Your first jersey...

infrared41

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Young 49ers LogoAthletic replica, from my grandma. I'm pretty sure it was for my 9th birthday (1996), because I remember wearing it to school on the first day of 4th grade, which was just a few days after my birthday.

Wow, that is an absolutely scary mirror of my young life. Got this as my first jersey, wore it to my first day of 4th grade.

That is awesome. I got that exact jersey you posted - Logo7 with the thicker, almost hockey-style mesh (we used to call them "K-Mart jerseys") a few years later, I think in 6th grade. It still hangs on the wall in my room at my parents' house.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I had the 49ers Montana uniform when I was 7 in 1984. My Grandma thought he was cute so I was a 49ers fan for 3 years. Yuck! I still have the helmet and pads. I took of the 49ers stickers and put Arizona Wranglers ones on it for my fantasy team. I bought my daughter the Packers version of this when she was 1. Both of my daughters(4,1) like to run around in the helmets. The jerseys were better when I was a kid but the helmets are better now.

1985.xx.xx%2BSears%2BChristmas%2BCatalog

Mine looked something like this...

A kids Vikings jersey from the mid 70's. Probably Sand-Knit or Rawlings. Mine was a number 10, obviously. I got it for Christmas... back in those days it wasn't really easy to get non-local team apparel, and we lived in Columbus, Ohio. It seemed to me my parents had performed some kind of magic trick to acquire this. I was 10, and wore it until the iron-on numbers were just a mass of peels and chips.

I had this very shirt (early 80s...but same number for Tommy Kramer). I got it for Christmas. That same Christmas I got the below jersey (Cannot believe I found a photo)

But those were my second and 3rd. My first was a t-shirt material version of the below...and I think the stripes on the collar/sleeves were just red and blue. No white.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Red Chicago Bulls jersey, Jordan of course. Eventually passed it on to my sister, and then the wear and tear finally caught up to it. I ended up finding a Black #23 jersey later on in life that I still own, so it's all good.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I believe mine was a #80 Lavernaues Coles Redskins jersey that I got when I was about 6 or 7. Quickly, that was replaced by countless other Redskins jerseys as the constant stream of overpriced and underperforming talent entered and exited the Nation's Capitol. Portis, Arrington, Campbell (x2), Ramsey, and now Griffin (let us pray...)

Portis underperformed? are you crazy he became a top 5 runner when he went to the skins after being a relative nobody with denver

If a "relative nobody" means NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year and two seasons of 1,500 yards, then I totally agree.

He was good in DC, but often represented everything wrong about the Redskins since Snyder has taken over. Blockbuster trade, cozy with owner, antics, not a hard worker...

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Blank white Mighty Ducks replica jersey. Got it for Christmas 2004.

I never used to wear it because it was too big (size medium). My parents could have sent it back, but at the time I was just happy to have one. Now it fits fine, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not :D

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

toronto-maple-leafs-80s-jersey.jpg

My Uncle gave me his Ballard era Leafs jersey when he took me to my first game at Maple Leafs Gardens. It was the same as the above except no should patches. I think he told me he bought it from sears when he was a kid. One of those "this is what I bought with the first pay cheque" stories.

I still have it and when/if my sister has a child I plan to pass it on. Make it a whole "Uncle passing on the jersey" thing.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived