WNBA's San Antonio Silver Stars Rebrand Themselves As...

Xist2inspire

What's with the the weird warped effect on the lettering?

That's my one problem with it. It makes the angles look off.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That's the big one, but other problems include some extra, very unnecessary outlines and a font that looks very reminiscent of the Sacramento Kings, who also use a hefty amount black and silver.

That's the big one, but other problems include some extra, very unnecessary outlines and a font that looks very reminiscent of the Sacramento Kings, who also use a hefty amount black and silver.

Another team that shares its name with a hockey team in the same state, oddly enough.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

That warp effect on the letters is my only complaint here because it doesn't match the flow of the star/spur which is streaking straight to the right and then the letters just seem to wave freely about.

Actually I think it was connecting to Jazz. Most the early WNBA team names tied to their NBA counterparts.

It was part of a weird effort to make the double-Z a Utah "thing". At the time, there was the Jazz, the IHL Grizzlies, and the PCL Buzz. If that had held, we might have gotten the AFL Blazze. Given the current state of the AFL, there's an increasingly good chance we'll get the Utah Brazzers.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As GFB said, I don't get the effect on the lettering. It'd make more sense to just have it angled and not curving up on the left. It looks really strange that it follows the streak of the star, then curves upward for no real reason. It'd also look better if they just removed the extra outlines and maybe even switch the letters to silver or white. Overall, it's not terrible, but it's far from perfect.

Another team that shares its name with a hockey team in the same state, oddly enough.

The Texas version shares it's name with two hockey teams in the state... the Dallas Stars AND their AHL affiliate in Cedar Park (north Austin) the Texas Stars. You can argue partial credit for the NAHL (Junior A) team in North Richland Hills, the Lone Star Brahmas.

Texas just has a big 'ole fetish with the star...

Archived