jmoe12

NBA logos made Soccer crests

The Celtics are horrible.

Hey rickyISking, that sig is obnoxiously large. Tone it down a smidge.

jiFfM.jpg

ya i thought that picture with the suitcase or whatever was a part of his post

I'm trying to figure out why the Wizards' crest looks like a football.

yea, he missed on a lot of those. seems he doesn't quite understand the NBA and made a lot of arbitrary decisions. a couple are good, but the body of work is lacking some creativity.

ya i thought that picture with the suitcase or whatever was a part of his post

I have no idea when that suitcase thing became part of my sig.

Personally, few of them look decent, however, I can't say that about the rest of the lot.

I'm trying to figure out why the Wizards' crest looks like a football.

Same here.

Not sure why the Lakers have a crown, a lion, and a fleur-de-lis. Chicago's bull looks awful. Not sure why Charlotte has a lion-looking animal. Miami should have three stars above it, not two. Like others have said, not sure why DC is shaped like a football, and I don't know why it has six stars. The logos of Sacramento-through-Washington are downright terrible and boring.

My guess on the Wizards crest would be that he's started out with the idea of an oval shield, as used by several Italian clubs and seen on his ideas for Brooklyn, Detroit and others, and taken it on a step.

The problem is though that when it gets pointy it starts looking like an American football, and this isn't helped by the stars making it look like there's stitching on there.

There are some decent efforts in there, but quite a few leave me cold I'm afraid.

I like minimalist, but it has to encompass the spirit of the subject. Here he just outright ignores many teamnames for simple graphic choices, as if he had a limited selection of clip art to match up with each team name. A moon with rings for the Rockets? Just trees for timberWOLVES...the Wizards...A lion for the Bobcats?

Certainly decently presented, but needing of revision.

Since I'm guessing that the FC in a lot of the logos doesn't stand Fasketball Club, I guess the premise is that the NBA teams are reimagined as European soccer teams.

The Nuggets crest is pretty cool. Odd to try a Celtics crest without incorporating a shamrock or similar, though.

Brooklyn, Chicago, and Denver are good/great. The rest are okay to bad. The worst are DC and Boston.

not sure why the sixers dont have stars above there crest like other teams.

wizards is horrible and why is the timberwolves just showing the timber? i like memphis' redesign the best out of the bunch though.

Wow. Most of these are so bad that when I look at Utah's and see it resembles a bee's abdomen, I'm left wondering if it is subtle brilliance, dumb luck, or an unintended consequence.