Super Bowl XLVIII

njmeadowlanders

Seahawks patch via Darren Rovell

image_zps34e041fb.jpg

I didn't notice initially, but the sleeve graphic appears to be slightly different on the white and grey jersey. On the navy jersey the green portion is closer to the grey and appears longer. It is even more noticeable on the original press released shots by nike. I think that might be part of the reason i didn't like them at first.

Never understood why on the white and grey jerseys that the color area behind the Nike logo isn't lime green as on the blue jerseys ? Shouldn't they mirror the blue jerseys ? And the stripe on the white and/or grey pants should be green as on the blue pants

At the risk of reopening a rather stale can of worms, I've always assumed that the color choice of that particular uniform element, home or road, was decided on the basis of what would give the most visual emphasis to the Nike logo. The navy swoosh pops out nicely against the neon green when the whole shape is surrounded by more navy, but picture it as a navy swoosh in a neon green shape on a white background? IMO the relatively small navy element would be harder to see. And Nike can't have that when they so carefully designed an effective frame for it.

As a side question... has anybody seen an authentic jersey and can tell me what material the navy chest stripes are made from, and how it's applied? The up close view of it is surprisingly cheap-looking IMO. Was a sewn in element out of the question, for some reason?

Which begs the question, which is the more important element to promote on the teams uniforms, the logo or image of the team itself or Nike trademark ? Other teams around the league have the Nike logo but are a suddle image. It could have been a white or gray Nike logo on the blue jerseys. Its ashame they added the gray element to the teams uniforms but you hardly ever see it.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im trying to find the pic, but the Broncos endzone for the Super Bowl is navy blue. Kinda surprised, was expecting orange.

Oh noooo. Damn, does this mean navy endzones for both teams?? Boooooo!

If that's the case, I think this may be one of the worst looking Super Bowl fields. The uni matchup may look good, but double navy endzones would look so bland.

Could be, unless they paint the Seahawks endzone gray. Hope it just says "Seahawks" and not the two word "Seattle Seahawks" with small seattle like they did against the Steelers.

Seahawks patch via Darren Rovell

image_zps34e041fb.jpg

I didn't notice initially, but the sleeve graphic appears to be slightly different on the white and grey jersey. On the navy jersey the green portion is closer to the grey and appears longer. It is even more noticeable on the original press released shots by nike. I think that might be part of the reason i didn't like them at first.

Never understood why on the white and grey jerseys that the color area behind the Nike logo isn't lime green as on the blue jerseys ? Shouldn't they mirror the blue jerseys ? And the stripe on the white and/or grey pants should be green as on the blue pants

At the risk of reopening a rather stale can of worms, I've always assumed that the color choice of that particular uniform element, home or road, was decided on the basis of what would give the most visual emphasis to the Nike logo. The navy swoosh pops out nicely against the neon green when the whole shape is surrounded by more navy, but picture it as a navy swoosh in a neon green shape on a white background? IMO the relatively small navy element would be harder to see. And Nike can't have that when they so carefully designed an effective frame for it.

As a side question... has anybody seen an authentic jersey and can tell me what material the navy chest stripes are made from, and how it's applied? The up close view of it is surprisingly cheap-looking IMO. Was a sewn in element out of the question, for some reason?

I honestly think its because of 2 reasons.

1. I believe they want to emphasize neon green accents on the all navy and I think they accomplished that nicely without going over the top. The grey helps keep it from going overboard.

2. The neon green would get lost on the white and to a lesser extent the grey jersey. So I'm sure that's why they went with the navy graphics on the light jerseys.

But yeah does anyone else notice the difference in size and spacing on th sleeves or am I goin insane???

Im trying to find the pic, but the Broncos endzone for the Super Bowl is navy blue. Kinda surprised, was expecting orange.

Oh noooo. Damn, does this mean navy endzones for both teams?? Boooooo!

If that's the case, I think this may be one of the worst looking Super Bowl fields. The uni matchup may look good, but double navy endzones would look so bland.

Could be, unless they paint the Seahawks endzone gray. Hope it just says "Seahawks" and not the two word "Seattle Seahawks" with small seattle like they did against the Steelers.

It says Seahawks at CenturyLink, so there is a pretty good chance that it will just say Seahawks in the endzone. Wouldn't be shocked if its the other way around however.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

I gotta say, I'm really not a fan of the Orange Broncos jerseys.

Blue-heavy always worked for me.

What??!! You're INSANE, good sir. INSANE!!!

I agree with Finkle, the orange always looks awkward to me, like it's still an alternate. The blue is much better in my opinion

Agreed. I'd prefer that the Broncos have an orange jersey, but with this set the blue is much better. The blue jerseys were designed to be the primary uniform in this set, and IMO you can tell that's the case. There's just something about the orange uniform that makes is still seem like an alternate.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I gotta say, I'm really not a fan of the Orange Broncos jerseys.

Blue-heavy always worked for me.

What??!! You're INSANE, good sir. INSANE!!!

I agree with Finkle, the orange always looks awkward to me, like it's still an alternate. The blue is much better in my opinion

Agreed. I'd prefer that the Broncos have an orange jersey, but with this set the blue is much better. The blue jerseys were designed to be the primary uniform in this set, and IMO you can tell that's the case. There's just something about the orange uniform that makes is still seem like an alternate.

Now if the Broncos blue was royal again instead of navy, would they look better ?????

Assuming the NFL decides to stick with the NFL logo already sewn into the field, it should look like this.

12142368715_1f480e3be7_c.jpg

I don't know if this is true, but I feel like the wordmark with Seattle overtop of Seahawks is their "official" wordmark. So it wouldn't surprise me to see the endzone have Seattle as well, just like it did in Super Bowl XL. For what it's worth, this is the only wordmark they have on the motherboard:

998.gif

90758391980.gif

Assuming the NFL decides to stick with the NFL logo already sewn into the field, it should look like this.

12142368715_1f480e3be7_c.jpg

I don't know if this is true, but I feel like the wordmark with Seattle overtop of Seahawks is their "official" wordmark. So it wouldn't surprise me to see the endzone have Seattle as well, just like it did in Super Bowl XL. For what it's worth, this is the only wordmark they have on the motherboard:

998.gif

Seems to me the city name is unnessessary. This above workmart style seems to imply that there is another city in the US that has the Seahawks also so it needs to clarify that this is the "Seattle" Seahawks in this game.

Here's might be why... The broncos and Seahawks both have navy-ish end zones, but neither have a navy jersey. So there is plenty of contrast on the field itself. Seahawks with white jerseys and navy endzone, broncos with orange jerseys and navy endzone. If broncos endzone was orange it might be an overload of orange. If the broncos had chosen to wear navy jerseys then maybe we would have seen an orange endzone.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I know it's not directly related to the Super Bowl, but Pro Bowl jerseys are now on sale, for all who care.

I was REALLY hoping to get an Alterraun Verner jersey this year since he's the first Titans Pro-Bowler since 2010 but he's not available. Will more jerseys will be added or do they only make them for the most popular players?

Here's might be why... The broncos and Seahawks both have navy-ish end zones, but neither have a navy jersey. So there is plenty of contrast on the field itself. Seahawks with white jerseys and navy endzone, broncos with orange jerseys and navy endzone. If broncos endzone was orange it might be an overload of orange. If the broncos had chosen to wear navy jerseys then maybe we would have seen an orange endzone.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but the Pats wore navy jerseys against the Giants in 42 and 46, and had the navy endzone. If Broncos wore navy, we'd probably still see the navy endzone.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I know it's not directly related to the Super Bowl, but Pro Bowl jerseys are now on sale, for all who care.

I was REALLY hoping to get an Alterraun Verner jersey this year since he's the first Titans Pro-Bowler since 2010 but he's not available. Will more jerseys will be added or do they only make them for the most popular players?

Was really hoping NFL would go back to numbers not being duplicated in the Pro Bowl. Oh well, I guess 17-Rivers can throw to 17-Jeffery.

Do players playing in the Super Bowl get named to the Pro Bowl and then replaced by someone else? I'd like to buy a Pro Bowl jersey for one a Denver player because I like the jerseys, but I don't see any listed.

Yes they get replaced, one of the reasons why I think its stupid they moved the pro bowl to before the Super Bowl, and not allowing Super Bowl players to play

Archived