Your first cap....

johnnysama

Does anyone remember what this style is called? They were big for a year or two in the 90's. My first hat was the Sabres goat head version of this. It's still floating around somewhere... partially bleached, worn, holey, floppy and with a replaced snapback, but still around somewhere.

$T2eC16V,!ykFIeqoCv5kBSPMcR8!vg~~60_57.J

They were "Trace" hats by New Era. Cool idea, and I think they reintroduced them sometime in the early 2000s. Coincidentally, I got a white Sabres one for Christmas in about 1998. Brim was all kinds of floppy..

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone remember what this style is called? They were big for a year or two in the 90's. My first hat was the Sabres goat head version of this. It's still floating around somewhere... partially bleached, worn, holey, floppy and with a replaced snapback, but still around somewhere.

$T2eC16V,!ykFIeqoCv5kBSPMcR8!vg~~60_57.J

They were "Trace" hats by New Era. Cool idea, and I think they reintroduced them sometime in the early 2000s. Coincidentally, I got a white Sabres one for Christmas in about 1998. Brim was all kinds of floppy..

Yes. The brim on the one I still have has about the same stiffness as a thick t-shirt.

One of those hats with 'Maple Leafs Hockey' on it.

5950 question:

What do you guys usually do if your cap size is between two sizes? I tried out 5950s and found 7 3/8 too tight and 7 1/2 too loose in some places. That's probably the reason I prefer flexfit hats.

id get the smaller one and stretch it out, I've done both and am disappointed in the one i bought that was a larger size, meanwhile the smaller one fits perfectly now that I've worn it a lot

I think I'll do this. Cheers! I don't like growing my hair long, so I guess the 7 3/8 will be a bit of a squeeze the first few times but it should fit better soon.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Can't remember my very first baseball cap, but I can say my first fitted cap has a lil history. Bought a Red Sox one the day after Roger Clemens struck out 20 Mariners in 1986. As the Curse continued, I vowed to never buy a new one. Years passed, stitches were sewn, my Mets-fan brother laughed...until 2004. Finally bought a new era low crown one. Still have the 86 one. Doubtful I'll buy a new one again.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

My first team cap was a kids version of this...

pMLB2-2070418dt.jpg

Got it at my first MLB game. Yankees - Indians at old Cleveland stadium in 1970. Obviously, the cap wasn't nearly as nice as the one pictured here. It was a typical early 70's hat. But it had an MLB team logo on it and that's all that mattered to me.

The pictured hat is part of my Cooperstown Collection...um....collection.

BB52Big.jpg

My first cap that I can remember was a Twins snap back with the green fabric under the bill and the M logo. It was from a "free cap night" sponsored by Dairy Queen so it also had a DQ logo on the side. Ugliest cap ever but every time I see one I can't help but smile because it brings me back to Twin's games in the Metrodome (my family didn't live close to Minneapolis so trips were a once/twice a year thing).

First cap I purchased was a fitted Rockies cap. My T-ball team was the Rockies so I wanted to look all official.

This is the first hat that i remember getting and had for awhile and would wear everywhere until it got too sweat stained and tattered131794774_amazoncom-jeff-gordon-24-dupon

I had a hat just like this when I was a kid too.I loved that hat and I wore that thing everywhere. I'd still wear it if it would fit on my fat head.

Red Twins Cap...mesh.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

My first cap was a 1984 Houston Astros cap, navy blue with the orange star. Size 7 1/8. Made by Sport Specialties (?).

I wore that cap for years. That was, until I finally got my first Manny's Baseball Land catalog. Then I could finally order a Cleveland Indians cap, which I wore for years. Still have them, too...

The oldest one I can think of would be a Ricky Rudd NASCAR hat, just like this one, except white:

mATP-pMsMt2y0LoLe92nx_Q.jpg

I never wore it, but it was my designated item to get signed when I met NASCAR drivers. It probably has 25 signatures on it.

I also had a generic Washington Redskins hat when I was 5 or so. My best friend liked them, and he had one. That fandom didn't stick. ^_^

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

My first sports cap...I believe it was a white Blackhawks cap if I'm not mistaken. I also had a Tazmanian Devil Dallas Cowboys had...which may have come before the Hawks one.

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

Like most of you, I can't remember my first one all that clearly. The first one I remember getting as a gift was a Mets cap from my grandpa's brother, who lives in New York and thus we didn't see him all that often. This was back when Darryl Strawberry and Doc Gooden were the greatest things since sliced bread, and I remember wearing it a lot, though it's long gone. Only Mets cap I've ever owned.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

My first cap was a USA-Mexico friendly in Phoenix in 2007. While I was capped several more times after that, I didn't become cap-tied as a US soccer fan until I attended the US-Honduras World Cup Qualifier in Salt Lake City this summer...

The first hat of sports team I remember owning was a commemorative BYU 1984 national champs hat--it was probably trucker style. I was 7 or 8 at the time.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived