dgnmrwrw

remember, im just a fan and critic, not an artist

Diques ~ amazing, love the contrast in color. Did you try doing their third in the "helmet grey" color? wonder how that would look.

Blues~ My team! Love the colors, and the simplicity, but, on the thirds, there is no blue note...seems kinda like sacrilege

Sharks~ Love how you modernized it, without bastardizing it....take note tampa bay buccaneers

Totems~ Brilliant work, the supersonic colors is a great homage, but just wondering if the space needle could be incorporated somehow?

Bolts~ this might be the best set of the bunch

hard to believe the next batch is the end, Toronto, Utah, Vancouver, Washington, and Winnepeg

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really love that sublimated Lighting Bolt, It looks sweet! Might have to use something like it if I ever decide to make a TB concept.

With the release of the template, could we expect the custom typefaces to be released too? If so, that would be awesome!

Jake88%2BSignture.png

G1yz1I6.png

This one is straightforward. The logo I've shown a few years ago, but tweaked with the new custom typeface. The unis are throwback-inspired, but I unified the striping and kept a double-outline theme running throughout the logo, stripes, and numbers. The heritage uniform is loosely based off an old Arenas uniform.

Wordmark

cWhZBD7.png

9uLiT8F.png

G2Gw7A2.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

3Za7Ykv.png

Expansion time! This logo was originally created for a client, but I've adapted it here. The Vipers' colors are purple, orange, and yellow. The uniforms have a unique striping pattern, with the sleeve stripes tapering to form a U/V shape and the side stripes forming fang shapes. Also, there's a light orange scale pattern sublimated on the yellow stripes.

The alternate jersey is orange and keeps the same basic striping sequence, and it also has a unique curved shoulder yoke. Right now, the primary logo is the crest, because I'm still not thrilled with any of my alternate logo ideas. I'll definitely be revisiting this one.

Wordmark

h5PIhuZ.png

rkJakZ0.png

ep3VtJ8.png

MO6bkJ9.png

For the Canucks, I wanted a modern yet clean and simple look that establishes a solid visual identity, instead of the odd mix of eras they currently use. Colors are blue, a darker green, and silver. The primary logo I used in an older series, and the Johnny Canuck logo on the alternate jersey is very slightly tweaked.

Secondary logo

Wordmark

m23eGka.png

YHlW1Iu.png

kXD9Qg1.png

TecCbp5.png

A modern update of their well-established look. I've completely ignored the Jagr-era blue/black/bronze era in creating this identity. The primary logo uses their current type, but adds stars and stripes inspired by the district flag. The home and road uniforms have been adapted from the Caps' original look, which I loved, and the alternate is blue, with the eagle logo for the crest and the flag pattern on the sleeves.

Wordmark

fnPKLHd.png

mIm8NsY.png

PEZYjC2.png

6A8Yt5I.png

I know that everyone wanted a Jets concept, but I did them last time I went through the NHL, and I really wanted to push this concept from a few years ago a little further and show it again. So the colors are blue, red, and light bronze. The primary logo has a subtle W and F in it. The uniforms feature sweeping stripes on the sleeves and pants, and the home and road unis are sort of mirrored. The alternate jersey is red and has the secondary logo for its crest.

Secondary logo

Wordmark

fX7WdwE.png

VO6NvlB.png

tOGZ9me.png

So that's that, for now. When I get some more time, I'll go back and rework a few things and hopefully add on an expansion/relocation project. Thanks everyone! And feel free to keep the feedback coming. I'll take everything into consideration.

Guest darkpiranha

These have been awesome across the board. Sorry that we're at the end. Can you put together a graphic that has all the logos on one page, or all the homes/aways/alts for the teams together on one page, kinda like GotPixels does, so we can see the full range of colors and styles?

I believe I've only commented once or twice this entire thread. That is because there is absolutely nothing I can say wrong about these concepts. If there was something wrong, I'd comment, but I have yet to see a single flaw in any of these. I see a Hall of Fame induction in the future, my friend. This whole series was and is a diamond in the rough.

Bravo, good sir. I can't say enough how great this series was. About as flawless as the America League series.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I find it interesting that the font you used for the names on the back of Washington's jerseys almost looks Cyrillic (especially with a name like Ovechkin). Was this a design consideration in your process?

As a whole, this series has been exceptionally well done.

QPR%20Sig.png

I have the biggest design stiffy after going through this whole thread. Great stuff!

Maybe it's because I'm a Leafs fan that I'm saying this, but I absolutely hate that leaf! Actually, let me correct myself, I hate the blue stroke around the leaf, it's really confusing. All the jagged points but then the rounded curves...it's a bit much. I think just the blue leaf by itself would look much better (white on the blue jerseys obviously).

Archived