Cardinal Logo/

Vicious

Off the top of my head, maybe add a little separation in the tail so it doesn't look like one giant feather and some lighter tips to the end of the claws?

Nice work!

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

I like it. To me, the cardinal looks like he's bored. The expression is not fierce or anything. I feel as if you made it more angry or fierce it would look a lot better. Also, maybe try adding black strokes to the tail to create feathers of different lengths instead of a curved tail. Other then that I think it looks very nice.

It is a good start but the eyebrows are giving me an Angry Birds feel, except more bored than angry like Ragone said. Cardinals don't really use their claws to attack so this attacking pose doesn't work well for a cardinal IMO. The tail feathers are flat straightt across which doesn't match the wings' feather-like feel.

I couldn't place my finger on what was off to me until someone said Angry Birds. And that is probably coming from the eyes. Also, like others said, get some separation in the tail feathers. This is close, good job.

rATMcmK.png

light - the light source on the head is different than the wings and body. everything should match the head. just reverse your dark and light colors through the body.

color - i think the colors are really boring and lifeless actually. if you're okay with them then don't change, but what i suggest is using a darker maroon/burgundy in place of the black. for your lightest red color, just brighten that up to more of a true cardinal red. the cream color is nice, but might be better if it were slightly more saturated (more color; less grey)

lines - like Jaha said its odd that your wings feathers are seperated but the tail is straight. they are also shaped more like an Eagle's tail. take a look at this photo below and try to get closer to that. also, might want to kill the line that separates the head from the body. or at least allow a little color to connect the two.

Cardinal+Northern+Wild+Birds+Unlimited+l

im not sure what to do about the talons. maybe try something like this one? also, note the tail feathers. it dosent look natural but might be a direction you can take

13559796-fiery-cardinal.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

This is really good!

I totally agree that the colours need to be livened up everywhere. Everything can be brighter.

The eyes remind me of Angry Birds as well, it might be worth starting over from scratch with them. I'd make the eyes bigger and not have such thick eyebrows.

The tail needs reworking as others have said.

Okay,

Changed to color scheme to be more cardinalesque.

Modified the beak, eyes, and dark part of the face (eyebrows).

Opened the head up to the body.

Fixed shading.

Re-Worked the talons.

Re did the tail feathers.

ScreenShot2014-01-05at43555PM_zps870782f

Let's hear it!

Picture21.png

The lack of symmetry in the tail is bugging me, and I'm never one for zombie-eyes, but much improved overall.

I agree. For a design that's symmetrical everywhere else, I think the tails needs it also. Other than that, it's a fantastic update.

gYH2mW9.png

I actually preferred the asymmetrical tail.

The perfectly groomed tail makes him look too much like a bird of prey. Eagles, Hawks, etc., all require those aerodynamic tails for swooping and catching their prey. Cardinals, on the other hand are a Passerine (or perching bird) along with robins and sparrows and really don't need the super tail for their hopping and worm-eating.

The asymmetrical tail just made it look more like a natural cardinal instead of a cardinal-falcon hybrid. Also, having the tail slightly cocked to one side like you did gives more of an impression of movement, like he's flying in from the left-hand side for a landing. The straight tail makes him look like he's coming straight-on. Just feel like it has less movement within the logo.

tumblr_lpt6b9SEdl1qz9r2d.gif

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived