AFL gets new helmet cam...

theSLVRBCK

They had player cams too. It was inside the helmet as opposed to being on the front though. I liked the selling pointsof the vvideo but outside of bigger schools and the NFL I don't know who could afford outfitting multiple cameras.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1:05

I had only ever seen still pictures of these.

Yessss! Always love footage of the WLAF and USFL. The unis were so cool. I think the teams were better (uni-wise) than the NFL Europe era. Lot's of people dislike the Orlando Thunder scheme but man, I've always liked them. I thought it was because I was a kid but no, even now, I think those unis were pretty special. Very loud BUT also pretty unique. I liked the Sacramento Surge as well, because they kinda reminded me of the Dolphins for some reason.

I'm surprised no one has snapped up the Glory logo for a new Federals/Capitols rebrand.

Or at least used it as the starting point. It was a shame they didn't keep teams in the States when they brought the league back. It might still exist as a US/Canada only league had they done that.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm not old enough to remember the WLAF or USFL, so the first thing that came to my mind was the first-person cam in the 2k games.

That's pretty much it. I'd think right now it's a logistical matter for the networks and the helmet safety situation for the league.

Yessss! Always love footage of the WLAF and USFL. The unis were so cool. I think the teams were better (uni-wise) than the NFL Europe era. Lot's of people dislike the Orlando Thunder scheme but man, I've always liked them. I thought it was because I was a kid but no, even now, I think those unis were pretty special. Very loud BUT also pretty unique. I liked the Sacramento Surge as well, because they kinda reminded me of the Dolphins for some reason.

There's only three jerseys I have ever hated: the Gawd awful picture jerseys that Memphis and Birmingham used in the CFL and carried over to NFL Europe, the gold Stars fake third and the red yoked Stampeders. Whom ever came up with those should be made to listen to Maya Angelou poetry on a loop.

I'd kill for some sort of helmet cam for Peyton Manning or Tom Brady and they do a commentary of exactly what they were looking at or seeing at a given time, going through their pre and post snap reads, and all of that stuff. That'd be great!

IUe6Hvh.png

There's only three jerseys I have ever hated: the Gawd awful picture jerseys that Memphis and Birmingham used in the CFL and carried over to NFL Europe, the gold Stars fake third and the red yoked Stampeders. Whom ever came up with those should be made to listen to Maya Angelou poetry on a loop.

:lol: oh man! I remember that CFL-US trend. Small number in the front, standard in back. Even the NFL tried it with the Pro Bowl one year. Ohhh but those with the huge pictures, like you said, were the worst. The Baltimore CFLers version was ok and the Pro Bowl version wasn't too bad either.

I think they worked well when done right. Barcelona and Frankfurt of NFL Europe being good designs. London looked horrible. It might have been the worst of all the designs. Even worse than Louisiana -Lafayette.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'll agree with you on Frankfurt but the rest of them just made me shake my head in between beers. I don't remember the Stallions having one of these....they bucked the trend that CFL-US had going. The look was clean and simple, they stood out from the rest of the league when it could have easily been an Ottawa/Calgary clone. I guess that would be my major concern with any new league or team.

Archived