Vintage Mascot Logo Refresh- Update: Baltimore Orioles

suplauren

I wanna see what you do with the school I spent two years at, FIU!

Okay, this one took a looong time compared to the others. But as you'll see, it's because I basically overhauled the logo rather than just touching it up.

Old:

lanuf9atfo9osskd9xsq.gif

Update:

mPhim88.png

For this one the inspiration was their 2001-08 logo of a panther crawling out of the Everglades. I liked the nod to the unique setting of the school and the endangered state animal, the Florida Panther. I think their current logo looks pretty good, but it's so generic!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanna see what you do with the school I spent two years at, FIU!

Okay, this one took a looong time compared to the others. But as you'll see, it's because I basically overhauled the logo rather than just touching it up.

Old:

lanuf9atfo9osskd9xsq.gif

Update:

mPhim88.png

For this one the inspiration was their 2001-08 logo of a panther crawling out of the Everglades. I liked the nod to the unique setting of the school and the endangered state animal, the Florida Panther. I think their current logo looks pretty good, but it's so generic!

A real improvement.

Thanks Guys! I'm on fire tonight. Here's one I've been wanting to do since I started this project, but I thought it'd be too tough. I think I got it though.

Old:

n48g.jpg

New:

KefZYUh.png

Would love C&C for this and FIU! I'm trying to figure out which logo I want to do next, let me know if anything from my pinboard speaks to you, or if you have any other ideas.

This is impressive work. How about this Western Michigan logo, if you need some more to feed your addiction! 6awe4e3icc4qa1ec7g1x.gif

I worked on this one for a while. I can't for the life of me figure out what the hell is going on with the horse's face. So I used their current logo as inspiration on that part. I'm still not pleased with it. CnC please!!

3Vyvh4K.png

That Mizzou logo is several kinds of fabulous, suplauren, great work.

The Western Michigan logo is good, but I think if you outlined the W and gave the bronco a color that contrasts to the color of the W, you'd have an outstanding a logo. As it stands now, the W is sort of shadowy behind the horse and the colors bleed the images into each other. Still, great job all the war 'round.

LehQRaC.png

I'm wondering if you can do something with the old UMass Lowell River Hawk logos seen below. I'd like to see how you could modernize them!

uml_hawk_head.gifUMass-Lowell_River_Hawks.gif

Birds with teeth are one of my logo pet peeves :P I will attempt the River Hawks, though they will probably be more like a total revamp than a re-touching.

The Western Michigan logo is good, but I think if you outlined the W and gave the bronco a color that contrasts to the color of the W, you'd have an outstanding a logo. As it stands now, the W is sort of shadowy behind the horse and the colors bleed the images into each other. Still, great job all the war 'round.

I tried to do the W similar to the original. But I think I will go back and fix the W and touch up the horse's face a bit, because it's still bothering me.

Okay, now onto some new material. This one is kinda interesting. I spent a while looking for vintage Arizona logos, but I was having a hard time finding anything worthwhile. I did find this teaser image:

d8370b64232d811fb55b33762c4e3fc6.jpg

I tried my hand at updating the guy in the top center. Here's my version of Wilbur:

z7009Ef.png

Archived