WNBA's San Antonio Silver Stars Rebrand Themselves As...

Xist2inspire

...the San Antonio Stars.

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/2014/01/14/san-antonio-gets-jersey-sponsorship-launches-rebranding/

Old:

qm0ahbqz4mp09k4z4ekliofgl.gif

New:

Logo_featured_blk-590x332.jpg

Even though I like the new logo much better (except for the fact that the star seems to have been changed to a spur for some reason), I'm not a fan of the name change at all. "Silver Stars" just felt better and more unique. "Stars" is as generic as it gets (sorry, Dallas), and the WNBA has enough problems with generic identities as it is.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

No "Starzz"? WNBA fail.

That was the name when the team played in Salt Lake City.

(I'm serious. Check the Mothership.)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

No "Starzz"? WNBA fail.

That was the name when the team played in Salt Lake City.

(I'm serious. Check the Mothership.)

I know. I was hoping for a return to the "ZZs".

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

That spur at the bottom drives me nuts. Was it really that hard to put a star there instead?

It's a star that looks like a spur. Given that they're in San Antonio, I give em bonus points for this feat. I don't get what you're complaining about.
I dunno why it bugs me. Maybe because since they've changed to just "Stars," I find it odd that they used a spur/non- traditional star rather than a clean-cut star like the one in their original logo. To me it's like a team calling themselves the "Diamonds" and using a square-shaped jewel for their logo instead of one of the common shapes associated with diamonds. Other than that design choice, I have no problems with the logo at all, and think that it's an improvement from the old one.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Archived