Super Bowl XLVIII

njmeadowlanders

SuperBowlMVPs.png

Cool graphic. Especially cool to actually see a Saints jersey in it!

But as a long-time CCSLC member, I'm shocked and appalled (tongue-in-cheek) that no one has mentioned what's off, technically at least, in the graphic. Anyone?

That were now missing the latest MVP jersey from Malcolm Smith?

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I wouldn't expect them to have that. There's something about 2 of the jerseys that is, at least to us old-timers, inaccurate compared to how they looked on the field.

Well, the Steve Young jersey was wrong, it was the 1996-2008 uniform but it looks to be fixed with the proper 50's Throwback they wore in that game.

Edit: Got it, Elway's jersey should be blue. Atlanta wore white when they faced the Broncos in their last Super Bowl, well it was their last a day ago.

bSLCtu2.png

SuperBowlMVPs.png

But as a long-time CCSLC member, I'm shocked and appalled (tongue-in-cheek) that no one has mentioned what's off, technically at least, in the graphic. Anyone?

Bart Starr's NOB?

And yes, we should petition this website with the wrath of a thousand suns :P

Edit: bleuet beat me to it :P

Yes, they put NOBs on Starr's jerseys. The NFL only added NOBs as a result of the merger. I think the first season was 1970 so none of the NFL representatives in SBs I through IV had NOBs.

It's understandable...most people wouldn't 1) notice or 2) know who a player that far back was without the NOB (and many even with it!).

09000d5d80d9696a_gallery_600.jpg

alg-morrall-then-jpg.jpg

bill_brown_1967_12_23.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

SuperBowlMVPs.png

Bart Starr's NOB?

And yes, we should petition this website with the wrath of a thousand suns :P

Edit: bleuet beat me to it :P

Man, that was close! LOL

Quote of the Super Bowl day in my social circle: After seeing a sideline camera shot of a large bird that most observers assumed was a seahawk, one person asked "Why do they have that eagle?" After it was explained that it was most likely a sea hawk, she replied "Well, it doesn't look anything like that thing on their helmets."

Quote of the Super Bowl day in my social circle: After seeing a sideline camera shot of a large bird that most observers assumed was a seahawk, one person asked "Why do they have that eagle?" After it was explained that it was most likely a sea hawk, she replied "Well, it doesn't look anything like that thing on their helmets."

Because Seahawks dont exist, its a tribal representation of an osprey

SuperBowlMVPs.png

Steve Young's number font.

Here's something I'm surprises nobody on these boards noticed by now.. I can't say more than this but see if anyone notices anything interesting about the nfl logo at midfield.

It was small?
Not that. It has to do with the colors. Been that way all year. Only people on these boards would ever notice.
goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I'd like to apologize for any inaccuracies. As the image says, I used JerseyDatabase.com to collect each jersey. I had to "modify" a few of them to create those that didn't exist. For example I used a Marino to make Jake Scott(VII). Also missing were Randy White(XII), Larry Brown(XXX), Desmond Howard(XXXI), and Dexter Jackson(XXXVII). I did try to fix Steve Young(XXIX) after watching the highlights of that game. I just thought it was an interesting way to look back.

SuperBowlMVPs.png

Steve Young's number font.

Desmond Howard's jersey stripes are incorrect. The Packers still had three yellow stripes and two white stripes on their jerseys in 1996-97. They didn't go two yellow-one white until Nike modified them in 1997 (98?).

18955%20-%20SI%20Feb%203%2097%20Desmond%

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived