Super Bowl XLVIII

njmeadowlanders

I find the fact that we're two days past Media Day and we still don't have any real photos of the field very odd.

Every time I do a Getty Images search of MetLife Stadium, the aerial photos show the end zones still not in place and the Super Bowl Logos covered up. I imagine the possibility of the weather messing up the paint job might be causing the field crews to keep the end zones in storage since they're movable, but it's really driving me crazy.

I'm hoping they at least have the skyline Superbowl logo on the field.. Even though it's sloppy as hell at least it's different than previous years.

The nfl logo at midfield and the colored end zones are not paint.. They are actually colored field turf. Aka colored plastic. Actually the whole field is colored turf .. Most of it is colored green.

(Boise St. Doesn't paint the whole field blue they just use blue colored turf)

However I'm guessing they painted the Super Bowl logos on the turf which is why that is covered up.

No idea why they haven't installed the endzones yet other than it only takes about an hour to do it so I guess there's no rush until game day

I'm pretty sure the Endzones will be painted. No way they have colored ones.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like the blue end zone. with the team wearing orange jerseys, it would be orange overload with an orange endzone. the whole SB branding this year has been very nice. nothing for XLVIII is too over the top or gaudy (not counting the official logo)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I find the fact that we're two days past Media Day and we still don't have any real photos of the field very odd.

Every time I do a Getty Images search of MetLife Stadium, the aerial photos show the end zones still not in place and the Super Bowl Logos covered up. I imagine the possibility of the weather messing up the paint job might be causing the field crews to keep the end zones in storage since they're movable, but it's really driving me crazy.

I'm hoping they at least have the skyline Superbowl logo on the field.. Even though it's sloppy as hell at least it's different than previous years.

The nfl logo at midfield and the colored end zones are not paint.. They are actually colored field turf. Aka colored plastic. Actually the whole field is colored turf .. Most of it is colored green.

(Boise St. Doesn't paint the whole field blue they just use blue colored turf)

However I'm guessing they painted the Super Bowl logos on the turf which is why that is covered up.

No idea why they haven't installed the endzones yet other than it only takes about an hour to do it so I guess there's no rush until game day

I'm pretty sure the Endzones will be painted. No way they have colored ones.

Exactly - there's clearly a need for the Jets' and Giants' endzones to be colored turf, but I highly doubt colored turf endzones exist for the Super Bowl, given the two-week time frame.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm thinking that since they knew they would be getting the game as part of building the stadium they probably had an extra set of endzones made that they can paint however they needed. From looking at all the pictures I've seen the last couple weeks I assume the endzones are painted and in place but covered with a navy tarp that looks just like the empty bottoms when they endzones are removed. That seems to be what they are doing with the SB XVLIII logos as well but a different color tarp. On the Bronos end zone above it looks like the tarp is rolled up at the top. I find it hard to believe that no one has snuck a glimpse at the Seahawks endzone. Something is up.

The Seahawks end zone will be blue I'm guessing. I'd be shocked if it wasn't. Only other colors are Grey which is too close to white and that green which might cause tv's to blow up if it's an entire end zone. Honestly, I'm hoping its blue with green lettering so both end zones are dark with bright words, but it'll probably be blue with grey words.

I'm thinking that since they knew they would be getting the game as part of building the stadium they probably had an extra set of endzones made that they can paint however they needed. From looking at all the pictures I've seen the last couple weeks I assume the endzones are painted and in place but covered with a navy tarp that looks just like the empty bottoms when they endzones are removed. That seems to be what they are doing with the SB XVLIII logos as well but a different color tarp. On the Bronos end zone above it looks like the tarp is rolled up at the top. I find it hard to believe that no one has snuck a glimpse at the Seahawks endzone. Something is up.

It does look like a tarp rolled up... (edited out the last part of my thought).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I agree, I have seen pics that they have "blank" endzones that are used for bowl games or other football events as needed. And they most likely waited due the cold weather.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Archived