Orlando Magic logo

sportserh

Hey guys,

Let me know what you think about this design!

This design features a magic hat/top hat, whatever you want to call it. The thing that magicians pull rabbits out of or whatever.

Should be self explanatory from there, but the design on the right has the top hat with a ball coming out.

The design on the left has the top hat without the ball, but the hat is made up of the letters O and M.

The design in the middle has the ball coming out with them bottom half of the top hat made up of an M. The O is technically still there, but it is hidden from the ball.

The thing about this design, is that the top hat also looks like a rim and net with the ball flying through it. So the design in the middle combines a top hat -signifying magicians-, a basketball, a basketball rim, stars -like the other Magic logos-, an O, and a M. In my opinion, the M in the middle design makes the entire thing look even more like a basketball net.

Does anyone know what font the current Magic logo uses? Also, does anybody have any other font suggestions? I'm trying to put this entire logo together, text and all, but I'm having trouble piecing it together. Any suggestions are welcome!

9AoBW7W.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the feedback guys! Any ideas on how to improve the execution?

Well i was thinking that you should color in the bottom part with either white or silver(or even one and one) because as is with the negative space it takes away the 3d look and takes away from it looking like a hat.

So what i propose is using more of a highlight to mold the M than a cutout as it currently is.

So something like this 16831771-sombrero-de-mago-con-varita-del

Note the highlights are positioned to where you can potentially turn that into an M.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Any ideas on how to improve the execution?

Well i was thinking that you should color in the bottom part with either white or silver(or even one and one) because as is with the negative space it takes away the 3d look and takes away from it looking like a hat.

So what i propose is using more of a highlight to mold the M than a cutout as it currently is.

So something like this 16831771-sombrero-de-mago-con-varita-del

Note the highlights are positioned to where you can potentially turn that into an M.

Hey I appreciate your help shaydre1019! Lots of people leave feedback but not many go as far to actually help out.

So, let me know if I'm understanding you correctly. Do you want me to make the "M" into a highlight instead of a cutout as it is now? I like that idea, but the only problem is the trend in NBA logos don't use highlights. Almost all the teams like to be able to use their design in 2 to 3 colors, and if I make it a highlight that would restrict them.

add a nice thick white outline, and make the stars more of a trail and this would be improved by a mile. I like the middle the most.

Thanks for the feedback! I like it.

Yeah I meant highlights but I also realize that this set is very minimalist(which I love and try to achieve with my art) so it becomes sort of a conflict of interest. However if you CAN pull offthe highlights in a simple way that wouldn't change your logo too much it would be great.

Like I said it seems like a good idea in my head but executing it is another thing.

Haha I'm learning too and I've benefited a lot from fellow posters going out of their way to help me out so I try to do the same especially when I really like someone's work.

There is another basketball team in Florida using a ball (be it a flamed one) going through a hoop as you will know. That is my only objection to this idea. So in order to make it work it really has to be a visible top hat. And including a magic stick and some good old silver, black and blue Magic stars would not hurt. Otherwise your idea is very creative and original.

Archived