Sports Logos unofficial NFL helmet rankings

JTrainGBR83

Thanks to the 77 forum members who participated. Each first-place vote was given 32 points, each second-place vote 31 points and so on.

The Bengals helmet finished in first place, just 48 points above the runner-up Rams.

The Saints helmet was the only one to finish in the top half without a single first-place vote. The other teams without a first-place vote were the Broncos, Panthers, Falcons, Dolphins, Jets and Titans.

The Jaguars finished a very distant last place, receiving 61 last-place votes. The only other teams to receive more than one last-place vote were the Dolphins, Browns and Ravens.

Here are the final rankings. Thanks to forum members davidson (template) and solovino for the pictures.

helmetrank.jpg

My top 10

1.) St Louis Rams

2.) Cincinnati Bengals

3.) Philadelphia Eagles

4.) Green Bay Packers (Bit biased here :P)

5.) San Diego Chargers (If it was there dark blue 80s-90s-00s helmet they would have been no.1)

6.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Just for the Pewter)

7.) New England Patriots (Honestly I like the Flying Elvis, sue me)

8.) New York Giants

9.) Seattle Seahawks (Don't like the mesh striping pattern, otherwise it would be higher)

10.) San Fransisco 49ers

Bottom 10

23.) Cleavland Browns

24.) Minnesota Vikings

25.) Pittsburgh Steelers (Sorry, I just feel that the one side only decal thing is outdated)

26.) Arizona Cardinals (Improved over the old helmet, but still meh)

27.) Miami Dolphins (Worse primary color in the league)

28.) New York Jets

29.) Indianapolis Colts (ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

30.) Baltimore Ravens (Black on Purple is a bad color combo, and you should feel bad for using it.)

31.) Houston Texans (White helmets were such a better Idea)

32.) Jacksonville Jaguars (DUH)

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

So at the end, it showed me big photo of a Jags helmet. Is it because I picked it dead last? Or do you just show everyone the jags?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

After going through this I have to say that the Ravens have the worst logo in the league. A squashed raven head with a B in the middle just doesn't look good.

I do like their color scheme though.

And I never realized how much I like the Chargers helmet.

1. Rams

2. Broncos

3. Lions

4. Eagles

5. Buccaneers

6. Giants

7. Packers

8. Saints

9. Bengals

10. Texans

11. Colts

12. Raiders

13. Bears

14. Vikings

15. Cowboys

16. Panthers

17. Chiefs

18. Falcons

19. Redskins

20. Seahawks

21. Browns

22. Jets

23. Cardinals

24. Titans

25. Bills

26. Dolphins

27. Chargers

28. Steelers

29. Patriots

30. 49ers

31. Ravens

32. Jaguars

I hate putting the Vikings so low, as I love the purple and horn design, but the matte finish and black facemask are terrible. Ditto the Seahawks and their drab colors and stupid superfluous feather pattern.

I love the whole incorporating a design into the helmet idea (Vikings, Rams, Eagles, Bengals) but I also love simplicity as long as it's done right. While other teams in the league are going with wild designs, they've remaining virtually unchanged for decades upon decades where you feel it could be out of a game in the 1930s (Bears, Packers, Colts, Cardinals, Steelers, Giants, Browns). Then there's some that just look good (Cowboys, Texans, Seahawks, Raiders, Lions, Bills, Chargers, Chiefs, Saints, Buccaneers, 49ers). Then you've got some that are just "meh" (Broncos, Skins, Dolphins, Panthers). Then the rest are just pretty bad.

sig.png

Seahawks #1

Jags #32

Basically helmets with wraparound did well (Eagles, Rams, Seahawks) and teams with boring logos did badly (Jets, Browns, Bears, etc.). Jags are just in a league of their own with their crappy helmet.

That was my exact first and last :) I had a real hard time picking the Seahawks as I am a Saints fan, but it is the best helmet.

After going through this I have to say that the Ravens have the worst logo in the league. A squashed raven head with a B in the middle just doesn't look good.

I do like their color scheme though.

And I never realized how much I like the Chargers helmet.

Their Baltimore city logo is much better. I like their colours too and hate their logo.

I'll never get the hat for the Browns helmet on here, it's great.

It's boring. I had it ranked 31st :)

Archived