Kelly Green used in uniforms/logos

Tygers09

Maybe one issue is that, for football and soccer at least, it blends with the grass background and is more difficult to see-- a problem for teammates, especially in sports when split-second reactions are crucial. As a Jets fan I seem to remember some player or coach back in the kelly green era complaining about that.

I think its just the opposite... the brightness of the kelly green helps. I remember thinking a few times during the Rose bowl that MSU's dak forest green got lost on the grass.

Yeah I only saw a minute of it but it was tough to watch. They totally blended in. Kelly would have been fine.

An argument for colored fields? I kid, I kid.

Personally, I prefer greens shifted towards blue rather than yellow, with Kelly green just about the breaking point (it has that just enough "coolness" to it that it mellows out.) Any green with more yellow than blue (apple green to forest green) becomes too acidic in appearance and becomes unappealing in my opinion.

What, you don't find this beautiful?

orlando_110503_WIDE.jpg

I've always loved those uniforms.

87Redskins.png

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the Stars new green is called "Victory Green".

Just slightly darker than actually Kelly.

OK - I'll bite...what shade of Green do you think the Saskatchewan Roughriders use?

(Here's a hint - it's EXACTLY the same shade of Green the Stars are using now.)

I've said it a 1000 times - color descriptions are purely for marketing or for fun. They really don't mean a darn thing.

You can't say there's an absolute specific color for "Kelly Green". You can define a range of colors, but one person's "Kelly Green" is another person's "Emerald". Here are all of the various colors I have in my database for pro teams who identify "Kelly Green":

PMS_340_C_SRGB.pngPMS_343_C_SRGB.pngPMS_347_C_SRGB.pngPMS_348_C_SRGB.pngPMS_349_C_SRGB.pngPMS_354_C_SRGB.pngPMS_355_C_SRGB.pngPMS_356_C_SRGB.png

That always drives me insane too. Other Stars fans get angry if you call it Kelly green... "But the PR said its a few shades more blue than Kelly green! This is victory green!"

Doesn't make it a fact. The Stars and Celtics and North Stars and Riders and UNT and the Canucks all use/used Kelly green.

The only thing that bugs me more is the endless debate about the differences between teal and aqua. Or people who get upset over yellow/gold distinctions.

I actually think those Whalers jerseys are overrated; I much prefer the blue era.

I agree with the North Star jerseys, though.

I like the Blue Whalers jersey too but it would have been waaay better if they kept green the main colour with navy, white and silver accents. The logo and striping of that set is far superior to the jersey I posted.

Someone on these boards had a custom made green Whalers jersey made in the style of the navy ones. It was a thing of beauty.

gjzv.jpg

If I were a Stars fan I'd be mighty careful about insisting upon "victory green" for a team that's missed five postseasons in a row. Prolly just call it "green."

Maybe that's why they've been out of the playoffs all these years, though! They were wearing "defeat black"!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The entire development around american airlines center was called victory development. The big d new years party and pregame parties are on "victory plaza."

Stars fans know we suck... But "victory" is just part of the north texas sports vocabulary with the stars, mavericks, and the aac. Silly but a fact.

OK - I'll bite...what shade of Green do you think the Saskatchewan Roughriders use?

(Here's a hint - it's EXACTLY the same shade of Green the Stars are using now.)

I've said it a 1000 times - color descriptions are purely for marketing or for fun. They really don't mean a darn thing.

colors_zpse8acbc85.png

354 is my favorite

354 is in no way a version of Kelly Green. The ink we use at work under that number is referred to as Spring Green. It's much much lighter than any other average Kelly Green. It's more of a darker lime but without as much of a yellow hue.

I like 347 and 355

Ironically our 347 ink is called Dallas Green.

PMS_361_C_SRGB.png

How... in anyway is 361 Kelly Green... What team is that may I ask?

Hawaii Pacific U.

Is that North Texas or Marshall?

Actually, this is what both North Texas and Marshall both use:

PMS_356_C_SRGB.png

Those three Kelly Greens posted for collegiate programs were in addition to previously posted colors.

Archived