Super Bowl XLVIII

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is why i don't get why the question was asked "depends on what you consider the Bucs uniforms to be"...

Clearly it's Red.

Maybe he doesn't follow the Bucs, and for some reason thinks they still use Bucco Bruce and creamsicle unis?

I'm thinking the Seahawks will wear their Octopus Blue pants with Tadpole Green stripes and their Polar Bear White jerseys. The Shark Gray pants and jerseys will not be seen. I highly doubt the NFL would let them wear those alternates in the Super Bowl.

For Denver, there is a 99% chance the Broncos will show up in their Goldfish Orange jerseys, and Albino Crocodile White pants with their Seal Blue helmets and socks.

giphy.gif

Got it, a jab at the Seahawks' wolf grey. However, that is their official shade of grey:

http://www.colorwerx.us/research/TeamColors/Football_Outdoor/NationalFootballLeague/popup.htm?http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad347/ColorWerx/Football_Outdoor/NationalFootballLeague/Colors/Solid/SeattleSeahawks_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

And that is a real shade of grey

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/wolfgray

I believe CWx confirmed that the shade of grey the Seahawks use is no different from the shade of grey other teams in the NFL use. While "wolf grey" may be a real shade of grey outside of the NFL the name is only really there for marketing purposes for the Seahawks. It's not a unique shade.

The Seahawks - for some reason - are using the Nike Color Codes as their official color descriptions. These are the colors that Nike has assigned to their own proprietary fabric colors.

If you want to use Nike's colors for other teams - like the Broncos for example - you'd get: College Navy and Brilliant Orange.

...oh, and here's a good one...for the 49ers:

Gym Red

Club Gold

Black

Wolf Grey (helmet facemasks)

I'd be curious to see every team's conversion.

Like the Dolphins and Buccaneers for example, would, I think, be interesting.

Dolphins:

Turbo Green

Orange Horizon

Marina

Buccaneers:

Gym Red

Toffee

Black

Brilliant Orange (alt. University Orange)

Medium Silver

...oh, and here's a good one...for the 49ers:

Gym Red

Club Gold

Black

Wolf Grey (helmet facemasks)

Interesting have you compared Nike's Gym Red, to the Pantone the 49ers wear? I wonder if it's exactly the same or slightly off. While We are on the subject:

The 49ers old bright red was considered "Scarlet" or "Scarlet Red" while the late 90's darker red was coined "Cardinal Red" and the newest red, a mixture of old and new, but closer to the Scarlet Red I've heard called the following: Deep Scarlet Red, Cherry Red. etc. I think they've just decided to call it "49ers Red".

I actually found out recently that the Cubs Blue is the same shade as Dodgers Blue. It always looked like the Dodgers Blue was a little lighter than the Cubs Blue - at least in the Logo.

Broncos will be in their Orange Crush-esque Home jerseys, Seattle I think will be in the monochrome whites. I like Denver's Orange jerseys, but not feeling the side panel blue stripe - not bad, but always liked the Elway-era Orange jersey a little more.

Hopefully the Seahawks won't be in all white, or else they'll blend in with the snow, am I right

With 42 posts in almost 11 years, broken avatar and no question mark, I believe you are wrong.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived