If Football was in the Olympics(series conclusion)

JTswag187

A sea of blue and cherry blossoms, beautiful and perfect for Japan, thank you! They don't look like North Korea or South Korea now. Fantastic work! The logo really looks like a Japanese coat of arms too.

I have two requests, to drop the sun rays on shoulders and the gold chrysanthemum seal. These are official symbols employed by the government and Japanese Self-Defense Forces. They also symbolize and are heavily used by nationalist right-wing groups, with some being affiliated to yakuza syndicates:

nn20130523f1a-870x577.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Brazil is done, I can't vote in the poll for Japan, but I think the Red/Blue should stay, I feel the shade you've chosen can distance itself farther away from South Korea, which uses a Blue-White scheme, a lot. Pink/Light Blue looks nice, but I doubt a scheme like that would ever make it to represent the country of Japan, it just screams "Minor league" if you think about it.

With Argentina, the anti-symmetrical stripes are really bugging me, it's not something you notice until you see it, symmetry is superior on most sports uniforms, so I'd shorten the stripe to the sleeve on one side, and I'd also get rid of the stripe across the bottom of the pants, you don't really see that for a reason.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I think Brazil is done, I can't vote in the poll for Japan, but I think the Red/Blue should stay, I feel the shade you've chosen can distance itself farther away from South Korea, which uses a Blue-White scheme, a lot. Pink/Light Blue looks nice, but I doubt a scheme like that would ever make it to represent the country of Japan, it just screams "Minor league" if you think about it.

With Argentina, the anti-symmetrical stripes are really bugging me, it's not something you notice until you see it, symmetry is superior on most sports uniforms, so I'd shorten the stripe to the sleeve on one side, and I'd also get rid of the stripe across the bottom of the pants, you don't really see that for a reason.

I agree about the stripe on the pants. It's a nice idea, but there's just no way to execute it well

qjmf8gfss7kivgth30eo3f19b_zps05455a47.giiko8i2w57la790evvqfhvre2f_zpsf00d15d5.gicdxd8xpogngx4cr7dnlwdghfp_zpsc521828f.gi89551301999_zpsdc887eb0.gif?t=1392410149

The photo of the soccer players I posted above are the Yokohama F. Marinos of J. League, Japan's Division 1. Pictured here Sagan Tosu another J. League team. Teams of Japan Professional Baseball wear these colors on occasion too:

sagantosuall.jpg

OLYSB205-219_2014_145348_high.jpg

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

So I have decided to go with Italy since Sweden already has pretty good unis. I've got 3 updates for you guys as well. Also if you've ever seen Poland's football team they already look pretty perfect, so if I were to redesign them it would be very minor tweaks. The poll feature on this thread is broken, so if you guys want to see someone else instead then just tell me who. Anyways let's get into the concepts

Italy:

13154144284_45e4cef8ea_o.png

Japan:

I've decided to go with pink and blue just for the fact that it's really grown on me.

A sea of blue and cherry blossoms, beautiful and perfect for Japan, thank you! They don't look like North Korea or South Korea now. Fantastic work! The logo really looks like a Japanese coat of arms too.

I have two requests, to drop the sun rays on shoulders and the gold chrysanthemum seal. These are official symbols employed by the government and Japanese Self-Defense Forces. They also symbolize and are heavily used by nationalist right-wing groups, with some being affiliated to yakuza syndicates:

Personally I didn't want the rising sun there either for the same reasons. To me it's like putting swachtzica's(is that how it's spelled?) on Germany. However every concept I've seen for any Japan team has the rising sun. I hate it, but I thought people would want it.

(sorry for the political debate)

13169022605_39dc21a768_o.png

Argentina:

13169019695_d8b6731a81_o.png

Brazil:

13169119793_d2e5fd549f_o.png

Don't forget to tell me who the last team should be

The updates look fantastic. Not a big fan of Italy. When I think of an Italian American football team, I think blue and white, not gold. I'd say get rid of the gold in Italia. Uruguay or Chile could replace Poland. Both have terrible american football unis

The updates look fantastic. Not a big fan of Italy. When I think of an Italian American football team, I think blue and white, not gold. I'd say get rid of the gold in Italia. Uruguay or Chile could replace Poland. Both have terrible american football unis

Agreed, I'd just remove the Gold in general, blue-white looks a lot better without it. The updates are pretty good, just cleaning em' up in general.

But I'm sooooooo happy Italy got a team, I'd see Italy having a team being a bit more realistic given the location and demographic comparisons between it and Sweden.

Japan looks fabulous! One very small detail, it'd be one perfect football uniform if you pulled the tiny gold button from the pink jersey.

Everyone has their own views and perceive things differently, but I think it's all about the desire of wanting to learn more. See here for my thoughts on the FIFA World Cup Japan uniforms.

If you visit Japan, you probably won't see much of the rising sun design nor the gold chrysanthemum seal unless you tour an official government facility, like a Japan Self-Defense Forces naval base or run into some right-wingers parading their colors.

Swastika is spelled just like it sounds and literally means, "it is good." It's an ancient symbol and still used by old religions. There are some Buddhist temples with the mark here in Japan.

Azzuri, Blue Team looks really sharp. They look both old and modern and the sand color reminds me of The Colosseum, that I like. The updates you made on Argentina and Brazil look great, there's no doubt what nation they represent.

Again, you've done a fantastic job with the updates, keep up the good work, and I think I'll go show my friends the Japanese one without the button.

That's it? No one has anything to say?

I prefer Brazil with blue pants and white pants instead of green. I think the dark pants on the Argentina kit with a blue shirt still looks too Uruguay for me, swap them around maybe? Italy is great, maybe a scudetto-style shield could be an idea? :)

scudetto_italia.jpg

bef9f409-173d-42e4-83c3-0dfb0596cf6e_zps56f6504c-a533-4b0a-a54f-0a17bc034a3c_zps

Don't worry this thread isn't dead. For the last team I'm thinking Sweden or Spain because of the fun color schemes (if you do enough of these you start to hate red and blue). I'm still taking feedback on my Brazil and Argentina updates. And if I'm going to update Italy i'll need some more feedback as well. Another question I have is do you guys want this series to be expanded since we're coming to the last team. Anyways today I have a small Japan update, minor tweaks, but they make a difference.

13318008855_9a4c1eae07_o.png

Here's Italy if you missed it:

13154144284_45e4cef8ea_o.png

Don't forget to tell me who the last team should be and if I should expand this to more countries.

To be honest, I'd rather Spain than Sweden, but maybe have a play-in game involving Sweden, Denmark, and 2 teams already in the field?

Archived