Super Bowl XLVIII

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a bunch of photos of the Super Bowl patch being sewn on to the Broncos' jerseys. Were the patches sewn on these last few years? For some reason I thought they had been doing something else to apply them on the jerseys.

i love those patches

Here's a bunch of photos of the Super Bowl patch being sewn on to the Broncos' jerseys. Were the patches sewn on these last few years? For some reason I thought they had been doing something else to apply them on the jerseys.

If I remember correctly, for the Packers/Steelers Super Bowl, they were heat pressed on. I don't know what they've been doing since then though.

jNTsTyQ.png

I remember the cheap ones Reebok used that were breaking and falling off in 2010 and 2011. They started using the stronger, sewn on patches last year.

I am trying to think of all the Super Bowl's featuring former division rivals.

The Steelers played Dallas in Super Bowl X, XIII and XXX. They were both in the Eastern Conference for a while pre-merger. Likewise the Colts and Bears played in the Western Conference for a time as well and played in XLI. Though the Colts were in Baltimore at the time they shared divisions.

In XLIII the Steelers played Arizona. When the Cardinals played in St Louis they played in the Eastern Conference as well as later in the Century Division.

Super Bowl XXXVII was between the Bucs and Raiders who were both in the AFC West at one point (1976).

I think that covers it. Are there any I am missing?

niagaraq.png

I know I'm in "left field" here but am I the only one that thinks:

1. Orange vs Navy looks better

2. Orange vs Navy is actually easier to tell apart

WIth both teams having navy helmets I think the white jersey of the Seahawks and the white pants of the Broncos make that combo actually more difficult to tell apart in a crowd.

BlueVWhite.jpg

Archived