Super Bowl XLVIII

njmeadowlanders

Here's a bunch of photos of the Super Bowl patch being sewn on to the Broncos' jerseys. Were the patches sewn on these last few years? For some reason I thought they had been doing something else to apply them on the jerseys.

If I remember correctly, for the Packers/Steelers Super Bowl, they were heat pressed on. I don't know what they've been doing since then though.

Super Bowls XLV and XLVI had heat-pressed patches, and (especially the latter game) they were prone to be detached and removed easily. Beginning last year, the logo patch underwent a makeover, being sewn-on instead and being kept on in-play.

300480500-06161606.jpg

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL-MARE-UFL1.jpg

I still think those jerseys would've looked really good had they worn them with their white pants.

It may be a very unpopular opinion but I loved those. I remember seeing that game on TV in 2009. They lost to the Bears. I knew that they would never wear them again (win or loss) but I had to get one.

I gotta say, I'm really not a fan of the Orange Broncos jerseys.

Blue-heavy always worked for me.

What??!! You're INSANE, good sir. INSANE!!!

I agree with Finkle, the orange always looks awkward to me, like it's still an alternate. The blue is much better in my opinion

I agree with Finkle, the orange always looks awkward to me, like it's still an alternate. The blue is much better in my opinion
I'm speechless. I'm not usually critical of other people's opinions on here, but this is one of the dumbest comments I've read on this board.

Yeah me too, but i'm too young to remember the orange days. My earliest memory was of John Elway winning those superbowls. He was like my favorite player at the time and i thought those uniforms were awesome. Still think the design can last a long time and really like it.

Other than the weird Brown/Yellow years, the Broncos had always worn an orange top at home before the redesign. So the heavy blue was a bit of a curveball when the new look was unveiled. Personally, I prefer the Blue/Orange/White combo because it just feels more like the Broncos to me.

Just on a logistical stand point the orange jersey is much better because it eliminates the need for two different sets of white pants. That's why they've only worn the monochrome blue since switching.

jNTsTyQ.png

Seahawks patch via Darren Rovell

image_zps34e041fb.jpg

I didn't notice initially, but the sleeve graphic appears to be slightly different on the white and grey jersey. On the navy jersey the green portion is closer to the grey and appears longer. It is even more noticeable on the original press released shots by nike. I think that might be part of the reason i didn't like them at first.

Oh and are these super bowl specific cleats?

BeuHxGvIcAAMIuf.jpg

image_zps34e041fb.jpg

I didn't notice initially, but the sleeve graphic appears to be slightly different on the white and grey jersey. On the navy jersey the green portion is closer to the grey and appears longer. It is even more noticeable on the original press released shots by nike. I think that might be part of the reason i didn't like them at first.

Oh and are these super bowl specific cleats?

BeuHxGvIcAAMIuf.jpg

Never understood why on the white and grey jerseys that the color area behind the Nike logo isn't lime green as on the blue jerseys ? Shouldn't they mirror the blue jerseys ? And the stripe on the white and/or grey pants should be green as on the blue pants

I'm speechless. I'm not usually critical of other people's opinions on here, but this is one of the dumbest comments I've read on this board.

How so? I completely agree, the orange isn't bad but it just doesn't look as sharp as the navy with orange accents.

Really??? THAT's one of the dumbest comments you've read on this board?

Put me in the camp of preferring the Navy as well...and I'm old enough to remember them in the AFL too.

Really??? THAT's one of the dumbest comments you've read on this board?

Put me in the camp of preferring the Navy as well...and I'm old enough to remember them in the AFL too.

I have to agree about the... um... relative "dumbness" of the opinions on the Bronco's jersey color. I'm in the orange camp personally, but I read dumber comments on here daily. (Hell, I might be responsible for a few of them!) Look up the thread for "Possible 2014 NFL changes" and read a half dozen dumber comments per page.

Im trying to find the pic, but the Broncos endzone for the Super Bowl is navy blue. Kinda surprised, was expecting orange.

Oh noooo. Damn, does this mean navy endzones for both teams?? Boooooo!

If that's the case, I think this may be one of the worst looking Super Bowl fields. The uni matchup may look good, but double navy endzones would look so bland.

90758391980.gif

image_zps34e041fb.jpg

That works on the single digit player jerseys. Not sure how much space there is with two digits.

Also, different from the few versions available through the Seahawks website, where the patch is on the other side. Plus, given the seemingly larger numbers on all the versions of fan-available (even the Elite) jerseys, I don't see where that patch fits.

Finally, although asked earlier, I still haven't been able to find the official SB vinyl patch anywhere online yet.

image_zps34e041fb.jpg

Never understood why on the white and grey jerseys that the color area behind the Nike logo isn't lime green as on the blue jerseys ? Shouldn't they mirror the blue jerseys ? And the stripe on the white and/or grey pants should be green as on the blue pants

At the risk of reopening a rather stale can of worms, I've always assumed that the color choice of that particular uniform element, home or road, was decided on the basis of what would give the most visual emphasis to the Nike logo. The navy swoosh pops out nicely against the neon green when the whole shape is surrounded by more navy, but picture it as a navy swoosh in a neon green shape on a white background? IMO the relatively small navy element would be harder to see. And Nike can't have that when they so carefully designed an effective frame for it.

As a side question... has anybody seen an authentic jersey and can tell me what material the navy chest stripes are made from, and how it's applied? The up close view of it is surprisingly cheap-looking IMO. Was a sewn in element out of the question, for some reason?

Archived