3. Sebastian Vettel

4. Fernando Alonso

5. Nico Hülkenberg

6. Jenson Button

7. Felipe Massa

8. Valtteri Botas

9. Kevin Magnussen

10. Daniil Kvyat

Also later today is the Grand Prix of St. Petersburg at 3 p.m. ET on ABC.

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

SN from Malaysia, it seems the ghosts of Ferrari's past are still haunting Massa (Bottas is faster....) Bahrain is next week so who knows if we will see Mercedes dominate again but Seb is known to do well on this track as well.

Results from St.Pete

1. Power

2. Hunter-Reay

3. Castroneves

4. Dixon

5. Pagenaud

6. Kanaan

7. Sato

8. Wilson

9. Newgarden

10. Briscoe

2 Weeks its one of my favorite races, Long Beach but if the rumors are true, this could be Indy Car's last trip to Long Beach :( The rumor is that Uncle Bernie is seriously considering going back to Long Beach for Formula 1. IMO, I hope he doesn't, I enjoy watching Long Beach, its a great course & it would be a shame for Indy to lose it. The race though, was good, I think we may be in for another great season.

baltimoreravens.png

I couldnt believr how much faster Bottas is to Massa. As for Vettel I believe he will dominate both the qualifying and race. Mercedes will show up with tip five. As for Ricciardo...I'm not totally convinced about his driving.

As for F1 returning to Long Beach, I dont see those reports becoming reality. Long Beach track is not designed for F1 cars and would need a complete overhaul. That's why the New Jersey and Austin tracks are the first two choices for USGP. I still wish Indianapolis was still a choice. Beautiful storied track just a debacle for the Michellin tyre controversy in their last race and the idiot president of Indianapolis Motor Sppedway saying F1 isn't the crowd drawer that NASCAR is. Wow how far he was the truth. And I do remember him getting removed the position shortly there after.

This just in!

http://www.presstelegram.com/events/20140402/toyota-grand-prix-of-long-beach-gets-3-year-extension-then-formula-one-could-return

The contract for the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach will be extended through 2018, but the city will open up bidding for the event in a move that could bring Formula One back to Southern California, according to the race’s organizer.

Jim Michaelian, president and CEO of the Grand Prix Association, said Wednesday he was informed of the three-year extension for the IndyCar race following a closed session of the City Council Tuesday night.

The extension will have to be confirmed in open session, which Michaelian said he was told would happen “within a few weeks.”

So Indycar survives for now...

baltimoreravens.png

Bump for possibly the best news for American F1

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-racing/exclusive-us-team-to-be-given-green-light-to-jump-on-the-f1-bandwagon-by-next-year-9234109.html

Bernie Ecclestone has revealed that a new team run by an American businessman is on track to join Formula One next year.

The team is run by Gene Haas, the joint owner of the championship-winning Stewart-Haas Racing team, which competes in America's Nascar stock car series. "I think Haas will be accepted," said Ecclestone, the sport's chief executive. "They have got the money but it's a question of whether they are going to spend it."

In addition to his stake in the Nascar team, Haas is also the founder of leading American engineering firm Haas Automation, which has annual revenues of around $1bn (£600m). It gives him the resources to fuel his bid and he is already using it to attract top names, as Günther Steiner, a former technical director of the four-time Formula One champions Red Bull Racing, is understood to be involved

baltimoreravens.png

Results from Bahrain:

1. Hamilton

2. Rosberg

3. Perez

4. Riccardo

5. Hulkenberg

6. Vettel

7. Massa

8. Bottas

9. Alonso

10. Raikkonen

I don't know what Mercedes is doing but they have been dominate this year. 6 of the top 10 have their engines. They've been dominate so far, but this is Formula 1, things could change in an instant.

SN: Red Bull got beat by Force India? :shocked: EDIT: I had to laugh a little when Red Bull told Vettel to let Riccardo pass him because he was faster....

baltimoreravens.png

I had to laugh a little when Red Bull told Vettel to let Riccardo pass him because he was faster....

I took much enjoyment from that transmission. As for the race, it only took ten years but Bahrain finally produced a good one. The Mercs may be running away with this but at least its been fun down through the field.

I had to laugh a little when Red Bull told Vettel to let Riccardo pass him because he was faster....

I took much enjoyment from that transmission.

Good to know it wasn't just me then, oh the irony. Especially since most teammates were fighting each other the whole race. Plus the fact that Luca was walking away in disgust after Fernando was complaining about the car's power. Maybe the clock is ticking with the prancing horse.

Some news that came up today...

http://grandprix247.com/2014/04/06/ecclestone-confirms-two-teams-to-join-f1-grid-in-2015/

Formula One has agreed to accept two new teams, including a U.S. entry proposed by NASCAR team owner Gene Haas, commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone said on Sunday.

“They will be accepted,” the Briton told reporters at the Bahrain Grand Prix when asked about Haas’s application.

“We’ve also accepted another team as well. Whether they’ll make it or not is another story. We are happy to have another couple of teams.

“I’ve spoken to Jean Todt and we agreed yesterday that [if] another two teams want to come in, we’ll let them in,” said the 83-year-old billionaire.

Finally! Hope for an American team

baltimoreravens.png

I too laughed when Red Bull told Vettel to let Ricciardo to pass because he's faster. The world has a silver lining. The Bahrain GP was one of the better races I've seen in a while. And yes it took 10 years but the Bahrain GP is turning into a good race.

As for the American team being accepted as well as the second team into F1 is a good thing.

Well the rumor with Haas is that he's got a deal with Ferrari, but at this point I'm staring to worry but then there's the rumor that Cosworth is coming back in. Although, its looking like one team may bow out & its not Caterham...

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/04/09/motor-racing-marussia-idINDEEA3806X20140409

The Marussia Formula One team is no longer owned by Marussia Motors and the closure of the Russian sportscar maker will have no effect on its operations, the British-based outfit said on Wednesday.

The RIA Novosti news agency reported that Marussia Motors, who took a majority stake in what was the Virgin Racing team in late 2010, had shut down with staff leaving to join a government-run technical institute.

"The news is unfortunate for those concerned and we wish its employees well for the future," said a spokeswoman for the team. "The supercar project was ambitious but it is disappointing that it was unable to get to market."

The Ferrari-powered team was now controlled by Marussia Communications Ltd, she added, but gave no further details.

I got a feeling that this ship is gonna sink...

Meanwhile Honda unveiled their P2 car for TUSCC

d8f8lew6uxweumxjfmrl.jpg

http://racermag.kinja.com/hondas-new-hpd-arx-04b-p2-car-unveiled-1561298405

The market for brand-new P2 cars will be flooded in 2015 as Ligier, ORECA, Dome and a few other manufacturers bring their designs into the marketplace, and they'll have stiff competition from Honda Performance Development looks to reassert itself with the HPD ARX-04b.

Penned by England's Wirth Research and California's HPD, the marque's first coupe design bears little resemblance to its ARX predecessors or, for that matter, any of the other P2 cars it will compete against.

According to Wirth, the ARX-04b features considerable amounts of technology found within his recent (albeit stillborn) P1 coupe project, and with the lineage of the current ARX-03b P2 car dating back to the Acura ALMS effort, the new P2 coupe is meant to put the past to rest and start a new chapter with a clean-sheet prototype design.

baltimoreravens.png

Well the rumor with Haas is that he's got a deal with Ferrari, but at this point I'm staring to worry but then there's the rumor that Cosworth is coming back in. Although, its looking like one team may bow out & its not Caterham...

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/04/09/motor-racing-marussia-idINDEEA3806X20140409

The Marussia Formula One team is no longer owned by Marussia Motors and the closure of the Russian sportscar maker will have no effect on its operations, the British-based outfit said on Wednesday.

The RIA Novosti news agency reported that Marussia Motors, who took a majority stake in what was the Virgin Racing team in late 2010, had shut down with staff leaving to join a government-run technical institute.

"The news is unfortunate for those concerned and we wish its employees well for the future," said a spokeswoman for the team. "The supercar project was ambitious but it is disappointing that it was unable to get to market."

The Ferrari-powered team was now controlled by Marussia Communications Ltd, she added, but gave no further details.

I got a feeling that this ship is gonna sink...

Meanwhile Honda unveiled their P2 car for TUSCC

d8f8lew6uxweumxjfmrl.jpg

http://racermag.kinja.com/hondas-new-hpd-arx-04b-p2-car-unveiled-1561298405

The market for brand-new P2 cars will be flooded in 2015 as Ligier, ORECA, Dome and a few other manufacturers bring their designs into the marketplace, and they'll have stiff competition from Honda Performance Development looks to reassert itself with the HPD ARX-04b.

Penned by England's Wirth Research and California's HPD, the marque's first coupe design bears little resemblance to its ARX predecessors or, for that matter, any of the other P2 cars it will compete against.

According to Wirth, the ARX-04b features considerable amounts of technology found within his recent (albeit stillborn) P1 coupe project, and with the lineage of the current ARX-03b P2 car dating back to the Acura ALMS effort, the new P2 coupe is meant to put the past to rest and start a new chapter with a clean-sheet prototype design.

That is a shame about Marussia F1 team about loosing their principle stake holder. But i think the British-operated F1 team will bounce back with a new stakeholder.

The Great American hope has arrived???:

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/202037/1/new-us-team-awarded-fia-formula-1-licence.html

Gene Haas has confirmed that is company has been awarded a Formula 1 license by the FIA that will allow him to set up the first US racing team since Penske Racing competed in the world championship in the 1970s and Haas-Lola in the mid-1980s, the latter founded by Teddy Mayer and Carl Haas (no relation.)

“Obviously, we're extremely pleased to have been granted a Formula 1 license by the FIA," said Haas in a press statement released on Friday, "It's an exciting time for me, Haas Automation and anyone who wanted to see an American team return to Formula 1."

The news had earlier been officially endorsed by a meeting of the World Motor Sport Council in Marrakech.

"The FIA has launched a selection procedure for an additional F1 team(s), and applications of a high standard have been received," said the FIA in a press release. "In close consultation with the CRH [Commercial Rights Holder], the FIA has accepted the candidature of Haas Formula LLC and are in the process of conducting further investigations for Forza Rossa."

Haas was in no doubt as to the task that laid before him.

"Now, the really hard work begins," he admitted. "It's a challenge we embrace as we work to put cars on the grid.

Now somebody get Connor Daly on the phone!

Looks like someone else wants to come back...

http://grandprix247.com/2014/04/11/bmw-and-ford-are-reportedly-considering-formula-1-return/

BMW and Ford could each be considering a return to Formula 1, according to reports.

The BMW report has been triggered by comments made by former Formula 1 team owner and boss Gian Carlo Minardi, who said the revolutionary new turbo V6 rules were devised not just by current Formula 1 suppliers Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault.

“reports in Germany suggest BMW’s board of directors will meet in May to evaluate a return to the top category to be an engine supplier as early as 2015,” Minardi said on his official website.

He said BMW officials were present during winter testing and the early races of the new V6 rules.

The return of BMW, having withdrawn its works partnership with the Sauber team at the end of 2009, would be good news for Formula 1′s controversial new engine rules, as the Japanese marque Honda is also coming back to the sport in 2015.

Elsewhere, Racecar Engineering reports that Gene Haas’ new team for 2015 could be powered by Ford-branded Cosworth engines.

baltimoreravens.png

Excellent news on both Haas Formula LLC and the return of some heavy hitter engine manufacturers of BMW, Ford and Honda. Can you say power shift in the coming years. I would love to see Volkswagen get involved with F1 sometime in the near future with an actual team. They could choose Porshe or even an Audi power plant...just drooling thinking about the possibilities :D

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/202037/1/new-us-team-awarded-fia-formula-1-licence.html

Gene Haas has confirmed that is company has been awarded a Formula 1 license by the FIA that will allow him to set up the first US racing team since Penske Racing competed in the world championship in the 1970s and Haas-Lola in the mid-1980s, the latter founded by Teddy Mayer and Carl Haas (no relation.)

“Obviously, we're extremely pleased to have been granted a Formula 1 license by the FIA," said Haas in a press statement released on Friday, "It's an exciting time for me, Haas Automation and anyone who wanted to see an American team return to Formula 1."

The news had earlier been officially endorsed by a meeting of the World Motor Sport Council in Marrakech.

"The FIA has launched a selection procedure for an additional F1 team(s), and applications of a high standard have been received," said the FIA in a press release. "In close consultation with the CRH [Commercial Rights Holder], the FIA has accepted the candidature of Haas Formula LLC and are in the process of conducting further investigations for Forza Rossa."

"Now, the really hard work begins," he admitted. "It's a challenge we embrace as we work to put cars on the grid.

http://grandprix247.com/2014/04/11/bmw-and-ford-are-reportedly-considering-formula-1-return/

BMW and Ford could each be considering a return to Formula 1, according to reports.

The BMW report has been triggered by comments made by former Formula 1 team owner and boss Gian Carlo Minardi, who said the revolutionary new turbo V6 rules were devised not just by current Formula 1 suppliers Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault.

“reports in Germany suggest BMW’s board of directors will meet in May to evaluate a return to the top category to be an engine supplier as early as 2015,” Minardi said on his official website.

He said BMW officials were present during winter testing and the early races of the new V6 rules.

The return of BMW, having withdrawn its works partnership with the Sauber team at the end of 2009, would be good news for Formula 1′s controversial new engine rules, as the Japanese marque Honda is also coming back to the sport in 2015.

Elsewhere, Racecar Engineering reports that Gene Haas’ new team for 2015 could be powered by Ford-branded Cosworth engines.

Remember when the Youtube co-founder formed USF1? I do; I recall that Peter Windsor was hired and it did not last with that guy's cash and access to capital to even make a grid.

Plus, recall that the Toyota Factory Team had three years in development before debuting and never won a race in eight seasons.

Remember when the Youtube co-founder formed USF1? I do; I recall that Peter Windsor was hired and it did not last with that guy's cash and access to capital to even make a grid.

Plus, recall that the Toyota Factory Team had three years in development before debuting and never won a race in eight seasons.

Reports at the time had Ken Anderson drowning any chance USF1 had of making the grid. At least this time Haas is getting a rough ninety day head start from what USF1 had.

Archived