rvrdgsfn

Well we shall see what happens, Haas is calling for a press conference either tomorrow or sometime this week... Now onto the results from the Long Beach Grand Prix

1.Conway

2. Power

3. Munoz

4. Montoya

5. Pagenaud

6. Aleshin

7. Servia

8. Andretti

9. Saavedra

10. Huertas

There was a bit of a pile up causing problems for RHR & Mayor Hinch. Just to name a few things that went wrong for some well known names. A good day for the rookies though. Onto Alabama in 2 weeks.

baltimoreravens.png

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumping for Breaking news!

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/9265401/Domenicali-Pays-For-Ferrari-s-Failure

After a morning of speculation in the wake of rumours in the Italian media that Domenicali had fallen on his sword, Ferrari have confirmed his departure.

The Italian joined Ferrari in 1991 and succeeded Jean Todt as the team principal in 2008.

That, though, was the last year the Scuderia tasted victory as they won the Constructors' Championship.

Since then there have been several close calls but no titles while Ferrari's form at the start of this season has been dismal.

Instead of fighting for race victories and World titles, Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen barely finished in the points last time out in Bahrain.

That proved to be the last call for Domenicali, who has now stepped down.

Let the Ross Brawn rumors begin anew...

Haas made his announcement today

http://racer.com/f1/item/102754-f1-haas-says-new-team-could-debut-in-2015-or-2016

Gene Haas says his plans for an American-based Formula 1 team could take two years to come to fruition.

In a press conference Monday in Charlotte, following last week's announcement that his bid to create an F1 team had been accepted by the FIA, NASCAR team co-owner Haas revealed that the team would compete under the name Haas Formula, and that he had retained Guenther Steiner, who previously worked with Red Bull Racing, to serve as team principal. However, Haas and Steiner admitted they aren't yet sure whether the team would be ready in time for the 2015 season, although they expect to know within the next month whether its debut will have to wait until 2016. He indicated his preference would be sooner, if an engine supply deal can be agreed in time.

"I think 2015 is too close and 2016 is too far – that's kind of where I see it," Haas said. "If we wait until 2016 were are going to start delaying and spending even more money because we will be a neutral. What we need to do is come up with a plan where we can basically arrive with a car that is based on our partner's technology within the rules of the FIA. We are going to have to beg, borrow and steal to arrive at that first race so we can compete."

He confirmed that the the chassis pafrtner is likely to be Dallara.

baltimoreravens.png

Domenicali's writing was on the wall since the beginning of the season. Dissmal performances by the red machines. Actually a trend over the last few years. Hard to see such a giant in F1 history being beaten by the likes of Williams and Force India.

As for Haas, why is there such a rush to get their team off the ground. Take the time to plan out the team with all the pieces in place so that something doesn't derail it prior to the first race or cause them to fold during a season. I think 2016 is a likely goal for Haas Formula

Results from China:

1. Hamilton

2. Rosberg

3. Alonso

4. Ricciardo

5. Vettel

6. Hulkenberg

7. Bottas

8. Raikkonen

9. Perez

10. Kyvat

For once Ferrari is back on a podium, but it was another dominant performance from Mercedes. I also heard there is some tension between Ricciardo & Vettel. This should be interesting. Spain is in 3 weeks.

baltimoreravens.png

Great to see Porshe on the podium at Silverstone.

As for the Ricciardo & Vettel tensions, second race in a row that RB told Vettel to let Ricciardo pass him. Agreed, Ricciardo has been faster during race situations than Vettel. But Vettel said "tough luck# to the head engineer when the radio call came. Can you say in team war brewing. Shades of last season.

Mercedes nothing but dominant in the 2014 season. Ferrari and Renault engines are no wear near as powerful and fast as Mercedes. Here's hoping the three week layoff will allow Ferrari and Renault to do some major tweeking to their engines to play catchup.

Yeah Vettel isn't a team player, but what else is new?

Man, Grosjean has zero to no luck this year. He's been battling a sub par Lotus machine, and he finally gets a top 10 start and his car's 4th gear breaks. Also Maldonado might be the worst driver in the field. No reason he should have a job.

Also Maldonado might be the worst driver in the field. No reason he should have a job.

money.jpg

Unfortunately the way of F1. Pay drivers who bring sponsorship money to the team are often selected over better drivers. The main reason why Paul Di Resta didn't land an F1 seat this year.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Yeah Vettel isn't a team player, but what else is new?

Man, Grosjean has zero to no luck this year. He's been battling a sub par Lotus machine, and he finally gets a top 10 start and his car's 4th gear breaks. Also Maldonado might be the worst driver in the field. No reason he should have a job.

Grosjean can't buy a decent race finish postion this season so far. All I can say is that the Lotus has dropped back two full years in production with the rest of the field with this current machine. I still don't think Maldonado was that good last year with Williams, but like marble21 said it all depends on what sponsorship funding a driver can bring to a team. It's all about how big their porfolio is, not their driving experience. Don't know how that sponsorship funding will help them when they are battling with mid-pack teams in a three-wide battle.

Wow, I didn't even know Maldonado crashed in China. I turned it off cause it was 4am and Grosjean retired.

Still, I would've went with Paul DiResta, or someone like Nick Hiedfeld. MAYBE even Rossi over Pasta.

That's the reason why Maldonado started at the rear of the starting grid because he didn't run in the qualifying stage, plus he received a five grid penalty from the last race (Bahrain) due to dangerous driving. If I was Lotus i would have gone with di Resta, or even try to lure JP Montoya back to F1 from NASCAR. Rossi...not likely to happen. I know that was the rumor for years now that Rossi would come to F1 from MotoGP but I don't think it would be a good fit.

I think Lotus' hands were tied into taking at least one pay driver. It has been well documented the financial troubles they have been in - particularly with Kimi choosing to leave last year because he had not been paid for months on end.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

So with Formula One news out of the last couple days:

1. Former IndyCar racer Simona De Silvestro had test drive with Sauber on Friday. She got to drive 112 laps around the Fiorano circuit in a C31 with no KERS and special Pirelli tyres to see how her development has come. She is in line for a seat with Sauber for the 2015 season. http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/4/15768.html

2. American racer Alexander Rossi will drive for Caterham in the opening Friday practice sessions of this year's Canadian and United States Grands Prix, the team have confirmed. A huge step for Rossi to get a seat for the 2015 season. http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/4/15766.html

3. McLaren will implement an "aggressive" development plan in a bid to arrest their recent slump, racing director Eric Boullier says, with upgrades already mapped out until July's race in Britain. This is needed as McLaren has definitely fallen off the radar with Mercedes AMG F1, Ferrari and Red Bull leaving them to fight with the mid pack teams. Oh how the mighty McLaren have fallen from the years of dominance. http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/4/15762.html

Results from a wet Alabama race in IndyCar

1. Hunter-Reay

2. Andretti

3. Dixon

4. Pagenaud

5. Power

6. Wilson

7. Hinchcliffe

8. Newgarden

9. Kanaan

10. Kimball

Man that was a messy race. Now onto may where we will have the inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis.

A few things as well, looks like Cosworth is itching to come back...

http://racer.com/latest-stories/item/103063-cosworth-to-meet-indycar-partners

Cosworth says that it is continuing to make progress with its efforts to return to IndyCar as an engine supplier, and that further meetings with potential manufacturer partners could take place as early as next month. The company has also formed a new partnership with the series to provide additional telemetry data to fans.

Some possible news about the Prototype changes in TUSCS

http://racer.com/imsa/item/102968-imsa-talks-continue-on-2017-spec-prototype-chassis

"We just started and are just getting everything together," Elkins told RACER. "Right now, it's IMSA, the ACO and the FIA putting together our wish list of things we'd like. We have a document we're working on that we're hoping to send around and get feedback on. We're headed toward a car you can run in the TUDOR Championship and turn around and run at Le Mans, the WEC, or wherever else. It's the same car, but with different sporting regulations. It's early days, but we're ready to get some feedback on engines and other things that interest our partners the most."

Let's hope this works out.

baltimoreravens.png

Today is the 20th anniversary of the tragic death of Ayrton Senna.

R.I.P. Ayrton Senna, and also R.I.P. Roland Ratzenburger who died the same weekend. Both won't be forgotten.

Agreed! Aryton Senna passed away way too early as he would have become the best driver in the history of racing. In my eyes, he is one of the all time best drivers in F1 history...

Archived