Kelly Green used in uniforms/logos

Tygers09

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think they can. Regulations used to limit teams to one alt, no indication that's changed.

Itching he means replace the wolf gray with the green

What if they replaced the wolf gray with fierce gray. Would anybody notice? I have to think that would improve the team's performance.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Don't think they can. Regulations used to limit teams to one alt, no indication that's changed.

Ah I see. Then, yes, I'd be all for replacing the wolf grey. It just looks dirty in a bad way.

I do think Fierce Grey (a much darker shade of Wolf) could also be cool. But, given the whole Oregon of the NFL thing the Seahawks wanted, it would seem better to go loud with color.

What if they replaced the wolf gray with fierce gray. Would anybody notice? I have to think that would improve the team's performance.

Is the fierce gray .000002% lighter than the wolf gray?

Is the fierce gray .000002% lighter than the wolf gray?

No... but it's .000002% fiercer. :lol:

• 1 year later...

I believe the Stars new green is called "Victory Green".

Just slightly darker than actually Kelly.

OK - I'll bite...what shade of Green do you think the Saskatchewan Roughriders use?

(Here's a hint - it's EXACTLY the same shade of Green the Stars are using now.)

Little late to this party, but actually saw the Stars' brand standards, it has them using this shade of Kelly Green:

kzgPanE.jpg

Seems on the dark side to me though.

...or this?:NorthTexasSched1980.jpg

I saw North Texas play during that time and those uniforms were "loud" by even the standards of the day.

Can anyone post the pantone values for that set? That shade of green just seems really weird.

Re: The North Stars jersey

That was one of the few times that the addition of black really added to a uniform. The black makes the green really "pop". It's sad this look is forever gone. That's a great sweater.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Green is my favorite color, so apologies for quoting somewhat old posts, but I figured I'd chime in on this conversation. I'm more partial to a forest shade than kelly myself, and coming from the 90s I guess I'm a product of favoring darker shades, but I like a good shade balancing yellow and blue almost as much.

tumblr_m90558sSgK1ra90n2o1_500.jpg

Beautiful. I'm a little concerned these aren't "hardcore" enough (i.e. not dark enough and/or not enough black) to stick in this contemporary era, but it's just such a good look to pass up. Of course the current owner's wife doesn't like that shade of green, right? So I guess it's out of the question until a regime change.

460x.jpg

I think Marshall does green the best currently (might be a bit biased because green and black are my two favorites). At least when they're not using gradients.

20141025_lbm_tb7_316.JPG.0.jpg

Of course, still waiting for the Sonics to come back and be my favorite green team again

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I believe the Stars new green is called "Victory Green".

Just slightly darker than actually Kelly.

OK - I'll bite...what shade of Green do you think the Saskatchewan Roughriders use?

(Here's a hint - it's EXACTLY the same shade of Green the Stars are using now.)

I've said it a 1000 times - color descriptions are purely for marketing or for fun. They really don't mean a darn thing.

You can't say there's an absolute specific color for "Kelly Green". You can define a range of colors, but one person's "Kelly Green" is another person's "Emerald". Here are all of the various colors I have in my database for pro teams who identify "Kelly Green":

PMS_340_C_SRGB.pngPMS_343_C_SRGB.pngPMS_347_C_SRGB.pngPMS_348_C_SRGB.pngPMS_349_C_SRGB.pngPMS_354_C_SRGB.pngPMS_355_C_SRGB.pngPMS_356_C_SRGB.png

It's funny: out of all those shades, I'd only call 354 kelly green, with 347 and 355 being close enough. (And I'd call none of those additional college colors you posted kelly green either.)

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

According to Wikipedia, the teams that use kelly green as their main color are Marshall, North Texas, North Dakota, and Manhattan College (which uses a much darker variation than the other teams but still calls it kelly green, hence furthering ColorWerx's point about inconsistencies with the name).

PMS_361_C_SRGB.png

How... in anyway is 361 Kelly Green... What team is that may I ask?

Hawaii Pacific U.

Interestingly enough, with HPU's new branding they rolled out last summer they've completely removed kelly green from their scheme in place of a double blue. Didn't even know it was that shade, it looked a lot darker due to the blindingly bright blue they used. Of course this also raises the question of who really knew about Hawaii Pacific aside from people who attend Division II schools on the West Coast.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Archived