If Football was in the Olympics(series conclusion)

JTswag187

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an awesome fun concept, hope you do the other countries. Not to take away from yours but i'm not a fan of one side being different than the other like Maryland does or whatever. It might look cool if there were stars on the neck trim and stripes on the side. Your concept looks cool but just a suggestion.

I'm a big fan of this and Love the US concept you've got going but I would hope they wouldn't play in 2014 in Sochi seeing as they are the winter Olympics but 2016... I'm all for that!

It would make for a better preseason than what the NFL has now. However, it would make for a much better Pro Bowl if it were in the winter games.

As for the concept, no complaints. I love it. Can't wait to see what's next!

I put it in the winter games because there's nothing better than snowy football

USA update is coming soon, for now here's Canada:

12075529303_5c7c297251_o.png

I would make one of the pant stripes on the white pants blue and the other red. I think incorporating some silver would be cool too, but it looks good.

I did look at the front view of the pants

Canada is too boring. I feel like there's so much more you could do with them, but you're trying to hold back.

I was going for a basic look, any suggestions? Also if you're looking for interesting then you'll enjoy a couple of these down the road

I

Starting with the USA

12063953915_f80e78e2bc_o.png

away will be posted soon. C&C is appreciated and questions are welcome.

I think the flag on the left hip of the pants is a bit much. You could go with just the "USA" text and be fine. As other have said, I think the helmet could definitely benefit from a more artistic interpretation of the stars and stripes. Also, as noted by others, the orientation of the stripes on the sleeves should horizontal if you were to include them. But I'd actually just go with stars on both sleeves.

Well done. Canada would rock this, and thats a great leaf. Simple again, maybe the way to go. Good collar leaf. Just try a white helmet and making the numbers smaller.

thanks.

USA update:

12078780755_a2b546d33b_o.png

put the wordmark on the helmet, and on the collar it says "Don't tread on me".

Canada:

The reason for me adding grey was to add something more than just red and white.

anyways no more grey:

12079293424_5327869acb_o.png

Very nice idea and I cannot wait for the other nations, especially the Dutch (please not too much orange or any tulips and windmills please!). These US uniforms are very good, I would buy that blue jersey right away. But what about some sort of national association badge for the US team? The USFA (United States Football Association)? Or Gridiron USA?

I think the Canadian flag has a nice stripe pattern built into it that could look good if it were echoed over to the concept on the pants, helmet, etc.... Without the Maple leaf helmet you could mistake these for Austria, as the shoulder stripes look like their flag.

Black pants would help make said striping pop out....reason I say black besides they use it in a lot of their team uniforms....it's also the colors of the rather iconic Canadian Mounties' uniform pants. Their Uniforms could also provide a little inspiration of what to do on the neck & shoulders....but don't want to be too heavy handed with it obviously. Symbolism or nods like that is what I think these first two designs lack a bit.

So something like this on the pant stripe

qUzX9EX.jpg

Maybe a small little blue element somewhere for these two....A blue fleur de lis and a blue Star mirroring each other somewhere....i dont know, just a thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Canada#Alternative_flags

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Nunavut and the other territories use blue as well.....but a nod to the Inuit history and people of Canada.

just a little background on international American football. there is a World Cup, the us/canada are not Allowed to send pro or college players. Japan/USA/Mexico and Canada pretty much have dominated it since it started (in that order) with the euro champs Germany roundin the top five off. I would base the qualified teams off the teams that have qualified for the past few world cups.

ifaf (international federation of American football) has a website with all the countries uniforms from the last World Cup.

Really not a fan of America having USA on the helmets. That aspect is really over kill. No one will really need to know exactly where that uniform is from when seeing it. And its a little tough to read. I love that set, but the wordmark on the lid was too much for me.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I think the Canadian flag has a nice stripe pattern built into it that could look good if it were echoed over to the concept on the pants, helmet, etc.... Without the Maple leaf helmet you could mistake these for Austria, as the shoulder stripes look like their flag.

Black pants would help make said striping pop out....reason I say black besides they use it in a lot of their team uniforms....it's also the colors of the rather iconic Canadian Mounties' uniform pants. Their Uniforms could also provide a little inspiration of what to do on the neck & shoulders....but don't want to be too heavy handed with it obviously. Symbolism or nods like that is what I think these first two designs lack a bit.

So something like this on the pant stripe

qUzX9EX.jpg

Maybe a small little blue element somewhere for these two....A blue fleur de lis and a blue Star mirroring each other somewhere....i dont know, just a thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Canada#Alternative_flags

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Nunavut and the other territories use blue as well.....but a nod to the Inuit history and people of Canada.

thanks for all the info on canada!

Very nice idea and I cannot wait for the other nations, especially the Dutch (please not too much orange or any tulips and windmills please!). These US uniforms are very good, I would buy that blue jersey right away. But what about some sort of national association badge for the US team? The USFA (United States Football Association)? Or Gridiron USA?

I thought of doing something of a patch for them, but I didn't because then I'd have to for every country. Also I had nowhere to put it.

USA:

I put 13 stars on the collar, took off the word mark on the helmet and brought the white jersey back.

12089090674_89a9b8cce8_o.png

Canada:

added blue as an accent color and made the sleeve stripes vertical.

12088709565_0a38f73d98_o.png

Archived