Orioles-Braves Sunday

slapshot

Here are the Orioles 1969 uniforms from the Baseball Hall of Fame's "Dressed to the Nines".

al_1969_baltimore.gif

The pant striping looks correct. As for the jersey striping, it's hard to tell. With the black sleeves it is hard to tell if there is a black stripe at the edge there or if it is an orange and black stripe next to each other. I'm not really sure what you mean about the #'s, if you mean block numbers you can see that they used them because they are on the front of the jersey. As for the arched name(like the Braves and Detroit Redwings, not arced like other teams) I think that is a fairly recent innovation. Bending the letters isn't, but that real smooth style like the Wings and Braves is I think. That's confusing. I'll find pics to show what I mean. Stirrups are inconclusive. It only shows a white stripe then a little black. Don't know what's next.

wow...I almost got Shark to like a retro uni :D

Seriously, you and I seem to agree that these would look great with a minimum of contemporary tweaking (the current script and current hat)...very similar to what the Pirates did. The red the Pirates added wasn't necessary, but it doesn't hurt the whole theme...it actually complements the yellow numbers on the black alts (and that's the only place it appears as well)

BAAAAA :P

when my new computer gets up and running, I might work up this idea for a concept

Yeah, but every time I see the NUMBERS on the current Pirates jerseys (except for the alternate) I want to gouge my eyes out! :shocked:

Here are the Orioles 1969 uniforms from the Baseball Hall of Fame's "Dressed to the Nines".

al_1969_baltimore.gif

The pant striping looks correct. As for the jersey striping, it's hard to tell. With the black sleeves it is hard to tell if there is a black stripe at the edge there or if it is an orange and black stripe next to each other. I'm not really sure what you mean about the #'s, if you mean block numbers you can see that they used them because they are on the front of the jersey. As for the arched name(like the Braves and Detroit Redwings, not arced like other teams) I think that is a fairly recent innovation. Bending the letters isn't, but that real smooth style like the Wings and Braves is I think. That's confusing. I'll find pics to show what I mean. Stirrups are inconclusive. It only shows a white stripe then a little black. Don't know what's next.

Went back to Ted Patterson's Orioles history, and found a picture of the pants from the sixties: the home pants were striped orange/black/orange like the current Giants (in fact, the teams could have swapped blank home sets with each other, as they were identical, except for the names and numbers.

For the TBC game the O's went with their current pro style numbers, rather than full block, like they wore then, and the Braves wear now.

Archived