after Kobayashi was told to retire by upper management. Last but not least, Alonso dropped a big hint of where he was going, he said it wasn't for a team that has a Mercedes engine so that either leaves 2 choices (either stay at Ferrari or going to McLaren). It should be interesting by the time they get to Texas!

baltimoreravens.png

Results from Russia:

1. Hamilton

2. Rosberg

3. Bottas

4. Button

5. Magnussen

6. Alonso

7. Ricciardo

8. Vettel

9. Raikkonen

10. Perez

With that race, Mercedes won the constructor's championship. It is their first considering the Constructor's standings didn't take place until 1958. In all honesty, this is Lewis' championship to lose. Although Abu Dhabi may say otherwise. I also think that this is the end of Caterham after Kobayashi was told to retire by upper management. Last but not least, Alonso dropped a big hint of where he was going, he said it wasn't for a team that has a Mercedes engine so that either leaves 2 choices (either stay at Ferrari or going to McLaren). It should be interesting by the time they get to Texas!

winner.jpg

I was watching the Sky Sports F1 channel telecast of the Russian GP today and I have to say I was a little gobsmacked how chatty Kobayashi was after he was told to box his Caterham. No news idea of mechanical problems, just to put the car into the garage to save the mileage on the car.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/10/13/caterham-out-of-spare-parts-for-their-cars/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Yallaf1com+(Grand+Prix+247)

There is rumors that Caterham doesn't have the finances for spare parts, let alone to rebuild an entire powerplant. What does this say about Caterham post-2014 season? The end is near unfortunately.

Hamilton dedicates the Russian GP win to Jules Bianchi

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/10/13/hamilton-i-dedicate-russian-gp-victory-to-jules/

Here's a article on the latest on Alonso-gate. I agree it will be either staying at Ferrari or McLaren but if reports are true that McLaren only wants to sign a one-year deal with the Spaniard, then I could see him go to Williams or even Lotus for longer contracts.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/10/12/alonso-my-future-is-already-set-and-its-so-obvious/

The entire Mercedes team celebrate with the staff of both Brackley and Brixworth factories on Tuesday with their title winning performance of the Mercedes-Benz F1 W05 Hybrid chassis with the Mercedes-Benz PU106A Hybrid Power Unit.

P1000783.3.jpg

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/10/14/mercedes-celebrate-with-all-staff-at-brackley-hq/

The Mercedes F1 World Constructor's Title t-shirts designed by Puma worn by the team after the Russian GP are now available for purchase through the Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team store. These replicas do not have all the sponsor logos on both the front and sleeves as the shirts that the team wore on Sunday. But they are still a nice design and look! For anyone wanting to be part of this historic F1 moment, might be a nice piece of memorabilia to have. Plus from what I have seen on Twitter, these shirts will sell like hotcakes and fast due to the demand for them even after the race.

0001182_world-champion-winner-tee-black-

https://shop.mercedesamgf1.com/p/213/world-champions-winner-tee

Archived