Vintage Mascot Logo Refresh- Update: Baltimore Orioles

suplauren

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh, I've never seen that one before, and I've done a lot of research into our logos. Really cool, and nicely updated!

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

So the first one Ren has already redone here: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/95922-updating-vintage-logos/page-14?hl=wolverines#entry2135037

and the second one appears to be actually someone ripping off Hettinger from this thread: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/96359-wolverine-20/?hl=wolverines

But if you wanna send me more Michigan logos please do!

Great addition. Any more in the works?

I have that whole pinboard of stuff I wanna do! But I think first I need to go touch up a couple of the ones first. Here's the pinboard, lemmie know what you would like to see from there!

I also got a commission recently so I'll be posting that in the boards here. And I have an idea for a cool project involving revamping all the state universities in the country, but that's pretty daunting.

It would be interesting to see how this Providence Steam Rollers logo would turn out...

5041.gif

Maybe! could be fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I know I said I would fix the other logos that I've done. But I found this logo tonight and fell in love immediately.

It's for Eastern Arizona College, a community college. They're the Gila Monsters, and this is Hank, their mascot:

logo.png

Here's my update in the current colors:

J0KiCUZ.png

And in their actual colors of Purple, gold, and white:

PzVWttA.png

• 3 weeks later...

This one isn't really vintage. But I felt like it fit well enough with the theme of this thread to not make a new thread.

University of South Alabama:

usa-jags.jpg

I hate logos like this. Did they hire the Athletic Director's 12 year old kid to make this? The mouth is horrible, and for a jaguar it has a stupidly small amount of spots. I also hate how a major color is only used in some weird crescent on the side of the blob's neck.

tumblr_inline_mvny72qKtH1rqeyrw.png

Here's my revamp!

JoaxE1h.png

This is quite a bit better. I have moved to southern Alabama and am constantly amazed by how terrible the logo is. You are a FBS school now, get with the program. As a 7th grader my school was nicknamed the Jaguars, and their logo was much better than the current USA logo.

award%20sig.png

This is quite a bit better. I have moved to southern Alabama and am constantly amazed by how terrible the logo is. You are a FBS school now, get with the program. As a 7th grader my school was nicknamed the Jaguars, and their logo was much better than the current USA logo.

Thank you! It just horrifies me to think that millions of dollars are spent on printing merch with this logo on it, advertising with this terrible logo, teams have to wear this thing into games. Ugh.

• 2 months later...

Archived