Greenland Warriors Logo Concept

Ragone

So I am back again with another team for my fictional football league. Soon I will begin the league thread. But for now, I really want to get feedback on this logo. The team is called the Greenland Warriors. I added swords to the back. When I make the entire league thread, I will provide the history for all them and all of the others teams and why it was designed the way it is. Please provide any feedback on how this can be improved. Thanks.

j95y5x.png

2jfemw1.png

The horns are too small & look like they are coming out of the back of the helmet & not the side.

I also feel like there is too much shading but I am a minimalist when it comes to that.

The mouth area needs some work & the swords are too small really nice start though.

It's good, but it can be better. Think "simpler." The beard outline is nice, but it's a bit too much. Take about 2/3 of the extra points out (beard highlights too), if you want it to seem scraggly. It'll clean up the bottom of the mark very fast. Also, the mustache is a bit hard to distinguish. You might consider just making a shadow for it, and having it be implied rather than explicitly placed.

Lighten the dark gray a bit. (it looks like Satan on his beard below his chin lol) and Green and Gray is an interesting combination. I personally would use Red and White much like Greenlands flag but Red is usually overdone. Adjust the colours a bit to distinguish them and you will have a winner.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I agree with all the shadowing, but I really wanted to make the beard look scraggly. But, I cut out all of the shadowing and made the mustache and beard into one. I added a mouth which doesn't look that good so any ideas on fixing that will be greatly appreciated. Lastly I made the horns bigger and stationed them on the helmet itself. Overall I think it looks better, but still does need some cleaning up to do. Anyways suggestions on improving this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

rs96xi.png

hmm, a lot better colour wise. I would keep the old mustache and lose the mouth as it usually wouldn't be so visible on someone with a beard like that lol.

Maybe use Gold on the handles of the swords to add some colour to the logo (it doesn't necessarily have to be in the colour scheme though)

hmm, a lot better colour wise. I would keep the old mustache and lose the mouth as it usually wouldn't be so visible on someone with a beard like that lol.

Maybe use Gold on the handles of the swords to add some colour to the logo (it doesn't necessarily have to be in the colour scheme though)

Hmm I agree with adding another color in, but I think gold would clash with the greys. I was thinking about adding a lighter green instead of the black.

Your most recent version is certainly an improvement. Way less busy around the edges now. The silhouette is pretty nice.

Totally agree the mouth needs to go. It's a little small, for one, and a dude with that much thatch on his face is going to have it covering his mouth anyway. :) The idea someone mentioned to perhaps just indicate where the bottom of the 'stache would be with a shadow is a good one. I'd try it and see how it looked. Or if not that, perhaps a graphical representation of gnashing teeth under a 'stache. Wouldn't necessarily have to stay within that little "window" between the cheekguard either. It could overlap. (Looking at it again, maybe that's what you were going for with the current mouth? I get more of a "I'm smiling" vibe.)

Only other thing that jumped out at me were the little gray pieces on the sides of the sword hilt. When I look at logos(particularly sports logos) I ask myself "Would this reproduce well on a variety of media/items." I get what you're going for with them, but those little grey nubs would totally disapper on a lot of applications. There even pretty hard to see here, actually. I'd opine that you find an elegant way to make 'em bigger or you get rid of 'em altogether.

Alright I got rid of the mouth and added a shadow under the stache. I changed the swords as well. I have been working on different types of swords and haven't gotten the results I like. But, I don't mind the ones I made here. Any suggestions with the sword and other areas would be greatly appreciated. I want to get this near perfect before I move on to my next team. Also, after thinking I added an all green option. Its just a rough recolor job as I didn't want to take it too far and have to go back or change it to a different color. Well here it is.

au6oo7.png

243rnn7.png

You need to ditch the keyline between the mustache and his nose because right now it looks like the mustache is overlapping the nose and the keyline makes the beard look like it is fake and separate from the face, if that makes sense. The nose should overlap the mustache at least a little but and I think that would help out a lot.

You need to ditch the keyline between the mustache and his nose because right now it looks like the mustache is overlapping the nose and the keyline makes the beard look like it is fake and separate from the face, if that makes sense. The nose should overlap the mustache at least a little but and I think that would help out a lot.

I see what you are saying. So basically I should extend the nose over the mustache.

Archived