Help Wonka out with Basketball

MrWonka

So I'm not that huge for designing basketball jerseys or anything. If anyone knows my work they probably assume hockey jerseys. The thing is, I'm not just only a hockey lover. I love football just as much as hockey. I do like designing basketball and baseball. The problem with basketball and baseball is that I'm not that knowledgeable on jerseys. What is liked, what is disliked. I obviously know the great and the terrible, but jerseys like the Suns, or the Pistons..I'm not sure how those are portrayed with fans. I did a basketball jersey tonight to try to start widening my concepts. I hope I did justice.

I don't think this is a thread I'm going to put tremendous amount of time into yet because I'm getting started, but this is where I need your help.

I'll post some concepts now and then. Can some basketball designers give me tips with the ones I post. Like what I could do better, execution notes, numbers, script placement.

Just to wrap this up I just have to say the reason I like designing hockey jerseys more than other sports is because I feel you can do much more designing a hockey jersey than any other major sport. Oh well, here is my first attempt at trying B-ball.

skz591.jpg

Also, if anyone has other templates for basketball and baseball that I could start using that would be awesome. I thought this template was decent, but I would like to try out others to see if I like them better. Thanks!

Not bad. It's tough because the Pistons currently have outstanding home jerseys.

Not sure if I get the reason why the side panels angle towards the torso, then back out on the shorts, other than random design...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived