NFL Conference Finals Team Logos - in PANTONE's Color of the Year: Radiant Orchid

TruColor

I just posted this on my blog, but in case you don't want to go over there to read it, I'll copy-and-paste it here:

...I threw together a few simple graphics for the final four NFL teams in this weekend's Conference Championship games. These display the four teams' (Denver, New England, San Francisco and Seattle) primary marks using PANTONE's Color of the Year for 2014 - 18-3224 "Radiant Orchid".

I utilized the "TPX" substrate - which reflects textile colors on paper, and converted these logos into proper grayscale format, and then applied various tints of Radiant Orchid to the individual color elements to produce the end-result.

Here are the four teams in tints of 18-3224 TPX "Radiant Orchid":

DenverBroncos_PMK0100a_RO.png

NewEnglandPatriots_PMK0100a_RO.png

SanFrancisco49ers_PMK0100a_RO.png

SeattleSeahawks_PMK0100a_RO.png

Just a silly thing I put together for the heck of it. Mindless, but mostly an exercise in recoloring existing logos...

The NFL should use these for breast cancer awareness month in October, but with all 32 logos.

url-17.gif

I don't get it why you had to put a gif that isn't even that funny or hurtful.

What I meant was use the pink logos on NFL.com and on apparel (which they do all ready).

The NFL should use these for breast cancer awareness month in October, but with all 32 logos.

url-17.gif

What I meant was use the pink logos on NFL.com and on apparel (which they do all ready).

I'd be okay with it as long as it doesn't show up on a helmet.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Beautiful.

I don't know what it is, maybe it's that I'm just a simplistic person, but I enjoy the whole "recolor" idea. I love logos and I love colors. Seeing various logos in different colors has always been something that's pleased me.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta say, it's a hell of a good pink.

url-17.gif

what he said....

Orchid is a shade of purple.

87Redskins.png

I just posted this on my blog, but in case you don't want to go over there to read it, I'll copy-and-paste it here:

...I threw together a few simple graphics for the final four NFL teams in this weekend's Conference Championship games. These display the four teams' (Denver, New England, San Francisco and Seattle) primary marks using PANTONE's Color of the Year for 2014 - 18-3224 "Radiant Orchid".

I utilized the "TPX" substrate - which reflects textile colors on paper, and converted these logos into proper grayscale format, and then applied various tints of Radiant Orchid to the individual color elements to produce the end-result.

Just a silly thing I put together for the heck of it. Mindless, but mostly an exercise in recoloring existing logos...

How did you determine what the tints should be?

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

How did you determine what the tints should be?

Every team provides specs for their logos using grayscale. I just took those percentages and applied them using Radiant Orchid.

• 11 months later...

Archived