Super Bowl XLVIII

njmeadowlanders

Any chance the Broncos get superstitious and opt for something other than orange? They are 0-3 all time in orange in the Super Bowl, and the last time they wore orange was the 49ers 55-10 rout in SB XXIV, the most lopsided SB in history. On the other hand, they are 1-0 in navy blue and 1-1 in white (1-0 in the current whites and 0-1 in the white version of the old "Orange Crush" uniforms). Also, if I'm not mistaken, I don't think they've worn orange away from Mile High all season - their only dark jersey away game I can remember was at Dallas, when they broke out the blue unitards.

BTW, do the Broncos still have the white pants with orange stripe as an option to go with the navy jerseys, or are the navy pants all they have anymore to wear with the navy jerseys? I think that was a much better look than all-navy, and that combo will forever be assosciated with arguably the greatest moment in franchise history, SB XXXII and the "helicopter" play.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think alternate uniforms are allowed in the playoffs and or Super Bowl. Broncos will be Orange over white and the Seahawks will either be white over blue, or white over gray.

Broncos (anniversary), Cowboys (anniversary), Chargers (throwback), and Panthers (alternate pants) have all worn alternate uniforms in the NFL Playoffs.

If the NFC were the designated home team do you think the Seahawks would wear all navy?

Of course we they would! That's their best look and monochrome has been their look for some time now. As much as I would love to see the monochrome wolf grey uniforms in the Super Bowl, I'm sure this will be the uniform match-up:

120828_lynch_sweezy_lg.jpg

I'm thinking the Seahawks will wear their Octopus Blue pants with Tadpole Green stripes and their Polar Bear White jerseys. The Shark Gray pants and jerseys will not be seen. I highly doubt the NFL would let them wear those alternates in the Super Bowl.

For Denver, there is a 99% chance the Broncos will show up in their Goldfish Orange jerseys, and Albino Crocodile White pants with their Seal Blue helmets and socks.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Broncos (anniversary), Cowboys (anniversary), Chargers (throwback), and Panthers (alternate pants) have all worn alternate uniforms in the NFL Playoffs.

Pants don't matter. There ain't no such thing as "alternate pants".

The Seahawks wore white jerseys and blue pants in their last road game (which happened to be in New York in December) and my guess is they'll be in that same combo for the SB.

Seattle doesn't still have their green jerseys right? Imagine orange vs green!!! But I would like to see orange vs gray that would be cool.

No, the Seahawks ditched the green when Nike redesigned them... But wow, orange vs green... that would look like the Oregon vs Oregon State game back in November.
sfcs53.jpgwrnk8w.jpgvqs3h1.jpg

If my Bengals can't be in the Super Bowl with their Halloween costumes (which is every season, it seems), I root for a Super Bowl with a good uniform matchup. This year's playoffs didn't provide for many attractive possibilities, but Colts-Packers and Colts-49ers would have been the best options. Seahawks-Broncos is not going to be easy on the eyes.

Archived