Kelly Green used in uniforms/logos

Tygers09

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An argument for colored fields? I kid, I kid.

Personally, I prefer greens shifted towards blue rather than yellow, with Kelly green just about the breaking point (it has that just enough "coolness" to it that it mellows out.) Any green with more yellow than blue (apple green to forest green) becomes too acidic in appearance and becomes unappealing in my opinion.

What, you don't find this beautiful?

orlando_110503_WIDE.jpg

See, the neon range of green/yellow has so much white in it, it lessons the "acidic" blow, though it's not much easier on the eyes.

I wish the Eagles would bring it back. Or some type of lighter green. Along with some gray/silver.

Their Midnight Green is awful.

Agreed. Oregon's apple green and silver jerseys just scream "Eagles!" in a way the actual Eagles uniforms haven't in a very long time.

As a kid just getting into hockey for the first time, my favourite uniforms in NHL hands down were the Minnesota North Stars and Hartford Whalers.

vnfq.jpg
c5pp.jpg

2 years later, both of those beautiful sets we're vanquished as the North Stars went Black and the Whalers went Navy. Even more unforgivable was the Stars decision to replace Kelly Green as an accent with a shade so dark it almost appeared black.

2l19.png
8z5d.png
Once the Whalers moved, Kelly green was completely absent from the NHL for 10 years until the Canucks brought it back as an accent. Thankfully the war on this beautiful colour has come to an end as one of the NHL's two former green teams has gone back to it's roots.

f645.jpg

As a kid just getting into hockey for the first time, my favourite uniforms in NHL hands down were the Minnesota North Stars and Hartford Whalers.

vnfq.jpg
c5pp.jpg

Those are my two all-time favorite hockey sweaters, too. IMO, that Stars jersey and tOSU football are the only times in the history of sports uniforms that the addition of black trim improved a uniform.

"Pacific Ocean Green"? What were they calling it in Kansas City?

KansasCityAthletics_FRC_Green01a_1967_SC

Hmm, I would have guessed Midwestern plains green. ;)

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

...or this?:NorthTexasSched1980.jpg

I saw North Texas play during that time and those uniforms were "loud" by even the standards of the day.

vnfq.jpg

c5pp.jpg

Those are my two all-time favorite hockey sweaters, too. IMO, that Stars jersey and tOSU football are the only times in the history of sports uniforms that the addition of black trim improved a uniform.

Ditto

I actually think those Whalers jerseys are overrated; I much prefer the blue era.

I agree with the North Star jerseys, though.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I actually think those Whalers jerseys are overrated; I much prefer the blue era.

I like the Blue Whalers jersey too but it would have been waaay better if they kept green the main colour with navy, white and silver accents. The logo and striping of that set is far superior to the jersey I posted.

I like the Blue Whalers jersey too but it would have been waaay better if they kept green the main colour with navy, white and silver accents. The logo and striping of that set is far superior to the jersey I posted.

Someone on these boards had a custom made green Whalers jersey made in the style of the navy ones. It was a thing of beauty.

Archived