Jersey Swap Time Lapse

drdougfresh

Figured I'd post this in concepts, too, since a lot of people don't venture into the fantasy section of the site too often. Did a rough jersey swap of Jordan Lynch for our college fantasy football league here on the boards (which has an opening if you're interested -- you can apply here). I recorded the entire process so I could time lapse it and show you how I usually approach it. Hope you enjoy!

lynch.jpg

Thanks Brandon and Jimmy! It's actually the first time I "frankensteined" a helmet onto someone, but that saved SO much trouble. Can't imagine trying to recolor black to gold...

You should do a jersey swap for all the Tebow fans who wanted to see him in a Jaguars uniform.

ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif

I feel like I should be paying you for the privilege of watching that. That was awesome!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Well gee thanks. I actually want to see some more jersey swaps...

You'd stand a much better chance of seeing them if you provided, you know, some feedback first?

Anyways Doug, this is great. Cool stuff as always.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, how long does it take for you to do one of these typically?

6fQjS3M.png

EDIT: Out of curiosity, how long does it take for you to do one of these typically?

This one took about 55 minutes, though I did pause it here and there to search for a good helmet photo, etc. (thankfully Myles Jack wears the same helmet -- and don't ask me how that was the first player that came to mind...). At the end of the day, this was a pretty easy swap since the main jersey color didn't need to be changed and it was mostly cleanup (shoutout to Scott for having such simple uniforms, too :P). Some will take quite a bit of time though. Maybe I'll do a few more vids as I get deeper into this year's yearbook.

How come the environment here at CCSLC has turned into "gimme, gimme, gimme"? Doug did this for a project he's been a part of for a long time, and was gracious enough to record it and show everyone a look inside his process. It's not an easy thing to do at all, and I'm not sure why you feel you have earned the right to ask him to spend about an hour of his time just because you want to see something? Learn to do it yourself or ask for tips! We have no problem trying to help people learn, but too many people get way too ask happy and don't realize that alot of time goes into doing alot of this stuff and we're not just doing it because you want us too.

Sorry for the rant, just saying.

Love it, Doug. It's fun to frankenstein pieces together, even if it isn't always easy. Did a great job here!

Twitter: @peteeee

E-Mail: peteschwadel@gmail.com

Dribbble!

You'd stand a much better chance of seeing them if you provided, you know, some feedback first?

I believe the fact that I am requesting another one shows feedback. It means this one was beyond amazing and I would LOVE to see him do more.

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

Well, this is not an NFL project, it's for college football -- as I stated in the description. So Tim Tebow and Peyton Manning are not a part of the equation. It's a lot of extra work for ultimately no reason. Like Pete said, maybe try to learn to do it yourself? I taught myself everything you saw in that video. It can be done.

Either way, thanks for the feedback.

Please follow the watch August: Osage County online.
Also Click here to watch online.
Please follow the watch Grudge Match online.
Also source.
Please source the watch The Invisible Woman online.
Also source.
Please Click this to watch the watch Justin Bieber's Believe online.
Also click here.
Please Get here the watch Journey to the South Pacific online.
Also Follow this link.
Please Click this to watch the watch Her online.
Also click here.
Please Click this to watch the watch The Truth About Emanuel online.
Also follow.
Please Follow this link the watch In Bloom online.
Also Get here.
Please Click here to watch online the watch Free Ride online.
Also Follow link.
Please Click here to watch online the watch Raze online.
Also Get here.
Please Click here to watch online the watch Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo online.
Please source the watch Divorce Corp. online.
Also Click this to watch.
Please Get here the watch The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box online.
Also Follow this link.
Please click here the watch A Song For You online.
Please Follow this link the watch Cold Comes The Night online.
Also Follow this link.
Please Click this to watch the watch The Banshee Chapter online.
Also click here.
Please Follow this link the watch Lone Survivor online.
Also follow.
Please Click here to watch online the watch The Legend of Hercules online.
Also Follow link.
Please source the watch The Rocket online.
Please Click here to watch online the watch American Hustle online.
Also Follow link.
Please click here the watch If You Build It online.
Also follow.
Please source the watch The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty online.
Please click here the watch Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom online.
Also Follow this link.
Please source the watch Saving Mr. Banks online.
Please Follow this link the watch Oldboy online.
Also Get here.
Please Get here the watch Black Nativity online.
Also Follow link.
Please click here the watch Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones online.
Also follow.
Please click here the watch Beyond Outrage online.
Also Follow this link.
Please click here the watch 47 Ronin online.
Also Get here.
Please source the watch Swerve online.
Also Follow this link.
Please Follow this link the watch 2 Jacks online.
Also Follow this link.

I want to start off by thanking you Doug for taking the time to make the time lapse video to share your process with us. I had no idea that there was so much to these swaps, like finding a second photo of another player with the same helmet to superimpose onto the player to give it the correct look.

The finished product looks great and I am completely in awe that you took the time to share with us, once again thank you!

Thanks so much for this. I have been trying to figure out how to best replicate the curved surface of a helmet, and this video helped with that. One question I have: Could you give a brief explanation of how you got the helmet stripe to change at the 1:30 mark? Was it Transform > Perspective?

award%20sig.png

Archived